Team name and jersey ideas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Yeti has had NHL licensed products for years. The above shouldn’t be confused as a new partnership.

My understanding is that Fanatics is the reason for the extended timeline.

Reactions: Summer Rose

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
My preference is for Outlaws. But since I don’t really love that name, and since I know kids love the Yeti name, I’m equally fine with that. I like Mammoth less that Outlaws but more than Yeti. But I don’t think the kids like it as much so it’s 3rd on my list. I don’t care for Blizzard at all.

Black Diamonds is my favorite of the 20 but I’m sure it didn’t make the final four. Mountaineers is growing on me.But again, doubt it made it to the final four. If I was king, they’d be the Bighorns. But that didn’t even make the 20.

I still think Yeti and Outlaws are the only two with real shot. Though I maintain that in a head to head, at least half of the Outlaws votes will really just be anti-Yeti votes.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Outlaws or Mammoth(s) please.

Unfortunately it’s Mammoth - singular. :(

Doesn't bother me really. Feels like Deer, Sheep, Moose, Bison, Fish (etc.) where the singular and plural forms are the same. I could go either way.

A herd of Mammoth or a herd of Mammoths. It's all the same to me.

Edit: According to the dictionary, plural is mammoths though. Watch it turn out that they're strictly thinking mammoth as in huge and we're all thinking about the hairy elephant lol.

Last edited:

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Unfortunately it’s Mammoth - singular. :(
Outlaws or Mammoth(s) please.

Doesn't bother me really. Feels like Deer, Sheep, Moose, Bison, Fish (etc.) where the singular and plural forms are the same. I could go either way.

A herd of Mammoth or a herd of Mammoths. It's all the same to me.

Edit: According to the dictionary, plural is mammoths though. Watch it turn out that they're strictly thinking mammoth as in huge and we're all thinking about the hairy elephant lol.
Words ending in "ths" are awkward to say. Makes sense for it to be singular.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Pretty sure that it's meant to refer to the hairy elephant.

And regarding pluralization, what is the plural of a maple leaf?
Looks like that town (Price) where the discovery was made, sits between the snowy mountain area up by SLC, Park City, etc. and the more southern desert canyon area by Zion, Moab, etc. That would be cool for different branding options.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
1717167417156.png

sparkychewbarky

Jan 27, 2012
:DD Wa-a-a-y back in 2014, I did up a concept for a buddy's beer league team in sync with the 50th anniversary of the spaghetti westerns featuring Clint Eastwood.
Now, the logos/sweaters aren't NHL worthy, but I loved the name.
A "wild west" theme wouldn't be too bad for a Utah hockey team, and I think I'd prefer "Drifters" over the "Outlaws"...Also, I hear there's a new "Drift Board" for the slopes that's apparently only made in Utah, so maybe also a skiing reference.
...a moot point now, as "Drifters" isn't on the list...
drifters.png

RABBIT

AKA Turd Ferguson
Not making any claims of authenticity here, just sharing what I came across...

New Utah HC logo leaks online due to NHL slip up
IMG_4497.jpeg

If this is legit, I actually wouldn’t mind abandoning the purple and doing a powder blue, white, and black color scheme. I think the moment you start adding purple to the shade of blue, we start to look like a pop tart.

Also screams Yeti to me. I can’t see if being the Swarm or Mammoth. Even though I want Mammoth bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad