OT: The 2023 Holiday Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
To those celebrating.

1701954683788.jpeg

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Heading up to Ogunquit for the weekend. Looking forward to it.

Have fun! Marblehead had a thing like this when I lived there. Kids loved seeing Santa come in on a lobster boat.

Reactions: Gee Wally

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Ok ladies...
What are some of the best stocking stuffers for a non girly girl wife
Without knowing anything about her, some of these may not apply...lol

Handmade soap
Candle
Cookie cutters
Mini grater - there are some very cute mini gadgets if she likes to cook or bake
Crystals
Pack of cards - I found a bunch of cute games at Walmart - some are charades, mysteries, etc
Puzzles
Puzzle books
Hockey puck....lol

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Ok ladies...
What are some of the best stocking stuffers for a non girly girl wife
candy
scratch tickets
cookie scoops/small kitchen item
gift cards
hand sanitizer
funny bandaids
chapstick
hand cream
eyeglass cleaner
office supplies (post it notes, a nice pen, small notebook)

My sister and I are very picky about office supplies so post it notes for the fridge is a normal find in stockings these days. I'm a pen snob and get giddy over pen refils.

The bandaids started as a text from me asking if she needed any b/c I need to spend my extra fsa money. I got the package 2 days before xmas one year and put them in her stocking.

Growing up it was always scratch tickets, small toys and our favorite candy in stockings.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I’ve been working from home for a few weeks while they do some renovations at work.

I‘m a bit of a neat freak and TBH, I love that I can keep the house neat because it makes me enjoy how nicely my wife decorated the house a lot more.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Does anyone else (probably from my generation) do the Santa Mouse tradition...... ???

In a nutshell, Santa Mouse travels with Santa Clause and hides a small gift in the Christmas tree for you to find. It is always tied with yellow ribbon.

Got my Santa Mouse book in 1968 as a 5 year old.....have done it every year since. I told my daughter Santa Mouse presents came and she said I wonder what fishing lure I am getting this year....

Reactions: sooshii and sarge88

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
It may not prove your thing, but this Christmas, give The Holdovers a moment.

Deftly written, directed, and cast. Set in 1970. New England. Boston makes a fine cameo.

It's sweet, it's sad, funny and smart. And it will stay with you.

In a good way.

Merry Merry all,

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
This could be fun.....
Worst Christmas gift you ever got ?

My wife's family drew names with a $100 limit.
My mother in law, who would have preferred my wife married any other male alive, got my name of course.

She went to some place cheap and got me a set of plastic curves for tracing to do woodworking. They cost $10.

Everyone kept waiting for the next gift for me..... that was it

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: caz16 and badbrewin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad