GDT: The 2023 NHL Entry Draft, June 28 - 29, 2023

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
Here it is: The 2023 NHL Draft GDT.

Our list of picks is for reference below. I will update the OP if we make any deals with some of these picks throughout the day.

Will also try to update the OP as picks are made, and link to each prospect's discussion thread.

RoundPick#OAConditionsPick Made/Disposition
1stDET9N/A9OA: Nate Danielson
1stNYI17From Vancouver (1 Mar 2023). Hronek Trade.17OA: Axel Sandin Pellikka
2ndDET41
2ndSTL42From St. Louis (21 Mar 2022). Leddy Trade
2ndVan43From Vancouver (1 Mar 2023). Hronek Trade.
3rdDET73
4thMIN117From Minnesota (3 Mar 2023). Sundqvist Trade.
5thDET137
6thDET169
7thDET201

Last edited:

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Perreault needs a LOT of work on his skating. Some of the nastiest (not in a good way) edgework in the draft. says a lot about his hands TBH
I wouldn’t have taken him in the 1st round. He gets knocked off the puck way too much. He needs a lot of work with his lower body, and some guys his size can NEVER gain that core muscle. The smaller bone structure guys. It’s tough. Same with the Russian dman Gulyayev. Might never get strong enough. Where ASP already has that core strength at 18.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
When did everyone here start over rating Moore?
Most teams think he’s a 3rd line wing who MIGHT be able to over perform because of his work ethic on the ice. It’s crazy. People read these mock drafts that are just a different variation of Central Scouting. People fall in love with a 1 minute clip and have really never seen these kids play.

Reactions: Geezer WC

HisNoodliness

Good things come to those who wait
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
SY has been our GM for 4 drafts, 4 offseasons, and 4 trade deadlines and we haven't done a single thing to address the most glaring weakness on the team by acquiring true scoring centers or wingers.

I get wanting to build the defense first but Jesus, at some point you need to put pucks in nets.

And I know nobody wants to hear this, but since it looks like we aren't going to be adding any decent forwards this off-season, get ready for a top six of Kubalik-Larkin-Raymond, Berggren-Copp-Perron next season. f***ing BARF.
I will say that if you're looking for scoring, I think that ASP was a great pick. I really wanted us to go after forwards with high potential too (I'd have sprinted my way to a Dvorsky/Perreault draft and be cracking a bottle of champagne on the draft floor), but I don't think this is a draft to be upset about. ASP is going to help this team score. Nate Danielson has some real upside to his game honestly. It's not what I'd have done, but I don't think this has been a mistake.

Reactions: Rolo Tomassi

jaster

My dog from Belgium came with frites.
Jun 8, 2007
Updated prospect rankings:

1. Edvinsson
2. Kasper
3. Mazur
4. Danielson
5. Sandin Pellikka

Reactions: lilidk

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I'll have a hard time believing Yzerman couldn't have moved up to 6 and got Michkov with Arizona reaching there on Simashev

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
I love the Danielson pick we're going to be so hard to play. The asp pick is perplexing I don't absolutely hate it but I don't get the point of trading hronek and using that pick u got for him with a player who plays in the same style and is no guarantee to be as good.

I was crying out for Barlow. But I at least think asp will blend in nicely with our other d players.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Am I correct to call Danielson as Filppula 2.0. excellent 3rd line center.
ASM has high sealing, very smart , but need to get stronger

GarlicbreadTB

Apr 16, 2015
Not my prefered players on either picks, but I trust Stevie and co. Now trade for DeBrincat tomorrow and sign some decent players on July 1st.

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
feels so weird that there hasn't been even a single trade yet tonight
thinking the same thing... have teams assessed this draft to be that deep that they do now wq
Am I correct to call Danielson as Filppula 2.0. excellent 3rd line center.
ASM has high sealing, very smart , but need to get stronger
The guy has 70 pt seasons to his name...He gets a lot of flack, but he played a well rounded game, WITH OFFENSE, when he played with line driving wingers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad