The “Wow He’s Still in the League?” Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WingsFan95

Mar 22, 2008
Kanata
Jeff Carter
About to turn 39. And he's on Pittsburgh maybe thinking a 3rd ring? Yeah good pick.

All I did was look at active games played I saw Eric Staal's name where I figured he'd retire after last season but he didn't and.....he didn't come back to the Panthers or they didn't want him? Why the hell not? He SHOULD still be playing.

Meanwhile Ryan Suter is on Dallas with 6 points......

I've been keeping an eye on Perry and Kessel and it seems Kessel is in the same boat as Staal which again boggles me unless their are contract disputes or limited locations they want to go to.

Jordan Staal meanwhile, freaking hell I know he ain't too old but it still amazes me he has maintained such a long career as basically a 3-4th perennial pitch in player. Must be a great teammate.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
About to turn 39. And he's on Pittsburgh maybe thinking a 3rd ring? Yeah good pick.

All I did was look at active games played I saw Eric Staal's name where I figured he'd retire after last season but he didn't and.....he didn't come back to the Panthers or they didn't want him? Why the hell not? He SHOULD still be playing.

Meanwhile Ryan Suter is on Dallas with 6 points......

I've been keeping an eye on Perry and Kessel and it seems Kessel is in the same boat as Staal which again boggles me unless their are contract disputes or limited locations they want to go to.

Jordan Staal meanwhile, freaking hell I know he ain't too old but it still amazes me he has maintained such a long career as basically a 3-4th perennial pitch in player. Must be a great teammate.

Why are you surprised that Jordan Staal's had such a long career? He's a great 3rd line centre who can chip in 40 points, play tough minutes and win a ton of face offs.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Kyle Clifford is only 32 years old. How the hell did he make the NHL at 20
Kings needed a 4th liner with some life in their legs. Clifford had just gone a PPG with over 100 pims in the OHL. Was a good fit

Maybe I’m misremembering though

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
He won two Stanley Cups...odd that you're a big enough NHL fan to be here and don't know who he is.

He wasn't a "black ace" or a passenger for those cups, either. He was a key contributor.

Granted that was 10 and 12 years ago...

Just wasn’t as into those finals or teams, and with kinda a generic name.. it’s not a slight against him, I struggle with Craig Smith, Ryan Johnson, etc.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kyle Clifford is only 32 years old. How the hell did he make the NHL at 20

Kings needed a 4th liner with some life in their legs. Clifford had just gone a PPG with over 100 pims in the OHL. Was a good fit

Maybe I’m misremembering though

Yes and to add, they were blown away in his interviews, just a big ass farm kid already an adult at 18, so he was able to handle the rigors and play immediately, and not just handle it, but play fearlessly and know his role

he walked in and started fighting heavies like Biz and Brookbank immediately

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Goligoski is still around apparently, almost scored against the Canucks today. He's logged less than 10 minutes in some games though, retirement soon probably.

Reactions: Sports2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad