Prospect Info: The 2015 NHL Draft Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Philly will most likely take Provorov if he's still there.
If not, they prob take Barzal, Zacha or Rantenan

I agree.

If the first five are McDavid Eichel Marner Strome Crouse then we are in a great spot. The next 2 guys are the Dman. Columbus will want to move up hopefully and get one of the Dman and the Flyers will likely takes whats left. So we get something extra and still pick from the same 3 forwards.

If Hanifin goes in the top 5 i think Columbus still wants to jump up to grab Provorov and i think the Flyers go Crouse again leaving us with the same 2 forwards we had at 6.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
If Lumbus wants out 6th I take their 8th plus a second THIS year and move two of our seconds for an early to mid twenties pick and take Sprong. That way we get Zacha, Barzal, Rantanen (preferably Barzal) to go along with Sprong and possibly Rasmus Anderssen in the 2nd. That would be an incredible first two rounds.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
don;'t know why people are convinced Philly is taking a dman. They've drafted Ghost, Hagg, Morin, and Sanheim recently I fully expect the to go wing picking either Crouse or Rantannen. Both with size and can play soon on the top line with Giroux and Vorchek.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
If Lumbus wants out 6th I take their 8th plus a second THIS year and move two of our seconds for an early to mid twenties pick and take Sprong. That way we get Zacha, Barzal, Rantanen (preferably Barzal) to go along with Sprong and possibly Rasmus Anderssen in the 2nd. That would be an incredible first two rounds.

Or, trade down to 8th, take CBj's 2nd and draft 3 forwards in the 2nd round.
Including Yan, Nikita Korostelev, Bracco. Hintz.

Plus Sprong should still be available at 36 since many scouts have labeled him as a one-dimensional forward.

I'm still not comfortable trading down to 8th and letting Philly pick a forward such as Barzal or Zacha that will burn us for many seasons.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

Plus Sprong should still be available at 36 since many scouts have labeled him as a one-dimensional forward.

I'm still not comfortable trading down to 8th and letting Philly pick a forward such as Barzal or Zacha that will burn us for many seasons.

If we trade down, I want it to be worth it.

6th + Gelinas + for 8th + Dano

Or

6th + Gelinas for 8th + Atkinson

I would do one of those, but otherwise, I would keep the pick. Not Atkinson in particular but something like that.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Or that, point is Sprong lol

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
don;'t know why people are convinced Philly is taking a dman. They've drafted Ghost, Hagg, Morin, and Sanheim recently I fully expect the to go wing picking either Crouse or Rantannen. Both with size and can play soon on the top line with Giroux and Vorchek.

I think its because what will be there is better then what they have currently. But Im also not up to date on how good those prospects are.

I believe Hanifin will go in the top 5. I believe the top 5 will be McDavid, Eichel, Hanifin, Strome and Marner. With Provorov sitting there and even a threat that the Flyers will take Provorov will cause Columbus to move hopefully. But either way if we trade down i think the Flyers would end up taking Crouse with that 7th pick leaving us with extra picks/prospects and still 1 of Barzal, Rantanen, Zacha at 8. Then see whats out there with ur 3 high seconds. Either back into the first or use them in deals whatever u think you can swing.

They are going to get a good player. It really doesnt matter. If the top 5 go as expected and we take one of those 3 guys, lets say Barzal, they still have a choice of Crouse, Rantanen, Zacha, and Provorov. All could burn us in the future. I dont really care what other teams do the Devils need to worry about whats best for the Devils. If thats moving down 2 picks and adding assests then thats fine with me.

If we trade down, I want it to be worth it.

6th + Gelinas + for 8th + Dano

Or

6th + Gelinas for 8th + Atkinson

I would do one of those, but otherwise, I would keep the pick. Not Atkinson in particular but something like that.

Can still move Gelinas and one of the 2nd for a player of value to the team right away or Merrill and a 2nd. Then still have 2 picks left in the second round.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I'd like to draft the BPA at 6th or 8th and also be able to have (3) 2nd round picks to select skilled/scoring forwards.

The reason 3 is that you hope all are home runs but the chances are that 1 of the 3 will never see the NHL.

We need to acquire picks for this deep draft and hopefully w/o having to deal away Gelinas to do so.

GhostofKenKlee

I'd like to draft the BPA at 6th or 8th and also be able to have (3) 2nd round picks to select skilled/scoring forwards.

The reason 3 is that you hope all are home runs but the chances are that 1 of the 3 will never see the NHL.

We need to acquire picks for this deep draft and hopefully w/o having to deal away Gelinas to do so.

Yes, fall back if you can still grab whom you want.

Trade the 6th. for a 2nd. and 8th.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
For that Dano trade I mentioned, if Provorov is on the board and the Blue Jackets want him bad, you might be able to use that value between the two picks to pick up Dano. Moving up two picks alone shouldn't cost you Dano.

However, moving up two picks and adding Gelinas might make them think a bit. The Devils could get a young stud forward in Dano, who is very like Parise in the way he plays, plus still pick Barzal or Zacha.

GhostofKenKlee

Yes grab three 2nd. rounders, combo two of them and git another 1st. rounder in the 20's grab meir or colin white..

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
For that Dano trade I mentioned, if Provorov is on the board and the Blue Jackets want him bad, you might be able to use that value between the two picks to pick up Dano. Moving up two picks alone shouldn't cost you Dano.

However, moving up two picks and adding Gelinas might make them think a bit. The Devils could get a young stud forward in Dano, who is very like Parise in the way he plays, plus still pick Barzal or Zacha.

Why would Columbus give up a prospect that is progressing significantly to get another pick that may not progress as well?

GhostofKenKlee

Why would Columbus give up a prospect that is progressing significantly to get another pick that may not progress as well?

Adding Gelinas will soften the blow in his scenario.

I think the most they will pay is a 2nd. rounder to move up a few spots.

Devils820

Feb 19, 2014
NJ
I'd trade 6th OA + Gelinas and a 3rd, maybe even the Fla 2nd for 8th OA and Milano or Dano

Columbus takes a defenseman at 6, Philly will take a LW (Crouse or Zacha), We still get Barzal at 8, plus a great forward prospect. I don't see Gelinas working out long term. Trade him while he has value

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
I'd trade 6th OA + Gelinas and a 3rd, maybe even the Fla 2nd for 8th OA and Milano or Dano

Columbus takes a defenseman at 6, Philly will take a LW (Crouse or Zacha), We still get Barzal at 8, plus a great forward prospect. I don't see Gelinas working out long term. Trade him while he has value

If Columbus knows we will take Barzal at 6 or 8 and Phili is taking a forward, why would they trade up to get a defenseman?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
If Columbus knows we will take Barzal at 6 or 8 and Phili is taking a forward, why would they trade up to get a defenseman?

It'd depend on whether they have a particular preference between Provorov and Werenski. We could offer #6 to San Jose for #9 and #39 who could conceivably be interested in Provorov. Then you could ask Columbus whether they would match the offer. They might (understandably) decline, but they might have Provorov ranked in a different tier than Werenski.

In 2007, Jarmo Kekelainen (current Columbus GM) badly wanted to draft Jakub Voracek for St. Louis. The Blues offered up #9 and #24 to the teams picking in front of them, but nobody took the bait.

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
It'd depend on whether they have a particular preference between Provorov and Werenski. We could offer #6 to San Jose for #9 and #39 who could conceivably be interested in Provorov. Then you could ask Columbus whether they would match the offer. They might (understandably) decline, but they might have Provorov ranked in a different tier than Werenski.

In 2007, Jarmo Kekelainen (current Columbus GM) badly wanted to draft Jakub Voracek for St. Louis. The Blues offered up #9 and #24 to the teams picking in front of them, but nobody took the bait.

So if CBJ wants Provorov AND San Jose offers 9 and 39 you think we can get 8 and 34?

I would do this because CBJ takes Provorov and Phili takes Werenski, Zacha, or Barzal leaving us with Zacha and/or Barzal and another second round pick.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
So if CBJ wants Provorov AND San Jose offers 9 and 39 you think we can get 8 and 34?

I would do this because CBJ takes Provorov and Phili takes Werenski, Zacha, or Barzal leaving us with Zacha and/or Barzal and another second round pick.

8+38 seems like a reasonable ask if 9+39 was being offered. It could be argued that we'd get the same guys at 8+38 as we would 9+39. This might be thinking too hard, but maybe we'd have a preference to making this deal with a Western Conference team rather than enabling a division opponent to get their intended target.

I feel like Philly would take Crouse over Werenski; Crouse fills a need at LW and fits the Hextall/Lombardi mold of size/skill/character and Philly has quite a few LHD prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad