Team Board Mock Draft Pick #17

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who Will the Wings Pick at #17

• Oliver Bonk, D, London Knights

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Daniil But, LW, Loko Yaroslavl MHL

• Lukas Dragicevic, D, Tri-City Americans

• Ethan Gauthier, RW, Sherbrooke Phoenix

• Mikhail Gulyayev, D, Omskie Yastreby

• Kasper Halttunen (RW) HIFK

• Michael Hrabal, G, Omaha Lancers

• Quentin Musty, LW, Sudbury Wolves

• Charlie Stramel, F, Univ. of Wisconsin

• Koehn Ziemmer,RW, Prince George Cougars

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Wood supposedly models his game after Mikko Rantanen. Does anyone think he's got that type of potential? Rantanen went 10th overall, now I get that drafting Wood in the 9 spot doesn't make him the same player, but do you think he can be that type of goal scorer in the NHL?

He is very young, supposedly one of the younger players in the NCAA this past season. So there should be a good amount of development still possible, but the fact he scored at a pretty respectable clip in the NCAA seems like a pretty good sign.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Wood supposedly models his game after Mikko Rantanen. Does anyone think he's got that type of potential? Rantanen went 10th overall, now I get that drafting Wood in the 9 spot doesn't make him the same player, but do you think he can be that type of goal scorer in the NHL?

He is very young, supposedly one of the younger players in the NCAA this past season. So there should be a good amount of development still possible, but the fact he scored at a pretty respectable clip in the NCAA seems like a pretty good sign.
If he can improve his skating, I can honestly see it. Big body, amazing shot, goal scorer, powerplay guy. His ceiling is Rantanen, not sure about his floor

Reactions: Holden Caufield

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Rantanen is very good playmaker, I see Wood as mostly goal-scorer only.

If he has Rantanen-level playmaking with scoring, That's heck of package. I'm sceptical Wood has the vision.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020

Shane Wright said he modeled his game after Patrice Bergeron while looking very little like Bergeron.
Just because a player says that's who they want to play like doesn't mean that is who they actually play like. I like Wood but I don't see Rantanen in his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad