Post-Game Talk: Team is still broken

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
Hyman's new nickname is 007. 0g 0a 7gp
I would have never dreamed he would have that stat line and we have had 17 PP's?

Still pathetic

We basically get not even 2.5 PP a game with how much we posses the puck

Yes, it's "loser talk", but I CAN'T STAND that the refs did not call CAR for hooking SKinner at the end of the 2nd when we were up 2-0

That could have been a dagger, but they score on their PP.

HYman high sticked. Skinner tripped on that wrap around

Refs play a hand in too many games

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Personally, I was hoping for the shootout. Have Arvidsson, Nuge, Hyman, Brown and Skinner on the list.
Maybe at least one of them would score and move on.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Which goal was his fault exactly?
I’d say the first one. He kept losing track of the puck and flopping all over the place. 10 seconds before that goal was scored he got lucky laying on the ice and the puck hit him in the back. He got up and moved out of position again just as another shot came. I’d assign some blame to him there. Second goal was a tap in when the defenseman lost his man, not his fault. Third goal was a 2 on 1 in OT. He stopped a similar 2 on 1 seconds earlier but couldn’t get this one, again not his fault.

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
Or Arvid the ghost. 4M X 2 for this.
Thus far sure. We can call Arv, RNH, and Hyman the trio caspers

RNH, to me, looks like the absolute shittiest out of them though. The guy looks like he is playing pond hockey pre season. At leats the other two are givin er. RNH shys away from everything. He plays in slow motion

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.

RNH, to me, looks like the absolute shittiest out of them though. The guy looks like he is playing pond hockey pre season. At leats the other two are givin er. RNH shys away from everything. He plays in slow motion
Still such a smart player though. On one of our goals on PP he carves into zone cleverly taking only ice thats there and it ends up well. Lots of quiet things like that Nuge often does. Clearly needs to be doing more though. I give him some grace because he's been money on the new contract for the most part.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
In fairness, both goalies were tremendous tonight, especially Anderson in the overtime.

The problem is that the set of expectations for the team is so high. Much easier to live up to for many teams in the Western Conference but not Canada's sweethearts from last spring.

Hyman has had a lot of chances but he's pitching in bad luck right now. The same can't be said for the other two.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I’d say the first one. He kept losing track of the puck and flopping all over the place. 10 seconds before that goal was scored he got lucky laying on the ice and the puck hit him in the back. He got up and moved out of position again just as another shot came. I’d assign some blame to him there. Second goal was a tap in when the defenseman lost his man, not his fault. Third goal was a 2 on 1 in OT. He stopped a similar 2 on 1 seconds earlier but couldn’t get this one, again not his fault.

Being completely honest, that's a pretty harsh evaluation of Stu's game tonight.

He held a good team to 2 goals. That should be a win. Period.

But I get what you mean with the first goal, it's just frustrating to say that when you watch him keep the puck out and then watch Janmark forget how to clear the puck out of the zone.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Let this be a lesson to all of you:

Never get married (or engaged).
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Cloned

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
So Flames are popping their young cherries and are 5-0-1. Vancouver looks to be heating up. 3-0 last 3 games.

Depressing start to the year.

Who is this Costco Kirkland kid on CGY? Give me him over RNH lmao

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Yep... they shoot so poorly with no finish that it's like every goalie they face is Hasek with a 93.83% save percentage.

There's no way the Oilers go far until they start getting greasy and stop being fancy.

McDavid should know better as well... there's players as cold as ice on the team and he's passing up shooting in favour of feeding stone hands over and over and over.

I guess in his mind he wants to get the team going offensively but it just seems like banging heads against the wall repeatedly.

It's entirely possible this team IS poor at shooting because they collectively one year older and slower and maybe what we are seeing is as good as it gets.

I mean sure it will regress somewhat to the mean... but do we really think that a team of guys in the bottom 6 comprised of:

Janmark
Perry
Ryan
Brown
Podkolzin
Henrique (saddled with a stone hands crew of misfits surrounding him)...

...are going to be even average in shooting percentage? Likely NOT.

Top 6 should be better BUT RNH is not known for his consistency in sniping goals. Very hot and cold.

Hyman was due for an epic regression, especially with the crackdown on anything close to the crease being a penalty.

Arvidsson is a corpse offensively so far... could be the combo of age and injuries has him falling off the cliff as well as right now he looks Brown-like.

That leaves Skinner, McDavid and Drai... and we know McDavid refuses to shoot 90% of the time even though "selfish McDavid" can basically win games by himself... which he almost did tonight.

Drai is cold but no doubt he'll come around... but can be streaky as well.

Skinner has looked the best overall... likes to shoot and was certainly snake bit tonight... he should and could fill the net more often if he keeps pumping shots.

Overall though just lack of decent hands and too many passes when they could be shooting more and driving the net looking for rebounds/deflections/tips and in general making life more difficult for opposing teams.

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
So Flames are popping their young cherries and are 5-0-1. Vancouver looks to be heating up. 3-0 last 3 games.

Depressing start to the year.

Who is this Costco Kirkland kid on CGY? Give me him over RNH lmao

Flames are in their every other season "PDO Gods" run, it would seem

Though they have a pretty meh roster on paper (unlike last time), so I think it normalizes sooner than later.

To be fair, Shittsburgh is probably not a playoff team again this year

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Seven games in, 14 goals for. Team that is built to score is trash at it. RNH, Drai, Hyman and are right now are complete no shows on the season.

Meanwhile Calgary is 5-0-1 and 24 goals for. Should be reversed. Dark timeline and hard to see the light here.

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
Seven games in, 14 goals for. Team that is built to score is trash at it. RNH, Drai, Hyman and are right now are complete no shows on the season.

Meanwhile Calgary is 5-0-1 and 24 goals for. Should be reversed. Dark timeline and hard to see the light here.
CGY plays a simple game.

Edmonton has skill, but they refuse to just simplify the game. Passing it into the net must be some bonus clause in a lot of their contracts

Goaltending is crucial too. CGY gets outshot a lot

Wolf has a 0.944 and 2GGA start. 3-0 record

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad