Pre-Game Talk: The 2013-2014 Training Camp/Preseason Discussion Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
See, now Lundberg is a great meme for this conversation, but c'mon - ya GOTTA find a shot where you can see that he's wearing both belt and suspenders. :)

Stepan's eventual deal: $3.00-3.25 x 2 (i.e. what RangerBoy said). Is it just me or isn't that obvious?

maybe 3.4 at the MAX, but I don't see sather leaving such few dollars against the cap available. just me.

tail7711*

Gag line, every time someone says something about Stepan you bring up his playoff numbers. He lead a very Defensive Ranger team in goals last year in the playoffs. What hasn't he done in his three years for you to think he is not better than Kadri, Henrique, Hodgson? If Sather was not 87 years old he would do what most GM'S are doing right now and that is tie up these young guys early in there careers o they don't cost us 6 million in two years. Ala Mac.

Sather has been worthless in NY since he got here. What has he done but do what they did in the 80's and that is overpay for UFA'S. We have one cup in 73 years, maybe we should try something different. The offer on the table is 2.5 2.7 million or Stepan right now. That's Sather being a jack... I hope he gets to camp ASAP but not until he gets something fair like 3.2/3.5. To me that's fair and my guess is he will sign it. Sather needs to go!!!!

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Gag line, every time someone says something about Stepan you bring up his playoff numbers. He lead a very Defensive Ranger team in goals last year in the playoffs. What hasn't he done in his three years for you to think he is not better than Kadri, Henrique, Hodgson? If Sather was not 87 years old he would do what most GM'S are doing right now and that is tie up these young guys early in there carriers so they don't cost us 6 million in two years. Ala Mac.

Sather has been worthless in NY since he got here. What has he done but do what they did in the 80's and that is overpay for UFA'S. We have one cup in 73 years, maybe we should try something different. The offer on the table is 2.5 2.7 million or Stepan right now. That's Sather being a jack... I hope he gets to camp ASAP but not until he gets something fair like 3.2/3.5. To me that's fair and my guess is he will sign it. Sather needs to go!!!!

you realize the cap went down 10% right? how do you expect step to be overpaid when we have brad beaver on the team?

bottom step will sign the bridge deal and get his pay day just a few years before UFA... that's where its at.

tail7711*

That does not mean that he should not get what is fair today. Why would he sign for less than Kadri. Again it's not Stepan's fault that Sather is pinned up against the cap. If you want your number 1 center in camp Sather has to figure it out. There is plenty of cap space for 3.2/ 3.5 anyway. But let's not blame Stepan for Sather signing Poiliot, Moore, Johnson before Him.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
But let's not blame Stepan for Sather signing Poiliot, Moore, Johnson before Him.
I can't even...

banned4.jpg

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Gag line, every time someone says something about Stepan you bring up his playoff numbers.

I do? News to me. I usually talk about comparables, Sather's MO, and what Stepan is likely to get. I've said all summer that he wouldn't get more than 2 years. But maybe you're right. You've been around for what, one day?

Of course, you're probably just hiding behind a new account. StepanforMayor? Espohounds? All the same person maybe?

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I do? News to me. I usually talk about comparables, Sather's MO, and what Stepan is likely to get. I've said all summer that he wouldn't get more than 2 years. But maybe you're right. You've been around for what, one day?

Of course, you're probably just hiding behind a new account. StepanforMayor? Espohounds? All the same person maybe?

LOL StepanForMayor. I loved it when someone (I think it was you) called out that all of his threads are Stepan threads and the unrealistic Senators offer sheet speculation is bogus.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
What hasn't he done in his three years for you to think he is not better than Kadri, Henrique, Hodgson?

Where did I say he isn't more proven than all 3 of those players? Look around. Not just here, but on the trade forum too. You won't find me putting any of them ahead of Stepan. Stepan is absolutely more prove than all 3.

That doesn't mean Stepan is going to get a long term contract because Henrique and Hodgson did. You know how much Henrique is getting in the first 2 years of his contract? 5 mil total. Kadri? 5.8 mil. Hodgson is getting 6.5. Hodgson's cap hit is too high for what he has accomplished. He shouldn't have gotten more than Henrique, but Regier didn't learn his lesson with Myers.

The only contract of the three that really matters is Kadri's. Because Kadri got 2.9, Stepan will end up getting a little more than that. At this point, I'm thinking 3.2 per year.

tail7711*

You should be the GM Gags, I am certain that when he signed Drury, Redden, Gaborik, Richards, Gomez and Nash ( who by the way got out scored by the guy who made $875,000 last year) i am sure you were all jacked. He is a awful GM and he needs to go to get this team over the hump. Until he goes they will never win. By the way Stepanformayor is a stupid name.

He has treated the young core so well that Artie, Dubi, Prusty are all gone. They were vital to what this team was all about.

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
Sather didn't sign Nash.

And Dubinsky is/was "vital" to nothing. Whiny overpriced fraud of a twenty goal scorer who never actually scored twenty with a goalie in the net, with a massively inflated sense of what he was worth.

Edit: And Gaborik scored over a hundred goals for this team and had the best years of his career here, so not exactly sure why you'd complain about that.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
You should be the GM Gags, I am certain that when he signed Drury, Redden, Gaborik, Richards, Gomez and Nash ( who by the way got out scored by the guy who made $875,000 last year) i am sure you were all jacked. He is a awful GM and he needs to go to get this team over the hump. Until he goes they will never win. By the way Stepanformayor is a stupid name.

He has treated the young core so well that Artie, Dubi, Prusty are all gone. They were vital to what this team was all about.

You sound like a child who's complaining that the parents don't love you because they're going to a sibling's figure skating finals. Prust at $2.5M? Dubinsky who had his career worst? How else does one acquire Rick Nash without giving away players? Kidnap him from Columbus?

tail7711*

Four of the six are gone and zero Stanley Cups! What a accomplishment. How many high buck free agents has the Hawks added to there lineup over the last four years. Build a team, it takes time to win cups!! Sather did sign Nash. Rick Nash was not very good last year so lets be careful there. Prusty was the heart and soul of that Ranger group. My point is take care of the young players and build this thing from within. You won't buy Stanley cups with the capped NHL. Oh yeah Sweets, Gabby was great here his last year. To my point they were all washed up when they got here. Try something new Glen, this is not working.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
There are about 2 big signings on every team. I guess 25 GMs from the last 6 years or so have to be fired. Glen isn't the second coming of Jesus but he's in no way incompetent.

tail7711*

All but 4 forwards and 2 D-men contracts are up next year. Do you guys really think that Sather knows what he is doing? He couldn't get 4 guys signed this summer how about 17 next summer. He will have to get these guys signed in between sponge baths from his nurses at he funny farm. How can any Ranger fan have any faith in this clown. He will retire this year and let Gorton clean up his mess. Put a tent over that circus next summer and sell tickets.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Cap is going up, this is the only really tight year. Sather isn't doing the majority of negotiations lately anyway. All teams have a hard time signing certain players at certain times..

16 To Stanley*

Four of the six are gone and zero Stanley Cups! What a accomplishment. How many high buck free agents has the Hawks added to there lineup over the last four years. Build a team, it takes time to win cups!! Sather did sign Nash. Rick Nash was not very good last year so lets be careful there. Prusty was the heart and soul of that Ranger group. My point is take care of the young players and build this thing from within. You won't buy Stanley cups with the capped NHL. Oh yeah Sweets, Gabby was great here his last year. To my point they were all washed up when they got here. Try something new Glen, this is not working.

wait wait wait.

First off, Rick Nash was acquired in a trade. Second off, Rick Nash was not very good?

What is very good to you?

He was 10th in the NHL in goals. He was on pace for a 40+ goal season and an 80+ point season.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Oh boy this will be fun!

Four of the six are gone and zero Stanley Cups! What a accomplishment,
Dru was bad his last year after he had completely deteriorated. before that year he was our heart and soul. Gomez turned into McDonagh. are you really mad at Slats for that? Gaborik scored 100+ goals in 3 years i dont even know how you are attacking this signing :shakehead. Richards carried got us the closest we have been to a cup literally since Wayne Gretzky was on the team. Redden was a disaster, i will give you that. Nash wasnt a signing...

How many high buck free agents has the Hawks added to there lineup over the last four years. Build a team, it takes time to win cups!!
Marian Hossa is a pretty big part of that team. Rozi was a free agent signign. im going to ignore the free agent part of your comment because you insist on *****ing about Nash. Patrick Sharp was a flyer. hawks got Oduya from the jets. Nick Leddy came from the wild. Handzus form the Sharks.

Sather did sign Nash.
picard.jpg

Rick Nash was not very good last year so lets be careful there.
Nash outproduced Dubi and Arty combined. Nash led the team in PPG. Nash led the team in goals. Nash was 27th in the league in points. Nash was 10th in the league in goals. Nash was 20th in +/-. Nash was very good last year.

Prusty was the heart and soul of that Ranger group.

nope, Callahan was. Cally also has skill and scored 29 goals in our year of bountiful offense courtesy of dubi and prust (incase you didnt pick up on it, :sarcasm:). 2.5 for just heart, soul and being a good locker room guy? really?

My point is take care of the young players and build this thing from within.

and how hasnt Sather taken care of young players? Lundqvist, Cally, Staal, Girardi, Del Zotto, Stepan and Hagelin. thats a pretty strong group of guys who have been rangers since day 1. looks like this team has built pretty damn well from within considering where they usually pick.

You won't buy Stanley cups with the capped NHL. Oh yeah Sweets, Gabby was great here his last year. To my point they were all washed up when they got here. Try something new Glen, this is not working.

100+ goals in 3 year = washed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad