GDT: The 2023 NHL Entry Draft, June 28 - 29, 2023

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
Here it is: The 2023 NHL Draft GDT.

Our list of picks is for reference below. I will update the OP if we make any deals with some of these picks throughout the day.

Will also try to update the OP as picks are made, and link to each prospect's discussion thread.

RoundPick#OAConditionsPick Made/Disposition
1stDET9N/A9OA: Nate Danielson
1stNYI17From Vancouver (1 Mar 2023). Hronek Trade.17OA: Axel Sandin Pellikka
2ndDET41
2ndSTL42From St. Louis (21 Mar 2022). Leddy Trade
2ndVan43From Vancouver (1 Mar 2023). Hronek Trade.
3rdDET73
4thMIN117From Minnesota (3 Mar 2023). Sundqvist Trade.
5thDET137
6thDET169
7thDET201

Last edited:

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
would say kasper is more nhl rdy he was drafted but think danielson has better tools. kasper has some aspects danielson might lack, like being a puck hound and willing to scrap for space and pucks.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
feels so weird that there hasn't been even a single trade yet tonight

NHL GMs are easily the most conservative in pro sports.

And Yzerman was fairly transparent he was more likely to move the 2nd round picks this year. I guess we'll have to see if anything gets cooking in the next day here. If DeBrincat is on his way to Detroit, it seems we'll know sooner than later.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
He's going to gain 2 inches in height between the age of 18 and 22? Wow that's odd.

OK. And he's Cale Makar too. Yep.

I mean, I get it. I want to support the team too. And I will. I wish this wee tiny soft offensive defenseman who shoots from the same side as most of our defenseman prospects all the best. I really do.

And I hope Danielson ends up better than Dvorsky and Moore and all of these apparently much more promising prospects.

And I'll root for both of these two guys. Of course.

But right now, tonight: I am so disappointed in these two picks, in the waste of draft capital...I know a trade takes someone else willing to make one, but would Buffalo have traded 13 plus a later pick for 9? I'm thinking yes. Would Danielson have been available at 13? I'm thinking definitely yes.

Allow me to be disappointed, and to vent. ARRRAGGGGGAAApukeOHSHITTHATHURTIVOMITEDWHILEIWASSCREAMINGAARRRGGHHH
He's 5'11 180 at the combine which is 1 inch and 10 pounds off of a 25 year old Hronek.

You're mad at false information.

HisNoodliness

Good things come to those who wait
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Okay. I can totally live with a Danielson/ASP draft.

I never tried to get hyped for ASP because he's a 5'11 D that takes a lot of risks and Yzerman usually doesn't target those. I think that there's a really solid chance at a star offensive D here. We're sad that we missed out on Cale Makar and Quinn Hughes. Here's our chance at that guy. Maybe he's Tyson Barrie if he doesn't reach true star heights. Even if he tops out as a 2nd pair, puck rusher type, I'm happy with that. Anyone can bust of course, and there is risk with ASP. I think that there's a lot of upside here though and personally, I'm really happy to see Hakan take that swing on him. It gives me a solid reason to believe that he can live up to that potential.

Danielson makes me excited for only one reason. The Karate Kid is a top tier nickname. I think he has more offensive upside than he gets credit for, and I think that he'll be a solid player for us. I also worry that maybe he's nothing more than a 3C, and we really didn't need the "defensively responsible, all around C" model after we took Kasper last year. So I have at best Henkka's lack of emotion there. Besides that nickname. All aboard the Karate Kid train!

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Will we go through the whole 1st round without a trade?

gotta think there's at least someone trading up a few spots soon

when's the last time there's been a full first round without even that? has that even ever happened? it's gotta at least be real rare

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad