GDT: The 2022 NHL Free Agent Frenzy | July 13th, 2022 | 12:00 PM EST

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
That Kubalik deal makes the Namestnikov deal look pretty poor. Would've much rather have him.
Detroit is getting all the players I wanted. Jbb probably just wanted to hand out 1 year deals which significantly hampered any good players coming here.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Detroit probably replaces Boston or makes it difficult in the Atlantic. Can't see us or Toronto missing. Florida may struggle but they should still make it in even losing some pieces.

Not a Kubalik fan but I'm not really a Names fan either so I second the opinion I would've preferred different.

Not sure what Brisebois sees in him.

Detroit bringing in Chiarot is an L. Bringing in Copp, Kubalik and Perron are three terrific signings.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
It was a one year deal or bust for JBB today. There were much better values out there, but he only wanted what one year would give him.

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
he played for played for Blashill until trade deadline this year

possible nothing he's seen is what he wants? so he's hanging out... waiting for other moves to stay here?

🤷‍♀️
His former Rangers status doesn't count due to the length of time it's been since he was in NY. He thus cannot adequately fulfill the absence of former Ranger players Tampa is suddenly without for the first time since MSL said goodbye.

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
It was a one year deal or bust for JBB today. There were much better values out there, but he only wanted what one year would give him.
Which really is surprising. I mean I get not wanting to lock into 4-5 year range but two years is too much? Who does he think is slotting into the open forward positions after this season. We're going to have at least 5 spots coming open, maybe more? Bellamare, Perry, Killorn, Names, Hagel, Colton, etc. I'm sure he'll try to work something out with Hagel and Colton but that still leaves 4 openings with 2 of those currently occupied by guys who took league minimum to sign with us coming off the Cup wins.

If we struggle this year, and certainly we are not Cup favorites this upcoming season, can you still convince serviceable players to come in on 1 year minimum deals? Not going to be as tempting...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad