Colton - Point - Kuch

Stamkos - Cirelli - Hagel

Killorn - Paul - Namestnikov

Maroon - Bellemare - Perry

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
We will be fine in the regular season and clinch a spot.

Just not sure a forward group consisting of;

Hagel - Cirelli - Perry
Killorn - Paul - Colton
Maroon - PEB - Names

Outside our top line can get it done. Nothing screams good offensively there bar Killorn maybe reviving previous runs. It's all depth/bottom 6 material.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Wish we could have gotten Perron at that price and term. Idk if he wanted to come here, but come on! That would have been a great signing!!!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We will be fine in the regular season and clinch a spot.

Just not sure a forward group consisting of;

Hagel - Cirelli - Perry
Killorn - Paul - Colton
Maroon - PEB - Names

Outside our top line can get it done. Nothing screams good offensively there bar Killorn maybe reviving previous runs. It's all depth/bottom 6 material.
I don't know. A lot of teams got better. I think chances are good we make the playoffs, but we're not a lock anymore, and we are a couple of injuries away from fighting for our lives.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
I don't know. A lot of teams got better. I think chances are good we make the playoffs, but we're not a lock anymore, and we are a couple of injuries away from fighting for our lives.
Yeah I agree. I'm saying, outside of our top line I don't think whats there can get it done. Just not enough pure offense. Just awful in all honesty.

Our defense doesn't look good either. Cole will be decent. Our ride side is abysmal. Cernak and Bogo are fine if healthy which is a question mark. Foote and Myers, like honestly f*** off. f*** right off that's our right side.

Colton has top 6 potential. He needs to be moved up. Give him a shot with the big boys.
I wouldn't go that far. His skating hurts him.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
We basically sacrificed the next two years of the current core (Stamkos, Hedman, even Kuch will age) for a transition to build around the rising cap in 2024 and the next core (Point, Serg, Paul, Cirelli, Cernak).

At best you can say we didn't sacrifice it, but rather no longer prioritized it.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
We basically sacrificed the next two years of the current core (Stamkos, Hedman, even Kuch will age) for a transition to build around the rising cap in 2024 and the next core (Point, Serg, Paul, Cirelli, Cernak).
"The next core" is lacking. Already on par and higher than the current one (yes I get years have gone by). No true goal scorer, no true #1. We really need help in the next 2-3 drafts.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
His former Rangers status doesn't count
I wasn't commenting on his NYR rangers experience... not sure who thinks he could adequately replace someone who was just here from Rangers? I mean Vladdy isn't a D man...

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
"The next core" is lacking. Already on par and higher than the current one (yes I get years have gone by). No true goal scorer, no true #1. We really need help in the next 2-3 drafts.
With no current first round picks in the next two drafts, going to have to be like a magician pulling rabbits out of a hat once again.

Reactions: Stammertime91

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

At best you can say we didn't sacrifice it, but rather no longer prioritized it.
I think I agree, but the next core just isn't as good, and probably not one we want to commit to. At least not like THIS.

The Serg deal is the one that feels... I don't even know what to call it. At the point that he justifies it, he's our best defenseman. And if he's our best defenseman, that means Victor Hedman has significantly declined. And if Victor Hedman significantly declines, how do we have a chance anyway?

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
9 points in 23 playoff games, only one more than cirelli who is taking a beating on this board

*makes fart noise from mouth*
Colton is Cirelli without the defensive IQ. Seriously lol. I don't see Colton as top 6 material. He had streaky moments this season and overall, his skillset is hindered by his skating. Doesn't have the creativity to play with the big 3 either.

Reactions: DMB06

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah I agree. I'm saying, outside of our top line I don't think whats there can get it done. Just not enough pure offense. Just awful in all honesty.

Our defense doesn't look good either. Cole will be decent. Our ride side is abysmal. Cernak and Bogo are fine if healthy which is a question mark. Foote and Myers, like honestly f*** off. f*** right off that's our right side.

I wouldn't go that far. His skating hurts him.
Cernak seems like our only right side guy who's not on the fringe. I've liked what Bogo brings, but that's because he sometimes beats the expectations of being a fringe NHLer. But it doesn't mean he's not a fringe NHLer. He hasn't been a regular for us for a reason.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
With no current first round picks in the next two drafts, going to have to be like a magician pulling rabbits out of a hat once again.
Possible. We just need one from each draft. It's not like each draft gives us a top liner. If we can get a top 4 d (maybe perbix does this soon), two bottom pairing dmen, and a middle six within 3 years would be fantastic. Howard might be that in about 2-3 years time.

Would take some luck though.

Reactions: Crunchrulz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad