GDT: The 2023 NHL Entry Draft, June 28 - 29, 2023

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
Here it is: The 2023 NHL Draft GDT.

Our list of picks is for reference below. I will update the OP if we make any deals with some of these picks throughout the day.

Will also try to update the OP as picks are made, and link to each prospect's discussion thread.

RoundPick#OAConditionsPick Made/Disposition
1stDET9N/A9OA: Nate Danielson
1stNYI17From Vancouver (1 Mar 2023). Hronek Trade.17OA: Axel Sandin Pellikka
2ndDET41
2ndSTL42From St. Louis (21 Mar 2022). Leddy Trade
2ndVan43From Vancouver (1 Mar 2023). Hronek Trade.
3rdDET73
4thMIN117From Minnesota (3 Mar 2023). Sundqvist Trade.
5thDET137
6thDET169
7thDET201

Last edited:

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
The more I'm reading about Danielson, the more I am liking him. Let's see what Yzerman is cooking up for tomorrow. Draper has struggled mightily in the 2nd round, hopefully he can turn it around tomorrow. He has not earned the benefit of the doubt like Yzerman has.

Reactions: DamonDRW

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
Super excited to have two new players to fawn over.

As much as I am ok with Danielson and Sandin Pelikka, I might have been happier with Willander and Moore.

Just saying.

Reactions: Go Wings

flychairman

May 23, 2023
At least three of Ethan Gauthier f, Gavin brindley f, Oscar Fisker Mølgaard LW/C, Kasper Haltunan RW, Anton Wahlberg C, Michael Hrabal 6-6 G, Rehkopf F, Sawchyn C, Andrew Cristall LW, Lukas Dragicevic RD, Riley heidt w, Maxim Strbak RD guaranteed available at 41, 42, 43. Excellent.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
If he only becomes a 3rd line center, how is that good with a top 10 pick? He has to become at least a 2nd line player, otherwise it is a loss from a top 10 pick standpoint.
This. This right here.

Proponents are saying "well at least Danielson will be a good third line center" and then the same guys poo-pooed Moore because "he might just end up as another Darren Helm."

Who was once famously referred to as "the bests third line center in the NHL." (And was also a holy terror in the playoffs.)

Look, some of you fellers got a little carried away last night, with your negativity, hurling slurs like "wee tiny" and "oh gross a ginger," and typing out screaming with all caps, and simulating vomiting on your keyboard.

I don't want to point any fingers, but you know who you are. And hopefully you've had the time to quietly reflect, and watch a few videos of our new center and defensive prospects, as have I.

Danielson was a bit of a reach, but he's exactly what we need, a big quick right-handed center. Was he the right one? That's up to Danielson, we'll see in a couple of years. He must have impressed Yzerman in his interview with his commitment.

And this Pellikka was ranked anywhere from 7 to 20-something, one of the most polarizing prospects. So he's certainly interesting. This one was the opposite of need, so here they're hoping for a home run, and maybe we'll be able, in a few years, to trade one of our many excellent left-handed D for a top-notch established goalie, say. And this Pellikka kid has an absolutely wicked shot and he's smart.

Barry Amsterdam

Fillin Nets Since 18
Apr 2, 2013
Love both picks.

Danielson will be a 70 point + guy and be a swiss army knife.

will run the 2nd line

X-Larkin-raymond
X-Danielson-X
Ras-Kasper-X

Need more speed up top? Slide him on wing with larkin and Raymond.

Want a shutdown possession line? Put him with ras and kasper.

The crow eating will be delicious

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
The more I'm reading about Danielson, the more I am liking him. Let's see what Yzerman is cooking up for tomorrow. Draper has struggled mightily in the 2nd round, hopefully he can turn it around tomorrow. He has not earned the benefit of the doubt like Yzerman has.
Draper's struggled how? Hes doing what yzerman wants and passed on skilled guys for competitive 2 way guys.

Anyways way too soon to say hes struggled we have to wait and see on all the 2nds the last 4 years. Mastro is a fail and niederbach and tuomisto looking that way but rest is pretty much a ?

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Super excited to have two new players to fawn over.

As much as I am ok with Danielson and Sandin Pelikka, I might have been happier with Willander and Moore.

Just saying
Would have went wood and moore by what was available. Think wood has huge upside and ppl will be shocked he feel there,huge f up imo

We'll see what happens in 5 yrs

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
Would have went wood and moore by what was available. Think wood has huge upside and ppl will be shocked he feel there,huge f up imo

We'll see what happens in 5 yrs
Moore does t play D.

I’m eating if they were set on taking a C and a D, they could have done it differently

Fyodorov

Apr 20, 2021
Love both picks.

Danielson will be a 70 point + guy and be a swiss army knife.

will run the 2nd line

X-Larkin-raymond
X-Danielson-X
Ras-Kasper-X

Need more speed up top? Slide him on wing with larkin and Raymond.

Want a shutdown possession line? Put him with ras and kasper.

The crow eating will be delicious

Well...there's a fine line between optimistic and delusional

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Encouraging to hear from someone who has seen him many times. I wasn’t thrilled with the pick but he will grow on me and become one of our top prospects. After all who am I to be upset about a player who I haven’t seen.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
My issue is less with who we took and moreso, who we didn't. Danielson is by most accounts a perfectly fine player that will be helpful. As was Kasper last year. Having drafted Kasper and his progress going very well, I would have preferred a guy with a different type of ceiling. Dvorsky or Wood. At least they're out west, I suppose and the one is in our 2nd prospect pool.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
hawks and coyotes killed this draft IMO
I have questions (not saying I have "doubts", just questions) about the Coyotes ability to recruit But and Simashev once their KHL contracts set to expire, but I do certainly agree that on talent, they were good picks.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
My issue is less with who we took and moreso, who we didn't. Danielson is by most accounts a perfectly fine player that will be helpful. As was Kasper last year. Having drafted Kasper and his progress going very well, I would have preferred a guy with a different type of ceiling. Dvorsky or Wood. At least they're out west, I suppose and the one is in our 2nd prospect pool.
All I know is that the guys we don't take that I wish we would have taken usually flame out at an equal or higher rate. This of course does not prevent me from going through the same emotional cycle each year.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Moore does t play D.

I’m eating if they were set on taking a C and a D, they could have done it differently
Never said Moore played d I would have drafted best player available and not for needs

Done differently how? Willander at 9? Sure but they obviously liked danielson

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I really get the frustration. We all get tunnel vision on a few players the consensus always says are more skilled. Yzerman and his crew just saw it differently. I think Danielson will make us happy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad