DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Kachina Yeti by Copilot...

1717609137192.png

• Love
Reactions: SirJW and MIGs Dog

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
PWHL Holdings secured the following names for US trademark in October 2023. I hope, for their sake, they hit the reset button on these before they make them official.
  • Toronto Torch
  • Montreal Echo
  • Ottawa Alert
  • Minnesota Superior
  • Boston Wicked
  • New York Sound

This is why I have a strong preference for a team name that ends in "s". These are all brutal. I don't think Jazz is a great name. Minnesota Wild and Seattle Kraken are both very weak NHL names. The only non-ends-in-s team name I actually like is the Sarnia Sting, maybe because of the alliteration there.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
This is why I have a strong preference for a team name that ends in "s". These are all brutal. I don't think Jazz is a great name. Minnesota Wild and Seattle Kraken are both very weak NHL names. The only non-ends-in-s team name I actually like is the Sarnia Sting, maybe because of the alliteration there.
Brace yourself for Utah Yeti.

Reactions: DustyDangler

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Jazz is dumb on a number of levels and not on the lack of an s. Kraken is a great name with exceptional branding. Wild is pretty whatever..

Reactions: Stanley Thermos

rams

Feb 2, 2015
Canada
This name will not be used for the team’s inaugural season in Utah. For the first season, they will just go by Utah. The voted-on name and its brand, mascot and logo will not debut until the following season (2025-26).

Would be kinda funny if 'Utah Hockey Club' won the poll, so they just need to add HC to the logo.

Reactions: Dog

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
This name will not be used for the team’s inaugural season in Utah. For the first season, they will just go by Utah. The voted-on name and its brand, mascot and logo will not debut until the following season (2025-26).

Would be kinda funny if 'Utah Hockey Club' won the poll, so they just need to add HC to the logo.
It's smart move to just go with Utah for the season. Once they deceide on name+logo then can go from there.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Utah HC has by far the least wide spread marketability. Joe Blow from Timbuktu is never buying Utah HC merchandise but he may very well buy something with a cool logo around outlaws or whatever.

SirJW

Jan 25, 2007
The LA
Almost 24 hours so I'll chime in.

Last nights game on ABC in The States had an electronic Yeti (coolers) board ad for quite a long stretch.

I didn't take a screen shot but it was for Yeti, official supplier for the NHL.

Sorry I think Yeti is out.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad