The “Wow He’s Still in the League?” Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
It's weird, they gave Gallagher that enormous contract, after he had already steeply declined due to injury.

And that at the same time they didn't commit to Danault.
Huh? He signed after putting up 22 goals and 43 points in 59 games, basically a 30 goal, 60 point pace.

It was obvious at the time that it would age poorly, probably starting pretty quickly, but the decline hadn't really started just yet.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm shocked Zherdev isn't in the KHL. Surely, even one of the garbage teams could use him? Unless he REALLY wants to live in Italy :laugh:

He even got his name on the cup with the Blues in 2019

(Only played 7 games with them; zero in the playoffs)

I feel like I was watching him in the WJC + Memorial Cup like yesterday.
I mean for me it feels like a lifetime ago. He's two years older than me so he's been a Duck for the entirety of my adult life so far (and part of my teen years)

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Tomas Plekanec still playing out in the Czech league, looks to be pretty much done though now.

He retired in late October, aged 40.

He won two Stanley Cups...odd that you're a big enough NHL fan to be here and don't know who he is.

He wasn't a "black ace" or a passenger for those cups, either. He was a key contributor.

Granted that was 10 and 12 years ago...

Trevor Lewis assisted on the 2014 overtime Cup-winning goal by Alec Martinez.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Before I opened this thread I really didn’t know Curtis Lazar was still around. I do forget James Reimer is still around.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Anyone say Jeff Skinner yet?

coming up on 1000 games with not a single playoff appearance.

Dudes also a career -134 lol, obviously not the best stat but thought it was funny

Reactions: HofT

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Nick Cousins. He probably has a lot of NHL time left in him. But I am constantly surprised to see him pop up when he does. Same team and era for me as Bellamare, who was old when he STARTED playing in the NHL (at age 29!!) that guy has been an absolute wonder, and Jordan Weal, who is a KHL star now.

Pierre Edouard Bellemare! Bellemare signed his first North American contract as a 29-year old free agent with the Philadelphia Flyers, agreeing to a one-year, two-way contract on 11 June 2014. Has played with Philly, Vegas, Colorado, Tampa and Seattle, and while he has had some playoff success, has managed to miss out on the Cups that many of his teammates have won in the last few years.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad