GDT: The 2022 NHL Free Agent Frenzy | July 13th, 2022 | 12:00 PM EST

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Pretty concerned with our scoring depth going forward. Stamkos carried us all year when Point and Kuch were out, but we aren't in position to succeed like that anymore.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
i wonder if we have someone on LTIR other than Seabrook to start the year

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Names - Stamkos - Kuch
Killorn - Point - Paul
Hagel - Cirelli - Colton
Maroon - ABB - Perry

Hedman - Foote
Serg - Cernak
Cole - Myers/Bogo

That look close? Worried about that group going into the playoffs. One of Stamkos, Kuch, Point or Hedman go down and its a wrap.

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
I think this is gonna be a transition year unless there is some huge move made.
Yeah, alright, but I am not seeing this up and coming player we have in the minors that can step into the top 6 in which we will be down at least 2 top 6 spots. That will also be the last year of Hagel's RFA deal.

How in the world did we just commit that much cap space to a small percentage of your overall roster. Especially when management has to realize the secret to Tampa's success was depth. And BriseBois just shipped out a good player because of cap reasons. So next step is throw out max deals that deplete overall depth even more? Not learning anything from this cap crunch grind?

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
we didn't have point this year so the forward group isn't really any worse. defense i'm not as confident in

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Yeah, alright, but I am not seeing this up and coming player we have in the minors that can step into the top 6 in which we will be down at least 2 top 6 spots. That will also be the last year of Hagel's RFA deal.

How in the world did we just commit that much cap space to a small percentage of your overall roster. Especially when management has to realize the secret to Tampa's success was depth. And BriseBois just shipped out a good player because of cap reasons. So next step is throw out max deals that deplete overall depth even more? Not learning anything from this cap crunch grind?
I trust the management. There isn't going to be one move that solves everything. Its gonna take time.

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
Names - Stamkos - Kuch
Killorn - Point - Paul
Hagel - Cirelli - Colton
Maroon - ABB - Perry

Hedman - Foote
Serg - Cernak
Cole - Myers/Bogo

That look close? Worried about that group going into the playoffs. One of Stamkos, Kuch, Point or Hedman go down and its a wrap.

I think PEB is the 4C, Cirelli is the 2C and Stamkos is on the wing again

ABB, Names, Colton, and Hagel hopefully have a fair battle to gets Palat's spot

but considering Vladdy is likely a Cooper favorite, he'll get the spot by default

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I like PEB is the 4C, Cirelli is the 2C and Stamkos is on the wing again

ABB, Names, Colton, and Hagel hopefully have a fair battle to gets Palat's spot

but considering Vladdy is likely a Cooper favorite, he'll get the spot by default
How many times are we gonna saddle Stamkos with Killorn and other non-threats on the second line? Also, he us BY FAR our best faceoff man.

Maybe its time to see if Point can carry a second line.

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
How many times are we gonna saddle Stamkos with Killorn and other non-threats on the second line? Also, he us BY FAR our best faceoff man.

Maybe its time to see if Point can carry a second line.
You're not wrong, but they didn't give Cirelli that deal to be the 3C

Maybe they try Point and Cirelli together and let Stamkos be 1C

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Names - Stamkos - Kuch
Killorn - Point - Paul
Hagel - Cirelli - Colton
Maroon - ABB - Perry

Hedman - Foote
Serg - Cernak
Cole - Myers/Bogo

To me this applies most to Vasy. As long as he’s in net we have a chance. Bolts have gone to the finals without Stammer and without Point

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
So as it sits right now, the cap next year will be 83.5m. we have 10.4m to sign Colton, Foote, and a bunch of AHL guys. assuming guys like Ryfors, Fortier, Koepke, and Perbix take 900k on their next deals, it would leave 3m to bring in a forward and depth dman.
Lines would look something like this:

Hagel-Point-Kuch
Koepke-Cirelli-Stamkos
Colton-Paul-Fortier
Maroon-Ryfors-X

Hedman-Foote
Sergy-Cernak
X-Perbix/Bogo

Vasy
Alnefelt
Yeah, that is not a Cup contending group. Many holes in the F group and Foote is not a top pairing caliber dman, at all.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Does it feel like JBB is willing to jeopardize the next two years (our current window) to retool a new core window starting with a higher cap in 2024?

Seems like he's done going all-in with this current generation (Stamkos, Hedman and Kuch) and looking more towards building around a higher salary cap in 2024 with the next generation core of Point, Serg, Cirelli, Paul, Cernak.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Does it feel like JBB is willing to jeopardize the next two years (our current window) to retool a new core window starting with a higher cap in 2024?

Seems like he's done going all-in with this current generation (Stamkos, Hedman and Kuch) and looking more towards building around a higher salary cap in 2024 with the next generation core of Point, Serg, Cirelli, Paul, Cernak.
Kuch and Vasy will be with us.
I bet Stammer will sign a friendly deal to end his career with us.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
We were always going to take a hit. I'm not sure what sort of magic moves we could've done that wouldn't have made the team worse at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad