Post-Game Talk: That's a "wrap" Reino wins it in OT as Panthers take 3-0 series lead

Do you believe?

• Yes

Votes: 47 87.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
It’s funny how much is thought that the Panthers mainly thrive on the other teams mistakes. While to some degree I agree but we are a very good 5on5 team and can set a play as good as any team.

Also kudus to Bob who has seen his share of critical comments on this board. He is in a zone that is hard to penetrate but we must be more offensive as we can be and not rely on Bob.

It's funny how it's only because teams make mistakes Panthers are winning. Nothing to do with the fact there pressuring teams to make those mistakes

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Jeez. How grating is his personality? I don't get it

It's a long story.

We call it Rangeritis. It's basically where you don't play real hockey, look like shit every night, and make most players you acquire worse, but you have enough high end talent to score 3 goals for your elite goaltender and make the playoffs.

It's not Gallant's fault but he didn't fix it. The Rangers have had a long line of nice guy coaches. They need a Torts or a Sutter to bleach out the bad habits.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Looking forward to a lot of scrums tommorrow as Leaf’s try to go physical. Bring it on Leafs…..

Reactions: 5 Hole

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
It's a long story.

We call it Rangeritis. It's basically where you don't play real hockey, look like shit every night, and make most players you acquire worse, but you have enough high end talent to score 3 goals for your elite goaltender and make the playoffs.

It's not Gallant's fault but he didn't fix it. The Rangers have had a long line of nice guy coaches. They need a Torts or a Sutter to bleach out the bad habits.
Fair. But at some point, you have to look at him too. Yes he gets good to great results every place he has coached. But he can't last 3 years even?

Florida 14-15 team improved, 15-16 playoffs, 16-17 less than 2 months fired (this was kind of not his fault, but it tracks)

Vegas- expansion year cup finalist. Then a first round exit. Then fired half way through

Now the Rangers. ECF, Then first round exit, then immediately gone.

It's just very peculiar.

And I bet my bottom dollar Q goes to the Rangers

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Fair. But at some point, you have to look at him too. Yes he gets good to great results every place he has coached. But he can't last 3 years even?

Florida 14-15 team improved, 15-16 playoffs, 16-17 less than 2 months fired (this was kind of not his fault, but it tracks)

Vegas- expansion year cup finalist. Then a first round exit. Then fired half way through

Now the Rangers. ECF, Then first round exit, then immediately gone.

It's just very peculiar.
Beyond the issues with the Rangers, he does have a huge reputation for not getting along with the front office.

Last summer and deadline, the Rangers got hitting and toughness. This deadline, they got Tarasenko and Kane.

Don't know which one was which, but very clearly Gallant front office, Drury front office.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Beyond the issues with the Rangers, he does have a huge reputation for not getting along with the front office.

Last summer and deadline, the Rangers got hitting and toughness. This deadline, they got Tarasenko and Kane.

Don't know which one was which, but very clearly Gallant front office, Drury front office.
He kind of had a point though. Reeves is probably a Gallant player but he isn't very functional. Gallant tends to be infatuated with those.

But Kane and Tank just brought on more cooks to a kitchen with several chefs already

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He kind of had a point though. Reeves is probably a Gallant player but he isn't very functional. Gallant tends to be infatuated with those.

But Kane and Tank just brought on more cooks to a kitchen with several chefs already
You're exactly right. Would be nice to settle on a middle ground and that's the thing Gallant seems unwilling to do.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I’m sorry but the way Gallant keeps getting fired is preposterous at this point. He does well with all his teams. I think managers are just being way too trigger happy with him and it’s not right - he deserved at least one more year in New York.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Leafs bus on the Sawgrass on the way to their hotel.

IMG_2797.jpeg

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
BTW, if anyone thinks the Leafs won’t make adjustments and won’t give it their all, that’s a mistake. As tough as game 2 was to hang onto and pull off (thanks Bob), I expect game 3 to be harder.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
BTW, if anyone thinks the Leafs won’t make adjustments and won’t give it their all, that’s a mistake. As tough as game 2 was to hang onto and pull off (thanks Bob), I expect game 3 to be harder.
Team was dragging ass after playing all thos3 games. The two day rest will help. Leafs had that extra time off after the Tampa series so they were more rested and it showed.

I just want the Panthers to come out skating hard right from the initial faceoff. No let down.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
I’m sorry but the way Gallant keeps getting fired is preposterous at this point. He does well with all his teams. I think managers are just being way too trigger happy with him and it’s not right - he deserved at least one more year in New York.

totally agree.

but i think it points to an underlying issue in a team's success that a coach has very little control over - the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad