GDT: The 2022 NHL Free Agent Frenzy | July 13th, 2022 | 12:00 PM EST

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
there’s gotta be someone chasing a cup we can still get for cheap
Not unless Killorn is getting traded. I would consider it, get some value for Killorn, and if someone like Stastny or Perron would take a 1 year deal in the 4.5 to 4.75 range, maybe you pull the trigger.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Unless we pop a trade, we literally have less than league min to spend.
If it’s like a mill it should be fine since there is a certain amount of players that count against the cap so abb’s contract wouldn’t count once we sign someone else

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I like the lack of joy in his face.

PcYAz8r.gif

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
still early, but it's been mainly the fringe playoff teams in the east making significant acquisitions and none from the contenders

Carolina lost TDA, Nino, and Trocheck and has only added Burns
Leafs just swapped goalies really
Rags added Trocheck

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Its been fun Rutta.

Exceeded ALL expectations

Feels like teams have been waiting for a lull in Tampa's strength. Now everyone is going for it this year.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Myers 2.55M
Rutta 2.75M

Just got in to see the deals.

What in the f*** man. Seriously. Sergachev at 8.5? What an overpayment. Cirelli over 6? And Names brought back for 2.5?

Our defense is a huge question mark with Myers/Foote playing top 4. I have no clue what Brisebois is doing there. Secondly, our forward group got worse by a good margin and out of all the solutions we could have had - we chose Namestnikov and giving more minutes to Killorn/Hagel/whoever. No goal scorer or playmaker. Awesome.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Myers 2.55M
Rutta 2.75M

Just got in to see the deals.

What in the f*** man. Seriously. Sergachev at 8.5? What an overpayment. Cirelli over 6? And Names brought back for 2.5?

Our defense is a huge question mark with Myers/Foote playing top 4. I have no clue what Brisebois is doing there. Secondly, our forward group got worse by a good margin and out of all the solutions we could have had - we chose Namestnikov and giving more minutes to Killorn/Hagel/whoever. No goal scorer or playmaker. Awesome.
They were only going to sign players to 1 year deals. Cirelli and Cernak deals aren't overpay. Serg prob is.

Reactions: Peacefool

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad