Post-Game Talk: Team is still broken

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
This team's inability to score is starting to scare me, because it doesn't feel like they're going to turn it around.

The PP needs a revamp. Both Hymen and Nuge need to come off. Skinner needs to get a chance. He's been our most consistently dangerous guy all year.

We're shooting 6%.

No team in NHL history has ever shot less than 10% and no team since 1960 has shot less than 12%.

It will turn around.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Team isn’t slow. They’re just playing stupid hockey looking for low percentage plays instead of taking what’s open.

Agreed, 1st GA is Janmark's fault, Skinner makes a huge save (I'll give him credit for that) and Janmark just makes a lazy clearing attempt.

2nd GA, Janmark just watches the Canes player go right by him and just waves his stick at him.

3rd GA in OT it looks like Bouchard just didn't pick up his man.

These aren't speed issues, they're just dumb plays.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Idk I thought they played pretty well, easily could have had a few more goals either way. Both teams had chances and both teams goalies made crazy saves.

I just wanna be .500 again but the losses to Dallas and Carolina don’t sting too hard, they’re great teams and we barely lost.

f*** no.

The Oilers got their ass kicked most of the night. They are falling into bad habits and lost the corsi, scoring chances and xGF battle tonight. Special teams continue to be an issue. Our "shutdown" line is garbage. The Nurse-Dermott pair was on for both goals against and shouldn't be a thing. Not to mention none of our stars are committed to playing defence first hockey.

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
Idk I thought they played pretty well, easily could have had a few more goals either way. Both teams had chances and both teams goalies made crazy saves.

I just wanna be .500 again but the losses to Dallas and Carolina don’t sting too hard, they’re great teams and we barely lost.
Only positive I see is that they were fairly good the last 4 games as a whole.

Pk can't stay this trash. What is it? 50%. That is atrocious

PP atrocious

Shooting % almost dead last

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
I don’t think it’s time to panic yet as the only thing separating us and the division leading flames at this very moment is two wins but definitely an ugly loss

Edit: I jinxed us apparently because the flames tied their game as I posted. The hockey gods hate me:(

Last edited:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Podkolzin can be a handful on the forecheck at least there's that.

Our shooting percentage is hilariously low, that won't stay that way.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Bowman has zero to do with this. f*** this place is mental.
He has everything to do with fn signing the trio of shit defenseman we have.

He fn wasted a couple of million on trash. He should have just called it a day and matched Broberg.

He thought he was smart and signed fn Niether. He wanted to make a mark. Fxxxx him. 100 % to blame for this mess on defense.

Reactions: CanadasTeam99

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
This needs to be pinned to the top of every thread until the Clown Car turns back into a Ferrari
I can't stand this parrot talk of how "slow' EDM is

How do they generate HD chances that rate at the top of the NHL

How are they allowing some of the least HD chances?

How are they #1 in Corsi (having the puck and at least taking shots) if they are turtles slow? They should be chasing all game.

It's a few guys who are up there

Contenders are not young teams (unless they win very quickly). Who is the youngest last condending team? CHI when they won the first one?

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad