Olympics: Team USA 2022

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Ryan Hartman on the 2022 team would be the worst choice of an US Olympic forward. He has zero business
on any list.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Joe Pavelski is going on 38 and isn't producing like last year. No way that guy should be selected.

Center corp under consideration should be Matthews,
Larkin, Miller, Nelson, Zegras, Trocheck and Copp.

Pavelski is to slow, no way you want this guy on the ice
against Canada. He is #8 of C on my list, in other
words barely B Team.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Tourny is on NHL sized ice I believe.

You're right and though Hanifin has improved his play
this year, he isn't moving past any of Werenski, Slavin, McDonagh or even a RD like Petry or another LD like Fowler. Injuries on the LD to Werenski and Slavin is his only chance.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Joe Pavelski is going on 38 and isn't producing like last year. No way that guy should be selected.

Center corp under consideration should be Matthews,
Larkin, Miller, Nelson, Zegras, Trocheck and Copp.

Pavelski is to slow, no way you want this guy on the ice
against Canada. He is #8 of C on my list, in other
words barely B Team.

He also did this tonight to Kuraly

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
It is hard to understand Jim Nill's mindset when it comes to goalies. If Oettinger had been number one from the start of the season, as he should have, he would be in consideration. Situation with Bishop also sounds sketchy.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It is hard to understand Jim Nill's mindset when it comes to goalies. If Oettinger had been number one from the start of the season, as he should have, he would be in consideration. Situation with Bishop also sounds sketchy.

The best explanation i can come up with is that the management was hoping Khudobin would return to form and Oettinger wouldn't be hurt by an extra year in the AHL . Turns out Khudobin is even worse now while Oettinger improved. Bishop i don't think was ever in the plans to play this year. Otherwise they wouldn't have signed Holtby as insurance

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
OK lets give this a shot

Guentzel---Matthews---Kane

M Tkachuk---Eichel---Gaudreau

Conners---Larkin---Terry

Kreider---JT Miller---Wheeler

since there are no C on wing,,,, i took Trocheck and Pavelski for the C depth and skills
. Injury list has Debrincat,,Robertson,,Tkachuk,,Patchs,,,Hayes,,,Coyle,,,Rust,,,Copp,,,Stastny

Slavin---Carlson

McDonagh---Fox

Werenski---_________?

Petry

Press box_________?

RHS 3rd pair D plus press box guy =s 2 of these,,,,,, in no order ,,,,McAvoy,,,Jones,,,Hughes,,,Suter,,,Trouba

Helly
Gibson
Campbell

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017
OK lets give this a shot

Guentzel---Matthews---Kane

M Tkachuk---Eichel---Gaudreau

Conners---Larkin---Terry

Kreider---JT Miller---Wheeler

since there are no C on wing,,,, i took Trocheck and Pavelski for the C depth and skills
. Injury list has Debrincat,,Robertson,,Tkachuk,,Patchs,,,Hayes,,,Coyle,,,Rust,,,Copp,,,Stastny

Slavin---Carlson

McDonagh---Fox

Werenski---_________?

Petry

Press box_________?

RHS 3rd pair D plus press box guy =s 2 of these,,,,,, in no order ,,,,McAvoy,,,Jones,,,Hughes,,,Suter,,,Trouba

Helly
Gibson
Campbell
I love Wheeler, but he's been regressing the last couple years to where this year he's been legitimately not good. He doesn't have the legs to play defense at all any more, and his offensive production has fallen heavily as well.

The US is so deep at LW I think if I were GM I would flip Tkachuk to the right wing which he can play well, and bring in Jason Robertson (or Debrincat) on the left. Robertson particularly has been legitimately outstanding this year in both ends.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

NAD24

Dec 11, 2020
Would not surprise me to see J.Hughes on the list. The kid can absolutely play & his game will only be better with better players. Would love to see him with B.Tkachuck and Kane/Debrincat. Think it would be a real shame if they don't bring him over. Know he's young and coming off an injury but if hes playing well by the end of the month he is more impactful than a few of the other options in my opinion.

HaveKnifeWillButcher

Apr 23, 2018
Would not surprise me to see J.Hughes on the list. The kid can absolutely play & his game will only be better with better players. Would love to see him with B.Tkachuck and Kane/Debrincat. Think it would be a real shame if they don't bring him over. Know he's young and coming off an injury but if hes playing well by the end of the month he is more impactful than a few of the other options in my opinion.
The stats probably don't support it and I'll look like an idiot but he has to be one of the best in the league in controlled zone entries.

Reactions: NAD24

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017
The stats probably don't support it and I'll look like an idiot but he has to be one of the best in the league in controlled zone entries.
No, they do. He carries the puck into the zone more than anyone else in the league iirc.

Missing so much time with injury will make it harder, but I think he can still play his way onto the roster. The fact that he's been so good defensively over the last year might help him, as that's something the coaches and GM will likely want in a 4th line role.

Reactions: NAD24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad