Olympics: Team USA 2022

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
He better pick it up. Team USA has several smaller high skill guys at W to pick from but you dont want 4 of them. Gaudreau, DeBrincat, Garland and Guentzel are small.
One of those guys IMO isn't making it and Garland has
the obvious thinnest resume.

Luckily he has picked it up but I still think he has a very strong chance of making it, he's got familiarity with Sullivan and a lot of playoff experience even though he's got no International experience.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Demko has absolutely played his way out of a top 3 slot and the top 4 are now Gibson, Helle, Campbell and Quick.

Anyone ignoring Quick is simply denying reality.
Absolutely one of the top 4 performing US goalies.
In fact he and Campbell are a significant cut
above any US goalies in play this year.

That being said, Gibson and Helle will get 2 slots
and Campbell and Quick will battle it out for #3.

Given the insane level of athleticism required to play the way he does, it's pretty remarkable that Quick's been able to have such a renaissance this season. As an undersized goalie who was still playing competitive hockey at the time, he was my favorite goalie in the league to watch during the years when they were winning cups (despite the hard feelings about the 2012 SCF).

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017
Latest attempt after the start of this season:

M. Tkachuk-Matthews-Kane
Connor-Larkin-Debrincat
Gaudreau-Norris-Terry
Kreider-Hughes-Miller
Oshie, Guentzel

I'm obviously operating on the assumption that Eichel won't be ready

I think Tkachuk is an excellent fit on the top line with Matthews and Kane. Kane's never been known for defense, board battles, or being a net front presence, while Tkachuk provides all of those things.

Norris might not be on a lot of people's lists but I love his two way play paired with a guy like Gaudreau. Could also go with a guy like Pavelski or Nelson, here.

Troy Terry I think has played his way onto the roster. Miller can play any forward spot and gives you a 5th guy who can play C in the event of an injury.

Slavin-Fox
McDonagh-McAvoy
Werenski-Pesce
Jones, Hughes

Helly
Gibson
Campbell

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I'm really curious to see what the goaltending looks like. Hellebuyck and Gibson obviously have the pedigree and high level of play over the last few years, Quick was their starter last time the NHL went and has had a massive resurgence this year, and Campbell has been the best goalie in the league this year

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Chris Wideman, the UFC fighter, said 8-12 weeks he was back to heavy activity. Eichel’s doctors are going to say 4-5 months, but plenty of elite athletes like Eichel can shave time off the timelines, especially with a goal like the Olympics in mind. I wouldn’t bet on him being there, but I think it’s very possible and hopefully USAH is keeping a spot open for him if he is able to be ready.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Tkachuk Matthews Kane
Gaudreau Larkin Connor
Kreider Nelson Terry
Miller Copp Oshie
Trochek
Norris

Slavin Fox
Werenski McAvoy
McDonagh Jones
Petry Carlson

Hellebyuck
Gibson
Campbell

Some excellent play in the last year or more recent Nelson, Copp, Kreider have been solid players for many years but elevated their play this year. Gaudreau has had a strong bounce back season.

Adam Fox came out of no where last year to win the Norris last year and is building on that this year.

Terry and Campbell, I can’t imagine they were on the radar prior to this season. Great seasons.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Tkachuk Matthews Kane
Gaudreau Larkin Connor
Kreider Nelson Terry
Miller Copp Oshie
Trochek
Norris

Slavin Fox
Werenski McAvoy
McDonagh Jones
Petry Carlson

Hellebyuck
Gibson
Campbell

Some excellent play in the last year or more recent Nelson, Copp, Kreider have been solid players for many years but elevated their play this year. Gaudreau has had a strong bounce back season.

Adam Fox came out of no where last year to win the Norris last year and is building on that this year.

Terry and Campbell, I can’t imagine they were on the radar prior to this season. Great seasons.

Can't see DeBrincat not making Team USA. So
Miller goes to C and bumps Norris.

Atkinson, Saad and B. Tkachuk are still possib

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Funny the 30 second video spent 25 seconds not showing the entire jersey.

I usually love the US jerseys but this one is a step below. Dark blue and white are ok.

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
upload_2021-11-24_17-13-44.jpeg
That navy jersey has me thinking these two guys will be suiting up for the USA

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I hope anyone who was considering leaving Gaudreau off this roster has been paying attention.

This is since he was separated from Monahan in April:

Gaudreau has definitely looked more like himself this year, which is great. Who knew Monahan was such a boat anchor. Gaudreau just needs to get his mental game in check. If he has/does, not only will he be on the team, but he'll be a key contributor.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad