Post-Game Talk: Team is still broken

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Expecting Janmark-Henrique-Brown to be our 3rd line for a full season when really they just had a hot PK while playing 4th line minutes in the playoffs was a bad call. They excelled because Foegele-McLeod-Holloway did much more heavy lifting offensively in the bottom 6.
Yup. Not to mention all our youth and speed instantly vanished from the team

Reactions: Shanahanigans

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
McDavid just quitting on scoring again mid-game after scoring 2, and being totally obsessed with trying to get Hyman a goal was hard to watch.

Don’t blame him for the loss, some bad defensive errors/coverage, and just loads of chaos all game. But the frustration of seeing our players still thinking they can just mess around, and everything is so easy that they can give themselves little side quests, is damn annoying. So many guys on this team still acting like they expect things to just work out cause they are so good.

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
as they should if this keeps up, the idea of canning 3 coaches in 2 and half years is stupid. The players are on the hook here and they need to find a solution in the room. Firing another coach is a poor reflection on McDavid.

Yup, and honestly it's still pathetic that they might have to do any sort of "wake up call".

Annual check in for this team, at this point

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Idk I thought they played pretty well, easily could have had a few more goals either way. Both teams had chances and both teams goalies made crazy saves.

I just wanna be .500 again but the losses to Dallas and Carolina don’t sting too hard, they’re great teams and we barely lost.

TheGingaNinja

Edmonton Ex-Pat who still loves his hometown team.
Sep 26, 2019
Judging from the replies, this might come off as a hot take...

I thought this was a heavyweight battle between two very good teams, that went back and forth. Stu was great, unfortunately Freddie was even better. Gut-wrenching end. McD blew the coverage, but were not even in OT without him. Was just an absolute, see saw, heavy forechecking on both sides, game that was highly entertaining, despite the heart breaking finish.

I will say, special teams are just killing us still They must get better.

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
At least there was only one McHollowbro goal tonight

I don't see Shittsburgh finishing :eek::eek::eek::eek:gary though, so their march to a fluke division win continues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad