Post-Game Talk: Team is still broken

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
And it cost us.
Yeah that was plain ugly. 10 secs left and McD is goal sucking and leaving zone and we don't have puck, we don't have puck. He's looking for his hat trick. C'mon McD.

But I'll say it Connor doofus Brown caught way too deep on a forecheck with 6mins left and with the lead. Canes score and Brown still isn't even back in his own zone. Zero back pressure there because two Oilers caught. The third line thats only on the ice to play a low event shift give up the tying goal late on a bad decision. This is what you have vets for...

Say this too. ANYBODY else has to score a goal.

Scoreline was McD 2 Canes 3.

Arvidsson is f***ing useless. As are any of the players still sporting 0-0-0 boxcars this season. (sorry Hyman, not you)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryanbryoil

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
He has everything to do with fn signing the trio of shit defenseman we have.

He fn wasted a couple of million on trash. He should have just called it a day and matched Broberg.

He thought he was smart and signed fn Niether. He wanted to make a mark. Fxxxx him. 100 % to blame for this mess on defense.

Wasn't only Dermott and Emberson his responsibility?

Unless I'm neglecting someone, Josh Brown was a JJ move no?

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
I can't stand this parrot talk of how "slow' EDM is

How do they generate HD chances that rate at the top of the NHL

How are they allowing some of the least HD chances?

How are they #1 in Corsi (having the puck and at least taking shots) if they are turtles slow? They should be chasing all game.

It's a few guys who are up there

Contenders are not young teams (unless they win very quickly). Who is the youngest last condending team? CHI when they won the first one?

Agreed

Probably that Chicago team, which still had some important players over 30 (Hossa, Campbell).

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Need the offence to start coming. A bunch of almost goals. We are last in the league for shooting percentage as well. I think it’s coming lots of good stuff out there.

At the end of the day special teams is killing us still.

Reactions: TheGingaNinja

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Yeah that was plain ugly. 10 secs left and McD is goal sucking and leaving zone and we don't have puck, we don't have puck. He's looking for his hat trick. C'mon McD.

But I'll say it Connor doofus Brown caught way too deep on a forecheck with 6mins left and with the lead. Canes score and Brown still isn't even back in his own zone. Zero back pressure there because two Oilers caught. The third line thats only on the ice to play a low event shift give up the tying goal late on a bad decision. This is what you have vets for...

Arvidsson is f***ing useless. As are any of the players still sporting 0-0-0 boxcars this season.

What are your thoughts on Draisaitl tonight?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
They don’t look slow to me. They played with pace against a team that most consider fast tonight.

Stupid plays are killing them.
Nah. guys like Necas were burning and incinerating us with speed all night. Canes weren't sharp on transition tonight and still getting several odd man looks. We had trouble with canes speed and more of it as game went on. Anytime McD or Drai line isn't on the ice we looked horrible. Same old same old.

Reactions: MoontoScott

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024

Arvidsson is f***ing useless. As are any of the players still sporting 0-0-0 boxcars this season.
Zachary Hyman?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Nah. guys like Necas were burning and incinerating us with speed all night. Canes weren't sharp on transition tonight and still getting several odd man looks. We had trouble with canes speed and more of it as game went on. Anytime McD or Drai line isn't on the ice we looked horrible. Same old same old.
The only players who look slow are RNH, Perry and Ryan.

Did I mention how bad RNH has been?

Reactions: CanadasTeam99

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I think that this "slow" stuff is over emphasized.

Shooters simply aren't picking the corners. With today's goalies you can't shoot thru them so it better be where they can't get it. Like Mc-D's first goal. No goalie was going to stab that one.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
What are your thoughts on Draisaitl tonight?
Good plays bad plays. He did setup Arvid and Skinner so many times they ought to have scored. His backhand pass to McD in perfect time was pretty good. Drai also won every faceoff in OT, made around 4 outstanding plays in own zone today that nobody comments on, and had a couple looks as well. Least he wasn't blowing zone on winning goal. He did look gassed.

But hey. Whats with the rest of the lineup getting nothing? McD and Drai show as per usual.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Going with 12 forwards on the roster, two of whom are in their late 30s was always going to be bad plan. Having a 13th guy around as an option to shake things up is something the coach should be able to have, and I really hope they torch this “maximum cap accrual” plan ASAP and bring someone up for Friday.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

Just goalies I think.

You know that Brown could explode at any moment.

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
The Calgary Flames have 100X more jump than we do thus far this year. At least they play with fire. I know the vets will turn it around. I will panic if we go close to 2-9-1 again lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad