Post-Game Talk: Team is still broken

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Wasn't only Dermott and Emberson his responsibility?

Unless I'm neglecting someone, Josh Brown was a JJ move no?
This is McDrais 9th season. No fn manager should get a pass under any circumstance. This guy dropped the ball and the entire fan base knew it with the offer sheets but gave him a free pass bcz he signed Draisaitl.

He fxxx up. Stop defending the guy. Signing trash after trash. He has terrible talent acquisition ability. He can't see talent and ability. What he sees is he was able to weasel himself back into the NHL. His jobs done.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Good plays bad plays. He did setup Arvid and Skinner so many times they ought to have scored. His backhand pass to McD in perfect time was pretty good. Drai also won every faceoff in OT, made around 4 outstanding plays in own zone today that nobody comments on, and had a couple looks as well. Least he wasn't blowing zone on winning goal. He did look gassed.

But hey. Whats with the rest of the lineup getting nothing? McD and Drai show as per usual.

I would be a bit more harsh, but fair enough. Specifically I thought there was some effort issues, but honestly as you said that can be applied to 80% of the lineup.

I think Skinner did well enough on his chances but Andersen was sharp, sometimes you gotta tip your cap. Arvidsson looks confused. Almost McLeod like.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
The Calgary Flames have 100X more jump than we do thus far this year. At least they play with fire. I know the vets will turn it around. I will panic if we go close to 2-9-1 again lol
I predicted they would be better. Not much pressure and no expectations for even making the playoffs. In contrast the Oiler sticks are tight.

Reactions: CanadasTeam99

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Kidding right? I've been waiting for that brown explosion (sounds ugly) for two seasons now. All the guy does is looks like he tries hard and nothing. He's played 120 games for us and has what, 7 goals? All I hear is how great he is.
I would never kid you. Besides, I never said what kind of explosion.

Oilers333

Jul 8, 2022
- Oilers never hold a 2-0 lead not, surprised
- Our team is one of the oldest in the league and one of the slowest especially after losing Mcloed, Foegele and Holloway
- Our defense is even shitier than it was previous seasons as Nurse continues to fall off a cliff, lost Ceci and insert some no name guy, lost our most promising young blueliner outside of Bouch.
- It all dont matter because we will soon be paying Mcdrai and Bouch 45% of the cap which looking at history pretty much mean we aint winning the cup

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
This is McDrais 9th season. No fn manager should get a pass under any circumstance. This guy dropped the ball and the entire fan base knew it with the offer sheets but gave him a free pass bcz he signed Draisaitl.

He fxxx up. Stop defending the guy. Signing trash after trash. He has terrible talent acquisition ability. He can't see talent and ability. What he sees is he was able to weasel himself back into the NHL. His jobs done.

Way to bite my head off about something I didn't even do or say.

All I'm trying to say is if you're only pointing the finger at Bowman, then you're mistaken. There's a lot of blame to go around for this start and almost nobody is blameless.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I would be a bit more harsh, but fair enough. Specifically I thought there was some effort issues, but honestly as you said that can be applied to 80% of the lineup.

I think Skinner did well enough on his chances but Andersen was sharp, sometimes you gotta tip your cap. Arvidsson looks confused. Almost McLeod like.
Thanks man. Reasonable reply.

This is an insult to McLeod. almost heh.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
It’s so discouraging that after 10 years our best two players still apparently need a new coach every year to get them motivated to play a two way game. I honestly thought we were done with this shit last year. Apparently not.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
it-just-feels-like-its-slipping-away-elle-evans.gif

I don't think it is though. Oilers seem to love this drama and always making it harder on themselves. Like seeing Sabbath without Bill Ward handling the back end.

I wouldn't characterize it as that. I was actually curious of your take.
Its all good. No harm no foul. I'm chasing balls at the plate anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad