Prospect Info: The 2015 NHL Draft Thread VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostofKenKlee

Yea Provorov fits in pretty well with the Devils and he will be in the NHL next year. It makes both Gelinas and Merrill expendable as well. So the Devils still could acquire forward talent from those two as well. And the 2 second round picks would help in that scenario as well(in getting forward talent).

Greene-Larsson
Provorov-Severson

I'm on the Ivan or Noah bandwagon at this point.

Andre Palot

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
If we don't take a forward I'm burning down the arena.

If Hanifin, whose player comparibles is Seabrook and Doughty AND both one of Strome/Marner isn't on the board then I have no problem taking Noah. BPA. We shouldn't compromise that because we have a positional need. His upside is supposed to be a 20 goal scorer anyway so it's not like he wouldn't pot anything in the net.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If Hanifin, whose player comparibles is Seabrook and Doughty AND both one of Strome/Marner isn't on the board then I have no problem taking Noah. BPA. We shouldn't compromise that because we have a positional need. His upside is supposed to be a 20 goal scorer anyway so it's not like he wouldn't pot anything in the net.

But you would pass on Ivan who is being touted as on Hanafin's level?

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Provorov is better than Werenski.

Maybe at the moment, which I don't think is even fair to say since NCAA is a much harder league for young defensemen. But projecting defensemen is always trickier than forward. It's less surprising when someone like Josi outperforms two top-5 picks in the same draft year than it is when that happens with forwards. You think LA wishes they would have taken the "risky" pick in Erik Karlsson over Colton Teubert's steady, physical, two-way game?

No question.

lol ok, like there was no question Luke Schenn deserved to be a top-5 pick.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
One, thanks for reading! Two, on Barzal, if you asked most people in the industry in August, they would have put Barzal (and some even Konecny) in the same discussion with Marner and Strome. Barzal got hurt, while Marner/Strome had incredible seasons. If Barzal had stayed healthy, played in major events like the Super Series and Top Prospects Game, and played all year like he did the past few months, I think he'd be in a clear top 5 discussion. The risk is higher on him but there's a very good argument he's close to Strome talent-wise.

This is from Pronman

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Maybe at the moment, which I don't think is even fair to say since NCAA is a much harder league for young defensemen. But projecting defensemen is always trickier than forward. It's less surprising when someone like Josi outperforms two top-5 picks in the same draft year than it is when that happens with forwards. You think LA wishes they would have taken the "risky" pick in Erik Karlsson over Colton Teubert's steady, physical, two-way game?

lol ok, like there was no question Luke Schenn deserved to be a top-5 pick.

Provorov is not a defensive d-man though. He's good defensively and offensively and he plays a major role on a Brandon team that has a good chance to play in the memorial cup.

He's not like Luke Schenn or Colten Teubert.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
there's real questionable defense in every junior video they are all pretty young. Look up McDavid/Marner/Strome's highlights you'll see questionable defense there too.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
there's real questionable defense in every junior video they are all pretty young. Look up McDavid/Marner/Strome's highlights you'll see questionable defense there too.

Aha I know that... just pointing it out is all

I couldn't care less if Provorov or Hanifin are there to be honest, I feel confident enough in either Barzal or Rantanen to say they are worth picking no matter if the former two are still around. If there's an opportunity to trade back 1 or two spots then consider it but other than that keep the pick. I have a gut feeling we'll find ourselves in that position, but keep the pick and then this board will explode as to why Shero didn't trade back as if they were right there next to him listening to the offers being made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad