OT: The 2023 Holiday Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
tree up and finished

Attachments

• KIMG0498_01_BURST1000498_COVER.JPG
    KIMG0498_01_BURST1000498_COVER.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 9

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I put my midget tree up again last night, I'll decorate it tonight, though. 3 years strong with this bad boy... It's still hanging in there.

"I never did think it was such a bad little tree.

"All it needs is a little love."

1701724657971.png

Happy Holidays! Ft. Midget Tree

View attachment 777033

Are they all fighting over the last piece of fruitcake? Or are they going to use it as a door wedge?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Heading up to Ogunquit for the weekend. Looking forward to it.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Curious as to what people think about the following movies....
I'm into fun/goofy so enjoy them all

Elf
Four Christmases
Christmas with the Kranks

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Elf
Four Christmases
Elf is a great movie, but there's one MAJOR Christmas faux pas in it for me. There is way too much talk in the movie about the legitimacy of good ol Saint Nick, and who is responsible for the presents. I don't get fired up about much, but I really hate when Christmas movies (especially those aimed at kids!) use the mystery of Santa as a plot point.

The Santa Claus film is public enemy #1.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

Elf
Four Christmases
I cannot watch Will Farrel, so no Elf for me. Christmas with the Kranks - I love it! The scene after the botox in the restaurant makes me laugh every time.

My youngest daughter loved "Pigs at Christmas", her favourite Christmas book (our family is obsessed with books so the girls grew up loving them too). The traditional lemon shortbread cookies have always had to include Christmas pigs since she first read the book. I love memories like this, they make me all warm and fuzzy inside. I make them with hubby now.

1701891969922.jpeg

Reactions: GordonHowe

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I cannot watch Will Farrel, so no Elf for me. Christmas with the Kranks - I love it! The scene after the botox in the restaurant makes me laugh every time.

My youngest daughter loved "Pigs at Christmas", her favourite Christmas book (our family is obsessed with books so the girls grew up loving them too). The traditional lemon shortbread cookies have always had to include Christmas pigs since she first read the book. I love memories like this, they make me all warm and fuzzy inside. I make them with hubby now.

View attachment 778690
My wife's favorite part of Kranks is the honey ham.....

Reactions: caz16

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

BTW, Charlie McAvoy has been involved in several community events of late. Our next captain is taking the torch.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

View attachment 778690

1701898194660.png

Reactions: caz16

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad