GDT: The 2022 NHL Free Agent Frenzy | July 13th, 2022 | 12:00 PM EST

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Like why Ruuta...we have Myers 200k less than Ruuta,and we still have some cap, I dont understand why we didnt sign Ruuta?
Yeah it seems strange to grab Myers to not buy him out, and let the Apostle, Jan Rutta, walk. If we had did that, we still would have had about $1.3M or so to shop.

Reactions: Peacefool

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
They must feel like Myers has way more upside than Rutta
1657738039758.png

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Are the Serge, Cirelli and Cernak deals good?
To answer that question we have to see the Twitter posts.
If the other fanbases said things like "Cheaters". "They turned off the salary cap". "Who will be in the LTIR list now?"...it'd mean our deals are really really good.

Reactions: TheSchmidt

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Are the Serge, Cirelli and Cernak deals good?
To answer that question we have to see the Twitter posts.
If the other fanbases said things like "Cheaters". "They turned off the salary cap". "Who will be in the LTIR list now?"...it'd mean our deals are really really good.
Serge over priced, Celery is good enough, Cernak is fair value.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
In all fairness Rutta wasn't a gamebreaker when he came in for Koekkoek but he turned into a solid, serviceable and reliable top 4 dman. I doubt Myers a lot. If we had someone faster than slowFoote to rotate in the top 4, I wouldn't mind it, but we don't. So Foote or Bogo, or Myers, will be displaced on the right side.

Reactions: JTBF81

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Pens fan coming in to scope out the Rutta situation. Is this a guy who you hoped to re-sign? What's his game like? Is there any reason Tampa didn't want to lock him down?

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
So will they put Cernak with Hedman or with Serge?

Guessing it'll be Sergachev since Hedman can carry a Foote/Myers but don't think Sergy can.

Cole will play on the third pairing, but get 17-19 minutes a night, slotting begind the Big 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad