Team name and jersey ideas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg

1:45 mark of the video. Says the logo is there but no photos allowed. I assume he is talking about the temporary logo?
Yeah, must be. Probably one of the set that appeared and disappeared from the NHL website.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
There will be one more round of voting after this round. I imagine we are down to 2 or 3 names at that point.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
There will be one more round of voting after this round. I imagine we are down to 2 or 3 names at that point.
The lack of promotion and buzz generated so far around this is worrisome.

I guess they’re dealing with major bandwidth issues from a human capital perspective. Jazz staff already had a full time job. Yotes staff stayed behind.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I had said previously there wouldn’t be enough time to do this right. And clearly there isn’t. They’re started out in the smallest, oldest (without full reno) rink in the league with no firm approval on funding a plan to change that. They’re starting the season with no name and no real brand. They don’t have a real website and no real social presence. They aren’t producing any real marketing collateral.

They’re relying on Smith alone to generate buzz from his personal Twitter and from appearing himself on ESPN. Even the naming exercise had been a lacklustre online poll with zero engagement or community building efforts around it. Nobody who’s voting is actually feeling anything about it. No sense of involvement.

It seems like their expectations are minimum viable product. If they can get the arena filled for opening night and a team on the ice to play a game then it’s mission accomplished and they’re going to build the rest of the plane while it’s already in flight.

Reactions: DustyDangler

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
I had said previously there wouldn’t be enough time to do this right. And clearly there isn’t. They’re started out in the smallest, oldest (without full reno) rink in the league with no firm approval on funding a plan to change that. They’re starting the season with no name and no real brand. They don’t have a real website and no real social presence. They aren’t producing any real marketing collateral.

They’re relying on Smith alone to generate buzz from his personal Twitter and from appearing himself on ESPN. Even the naming exercise had been a lacklustre online poll with zero engagement or community building efforts around it. Nobody who’s voting is actually feeling anything about it. No sense of involvement.

It seems like their expectations are minimum viable product. If they can get the arena filled for opening night and a team on the ice to play a game then it’s mission accomplished and they’re going to build the rest of the plane while it’s already in flight.
I think Ryan has said pretty much this. If you get the opportunity, you take it and figure it out as you go was the paraphrase of something I remember him saying early. The ramp up and head start Vegas and Seattle had was massive compared to what Utah is having to put together. For the now, most NHL attention should be on the SC finals primarily imho and they really should not do much to distract from it. The '23-24 season has not yet ended. The Coyotes still have an active website. I would expect, after the SC has ended and somewhere around draft day and free agency there should be a greater shift to '24-25. The Coyotes site should go inactive (with the final post being about AM losing the auction and going into hiding) and Utah should be turned up. They should then have a bunch of next season buzz to report on with the draft picks and whatever splashes they make in FA and start building excitement for the new roster and new season.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I think Ryan has said pretty much this. If you get the opportunity, you take it and figure it out as you go was the paraphrase of something I remember him saying early. The ramp up and head start Vegas and Seattle had was massive compared to what Utah is having to put together. For the now, most NHL attention should be on the SC finals primarily imho and they really should not do much to distract from it. The '23-24 season has not yet ended. The Coyotes still have an active website. I would expect, after the SC has ended and somewhere around draft day and free agency there should be a greater shift to '24-25. The Coyotes site should go inactive (with the final post being about AM losing the auction and going into hiding) and Utah should be turned up. They should then have a bunch of next season buzz to report on with the draft picks and whatever splashes they make in FA and start building excitement for the new roster and new season.
The only point I think that needs to be made is don't rattle the cages in February if you aren't prepared to deal with the outcome.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Real nice. Particularly pleased there is no red like every 3rd team in the NHL. It is a unique color scheme but not crazy.
close to the Maine Black Bears of the NCAA. In the AHL, color wise, Milwaukee Admirals, though they go with darker jerseys and use light blue as a secondary color.

I guess the striping of the official jersey will likely be different. Going with just the most basic style here. Heck, even the font could change based on team name.

Reactions: DustyDangler

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
close to the Maine Black Bears of the NCAA. In the AHL, color wise, Milwaukee Admirals, though they go with darker jerseys and use light blue as a secondary color.

I guess the striping of the official jersey will likely be different. Going with just the most basic style here. Heck, even the font could change based on team name.
Maine is more light blue hence the marketing angle

SirJW

Jan 25, 2007
The LA
Mountain Blue would have been a better choice for the home jersey.

Hope they go with blue pants and helmets.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Mountain Blue would have been a better choice for the home jersey.

Hope they go with blue pants and helmets.
It might still be on the actual one. Depends on the logo. If there is more black in the logo then mountain blue allows it to pop on the home jersey.

Reactions: SirJW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad