Post-Game Talk: That's a "wrap" Reino wins it in OT as Panthers take 3-0 series lead

Do you believe?

• Yes

Votes: 47 87.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
If you guys think some t-shirt is going to jinx this team you have not been paying attention.

These guys thrive in the pressure cooker and when playing with house money. They're a relaxed team in the best of ways. I have no concerns about tonight as well. The Leafs have shown us exactly who they are and they're a team that can't get it done. They'll be gripping their sticks harder than Baby Huey trying to do a pull up. The series ends tonight with a blowout.

Also, you can blame me for the t-shirts:

We all should be concerned that the Shitter Staals will be on the ice for over 20 minutes TOI tonight!

Last edited:

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Get a load of this salty bitch Sam McKee on Sportsnet. Condensed look at why nobody likes Leafs fans.

I saw this clip right after the game and I was like this guy is really going through some things in his head, he can not compute in his head that the Leafs just plainly lost and he was just lashing out to Florida, fans and the team, he is hurting.

Reactions: Vilam

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Tell him I said to kiss my ass!!

I’m sure he’s fine to hang out with, but we’d have to discuss this rubbish.
Tell him, Florida fans hate whiny bitches🤣😂

I’ll admit the thought crossed my mind of which of Carolina or New Jersey would be a better matchup for us if we advanced. But with the way our playoffs have gone, you might as well throw that all out the window. There isn’t any easy matchups left in these playoffs.

Almost everyone was preparing for our funeral against Boston before the season was even over, and then when we survived that series, most had Toronto making short work of us. The Panthers have proven all of them wrong thus far.

And you know what, I absolutely love that about this team. Keep proving the doubters wrong. Even if it’s me.
Carolina gets all my respect and attention.

Reactions: Great8Cam

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
What happen my dude If I may ask?

Hoping for a speedy recovery

Yeah, dont like it

I am in Parkwood hospital in London, Ontario. Basically doing a boot camp to learn how to walk again. I have multiple sclerosis, diagnosed almost 10 years ago.
I knew this day was coming, but I just didn't think it would be in the middle of the panthers playoff run. I guess I never really thought there would be a playoff run to begin with!
Not sure how many of you have taught yourself how to walk again, but it's tough. This isn't going to be easy, But will be so worth it!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and support. You have no idea how Much this means to me!

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I think
I am in Parkwood hospital in London, Ontario. Basically doing a boot camp to learn how to walk again. I have multiple sclerosis, diagnosed almost 10 years ago.
I knew this day was coming, but I just didn't think it would be in the middle of the panthers playoff run. I guess I never really thought there would be a playoff run to begin with!
Not sure how many of you have taught yourself how to walk again, but it's tough. This isn't going to be easy, But will be so worth it!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and support. You have no idea how Much this means to me!

I know I’m just a random person on a message board, but I do sincerely wish you the best and hope all goes well

• Love
Reactions: Prominence Problem

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
NHL.com also has a brief article where Mark Recchi talks about being on the losing side of that Bruins-Flyers series. And how the team down 0-3 suddenly has nothing to lose because nobody’s expecting them to win anymore and now all the pressure is on the 3-0 team.

I agree in general but not really in this instance because the Panthers still don’t have anything to lose. They made the playoffs on a bit of a miracle, beat the bruins out in a humongous miracle, are leading on a miracle… just keep it going as long as you can. I don’t think in this series the pressure would suddenly shift from the Leafs to the Cats. No, that’s the part of playing in Toronto, pressure is always there. Pressure to win, pressure not to lose, pressure not to get swept, pressure not to lose to certain teams especially… list goes on.

i hear you. i guess i'm suggesting we are at the point where the odds are suddenly really in our favor and where, as a human being, you would be excused for beginning to believe this team really had a shot at a cup. that's something to lose.

meanwhile, nobody expects TOR to do anything but be swept right now.

all that said, i haven't really been getting the "loose and nothing to lose" vibe from the TOR snippets i've heard.

idk, this one could go a number of different ways. i don't really expect the leafs to quit but i suppose that is a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad