Aug 2, 2005
North America
GPJ4HQWbgAEKN21
Definitely prefer that over the circle logo

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
These logos are fine for temps. It really highlights how disappointing it would be to wait an extra year for the actual branding.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
the greatest trick marketing departments ever pulled was convincing people in power that they needed 12 months and an unlimited budget to come up with a logo and uniform

it's all just a money pit so they can produce something it took a month to think of with 15 pages of copy nobody will ever read about how red represents Utah's red rocks and blue represents the snowcaps of the Wasatch blah blah blah blah

Coming up with a team name and logo is an important decision. Don't want to end up with something like this:

1717503980614.png

Yes, real logo for a real company called A style

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
This would be a great 3rd jersey. I think on our primary’s, the powder blue needs to be the dominant color. A lot of black in the NHL
Not as much black as you think. It used to be a big problem 10-15 years ago when everyone was doing it. But a bunch of teams have moved away from black. There are actually now more blue home primaries than black. It was really over done for a while but now it would oddly be more unique to be black than blue.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I’m just glad that they seem to be going with only three colors. Black, white, and powder blue. I hope they don’t add anything else. I wanted purple but I’d rather not make these too busy. Yeti is a wild enough nickname that we don’t need a wild ass uniform to go with it.

Reactions: RABBIT

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
Coming up with a team name and logo is an important decision. Don't want to end up with something like this:

View attachment 879413

Yes, real logo for a real company called A style

They can spend a year on this and still come up with a crap logo that everyone hates. Look at the Miami Marlins over the past decade. Look at how mid and generic everything about the Washington Commanders seems despite having decades to consider new branding and playing for multiple years without any at all

The Jets were sold in January, the team was named the Coyotes in April, and the Kachina logo was trademarked that same month. There is no real evidence that you need to take literally forever to develop this stuff, it something owners have been told by various branding experts who curiously didn't exist 30 years when you could create an iconic logo and strong brand name in 3 months
1717522599470.png
1717522599470.png

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
They can spend a year on this and still come up with a crap logo that everyone hates. Look at the Miami Marlins over the past decade. Look at how mid and generic everything about the Washington Commanders seems despite having decades to consider new branding and playing for multiple years without any at all

The Jets were sold in January, the team was named the Coyotes in April, and the Kachina logo was trademarked that same month. There is no real evidence that you need to take literally forever to develop this stuff, it something owners have been told by various branding experts who curiously didn't exist 30 years when you could create an iconic logo and strong brand name in 3 months
View attachment 879504View attachment 879504
Well said. You are either good at what you do or you are not. Whomever, put that Coyotes stuff together was exceptional and waiting a year wasn't about to be a difference maker. Miami and Washington are good examples too. All that time and all the Commanders came up with is a red and yellow W. Also, the stuff I saw on Doubleday & Cartwright seemed pretty mid so not really expecting to be blown away by whatever they roll with.

Last edited:

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
PWHL Holdings secured the following names for US trademark in October 2023. I hope, for their sake, they hit the reset button on these before they make them official.
  • Toronto Torch
  • Montreal Echo
  • Ottawa Alert
  • Minnesota Superior
  • Boston Wicked
  • New York Sound

Reactions: paulmm3 and Dog

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I am not a fan of that circle logo.. the blue is a little off compared to powdered blue… but who cares… I don’t mind these as a whole, I don’t think that circle logo would look good on this jersey, but with Utah written across like these, I am ok with, as a temporary Jersey. I hope these don’t end up being the main ones
This would be a great 3rd jersey. I think on our primary’s, the powder blue needs to be the dominant color. A lot of black in the NHL

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
PWHL Holdings secured the following names for US trademark in October 2023. I hope, for their sake, they hit the reset button on these before they make them official.
  • Toronto Torch
  • Montreal Echo
  • Ottawa Alert
  • Minnesota Superior
  • Boston Wicked
  • New York Sound

Boston Wicked gave me a chuckle but the rest are all shit.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
  • Toronto Torch
  • Montreal Echo
  • Ottawa Alert
  • Minnesota Superior
  • Boston Wicked
  • New York Sound
What’s with all of the adejective and abstract names?

About as dumb as :

Toronto Tough
Montreal Munch
Ottawa Out
Minnesota Many
Boston Back
New York Nice

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: DustyDangler

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Utah Jazz branded to purple again, but what I find interesting is their color palette shows a very similar powder blue (and of course, black.)

If we are sticking with the powder blue as one of our main colors, I want nothing to do with purple anymore. Powder blue, black and white need to be the only colors on the jersey.

IMG_4581.jpeg

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I've always despised the Jazz color scheme and logos. Especially the logo. Yucky! I hope the HC's jerseys arent anything like them.

I like blue. I like purple. Just don't like the way they use them much.

For the HC I think Yeti + blue + purple = too much of a rip off of Sulley from Monsters Inc.

Reactions: DustyDangler

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I've always despised the Jazz color scheme and logos. Especially the logo. Yucky! I hope the HC's jerseys arent anything like them.

I like blue. I like purple. Just don't like the way they use them much.

For the HC I think Yeti + blue + purple = too much of a rip off of Sulley from Monsters Inc.
IMG_4582.jpeg

The only acceptable time these colors can exist in harmony

• Haha
Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad