Olympics: Team USA 2022

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
This just struck me as I was redoing my alignements for Russia and USA, but is there a chance Troy Terry wasn’t named to the long list? I was going to include him but seeing that he didn’t have a point until October 18th and the long list was due October 15th, I would have a hard time believing he would have been included based off his season last year…. I understand the anti-doping controls but the long list is counter-productive for this reason

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
you have a roster projection OG? Happy thanksgiving btw :DD

Thanks! Here's my current team (25 man roster):

Goaltenders (x3):

John Gibson-starter
Connor Hellebucyk-backup
Jack Campbell-#3

Defense (x8):

Adam Fox/John Carlson
Ryan McDonagh/Quinn Hughes
Charlie McAvoy/Zach Werenski
Jaccob Slavin/Seth Jones

Forwards (x14):

Johnny Gaudreau-Auston Matthews-Matt Tkachuk
Kyle Connor-J.T. Miller-Brady Tkachuk
Alex DeBrincat-Brock Nelson-Patrick Kane
Chris Krieder-Dylan Larkin-Conor Garland
Extras: Troy Terry and Jake Guentzel

Last edited:

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Probably Jack Hughes, Brock Boeser, and Jeff Petry.

Tbh - over the years I can’t follow the league as much as I would have liked to, especially living in Italy. I don’t love our center’s. Like at all.

were there any prospects who should have filled these gaps? Maybe Keller comes to mind?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Tbh - over the years I can’t follow the league as much as I would have liked to, especially living in Italy. I don’t love our center’s. Like at all.

were there any prospects who should have filled these gaps? Maybe Keller comes to mind?

Eichel likely being out is a bummer and we don't compare to Canada but we can muster up four to five really good centers led by Matthews.

Last edited:
Reactions: usahockey22flyers

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Eichel likely being out is a bummer and we don't compare to Canada but we can must up four to five really good centers led by Matthews.
I hope Jack Hughes comes back in time to prove he's ready to be 2C on a team like this. Would be great if either him or a guy like Zegras picked up their play enough to fill the gap left by Eichel.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks! Here's my current team (25 man roster):

Goaltenders (x3):

John Gibson-starter
Connor Hellebucyk-backup
Jack Campbell-#3

Defense (x8):

Adam Fox/John Carlson
Ryan McDonagh/Quinn Hughes
Charlie McAvoy/Zach Werenski
Jaccob Slavin/Seth Jones

Forwards (x14):

Johnny Gaudreau-Auston Matthews-Matt Tkachuk
Kyle Connor-J.T. Miller-Brady Tkachuk
Alex DeBrincat-Brock Nelson-Patrick Kane
Chris Krieder-Dylan Larkin-Conor Garland
Extras: Troy Terry and Jake Guentzel
So elite everything but C after Matthews? Any concerns about the dropoff? Not that I think Miller, Nelson or Larkin are bad in anyway..

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
So elite everything but C after Matthews? Any concerns about the dropoff? Not that I think Miller, Nelson or Larkin are bad in anyway..

Yes, there is a drop-off after Matthews with Eichel out but Larkin and Miller are both capable and having very good years. Nelson is also having a good season even though he's not a huge overall offensive threat. I'd consider Hughes if healthy as well.

Reactions: Czechboy

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I hope Jack Hughes comes back in time to prove he's ready to be 2C on a team like this. Would be great if either him or a guy like Zegras picked up their play enough to fill the gap left by Eichel.

If Hughes is healthy and playing well I think he makes the team, especially with the expanded roster. You could also slot him in on the wing as well.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Sweden's Olympic jerseys just came out today.

Leave it to them to be the ones who understand you don't try to fix something that ain't broke.
To me, the U.S already has their ideal uniforms, at least in their whites anyway, that Lake Placid (or was it another Olympics?) throwback one is gorgeous, and not only that but it stands for tradition. They should use them all the time IMO.

Reactions: William H Bonney

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Zegras with a 2 pt game today, now at 19GP, 6 G, 8A, 14PTS. 9PTS in last 6 games. He’s recovering from his slow start and probably be at a PPG by Christmas.

Think he’s on track to make the team now with Eichel’s chances being back very slim.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Tage Thompson could be a big body and shot this team need. Really nice to see him breaking out too.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Zegras with a 2 pt game today, now at 19GP, 6 G, 8A, 14PTS. 9PTS in last 6 games. He’s recovering from his slow start and probably be at a PPG by Christmas.

Think he’s on track to make the team now with Eichel’s chances being back very slim.

Why are Eichel’s chances very slim?

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
I still have a hard time seeing Seth Jones as a lock to play.

Fox and McAvoy are the clear 2 best RD, I would prolly take Carlson over Jones, and there's a legit possibility that they bring Pesce and keep him with Slavin.

Same with Hughes on the other side.

I would roll with Slavin, Mcdonaugh, and Werenski.

Mcdonaugh/Fox
Werenski/McAvoy
Slavin/???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad