Boeser

Slavin - Fox
Werenski - Jones
McAvoy - Carlson
Q Hughes/Petry/Pesce

Hellebuyck
Gibson
Demko

I think that's very close to what the team will end up looking like.

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017
No Eichel I go with this

Debrincat - Matthews - Kane
Gaudreau - Larkin - Guentzel
Connor - Miller - Wheeler
B Tkachuk - Pavelski - M Tkachuk
Boeser

Slavin - Fox
Werenski - Jones
McAvoy - Carlson
Q Hughes/Petry/Pesce

Hellebuyck
Gibson
Demko
I hope Jack Hughes is on the roster. If he isn’t I’m going to predict that by the end of this season he’s going to make them regret it.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
The Eichel situation is incredibly frustrating. Of all years for it to happen, and for Buffalo to handle it so horribly. What is the point of no return, the surgery he wants it's what like 2 months to get back into game shape? He needs to have the surgery in the next by November at the latest. Really puts us in a bad spot with our weakest position getting incredibly weaker.

I don't understand how the situation has just sat in limbo for half a year, this is an injury from March. It's absurd the NHL hasn't sorted this out one way or another yet.

Last edited:

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I hope Jack Hughes is on the roster. If he isn’t I’m going to predict that by the end of this season he’s going to make them regret it.

It's a TBD for sure. Can absolutely see him making it but he'd have to prove it this year for sure. Definitely not in line to make it at this point in time.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The Eichel situation is incredibly frustrating. Of all years for it to happen, and for Buffalo to handle it so horribly. What is the point of no return, the surgery he wants it's what like 2 months to get back into game shape? He needs to have the surgery in the next by November at the latest. Really puts us in a bad spot with our weakest position getting incredibly weaker.

I don't understand how the situation has just sat in limbo for half a year, this is an injury from March. It's absurd the NHL hasn't sorted this out one way or another yet.

Eichel can have ADR.
No one is stopping him. His salary won't be guaranteed, but he can have ADR.

Maybe it's time for Jack to put HIS money where HIS mouth is?

Or maybe the rich players (and the not so rich posters) who think the Sabres are wrong, should pool their money to cover the insurance loss if the Sabres let Jack get ADR.

Let me know when you get to $30M and I'll throw in $20.

Last edited:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Maybe Jack should grow up and take the proposed surgery then.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Maybe Jack should grow up and take the proposed surgery then.
If Jack got ADR and was paralyzed while playing, the blowback to the NHL / Sabres / Olympics / USA Hockey would be insane. They are not going to take that risk.

Fusion is "proven effective and safe" - those are words corporate lawyers LOVE to hear.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Surprised Jones is one of the first 3 since there's multiple defensemen better than him, but he was bound to make it anyways.

I think Jones is a very good player who had a rough patch on a team in tumult. I believe he will bounce back with Chicago and have a great year. That said, I'm a bit cynical so his inclusion here may be a bit of a marketing ploy. In addition to Kane you have two players who come from a multi-ethnic background.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Surprised Jones is one of the first 3 since there's multiple defensemen better than him, but he was bound to make it anyways.

Why would you be surprised? The GM of the American team is the GM that gave him that contract. He is betting big on Jones for his NHL team.

Jones was always going to be on this team. The bigger surprise should be that the failed GM of the Hawks is running the US team. That was stupid from the start to appoint him the GM.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I think Jones is a very good player who had a rough patch on a team in tumult. I believe he will bounce back with Chicago and have a great year. That said, I'm a bit cynical so his inclusion here may be a bit of a marketing ploy. In addition to Kane you have two players who come from a multi-ethnic background.

Ummm.... Do you mean Matthews? Because Kane is white on white unless I'm missing something... or you're thinking of Evander who isn't American and don't even know if he'd make the team.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Ummm.... Do you mean Matthews? Because Kane is white on white unless I'm missing something... or you're thinking of Evander who isn't American and don't even know if he'd make the team.

No, he's referring to Jones and Matthews as the two from multi-ethnic backgrounds.

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

Kane is white. Matthews has a Mexican mother. Seth Jones is biracial.

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
Yeah let’s just say I didn’t have Jones on my team; for him to be named in the first three (I know it’s not perhaps the best three but it does show where the GM’s allegiance rests) is very surprising, the USA’s best position is defence and I wouldn’t have him in my top 6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad