GDT: tblcar1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hurricure

Sr Vice President of Snacking
Oct 8, 2016
Trail BC
That was a uniquely brutal goal Ned gave up. Don't know what happened.
Hrudy on the Sportsnet feed in Canada figures Ned was setting up for a high shot and Barclay flubbed it and Neds got out of sorts trying to recover...watching it again that’s what it looks like... and he missed the post with his skate...long series and he played well

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I’m not going to read anybody else’s bitching about tonight because it won’t be productive and it will surely push me off and I’ll argue the rest of the evening with you. I will just make my own general statement.

I was prepared to lose this game in many, many ways. I was espescially prepared to lose because Vasi outplayed Ned in an otherwise even game because Vasi is the best goalie on the planet. I was not prepared for the Scott Darling special however so I’m in a rage filled headspace I wasn’t prepared for.

That said, we are going to learn a lot about both this team and Ned in game 2. The team, if they are as good as we think they are should blow Tampa’s doors off in the first 10 minutes with pressure and scoring chances. Doesn’t mean they won’t get stuffed but they need to carry play to bounce back. And Ned just needs to show he’s unfazed. If he is shaky it’s going to be a tough sell to me that he’s the guy for the long haul. If he shakes it off and he plays well with no mental mistakes in game 2 it will go a long way to my expecting him as the 1A for the next 5 years or so.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Yeah, Ned has been brilliant this year, if anything it's a shame he's the goat of this particular game.

I guess svechnikov was once again bad, but I'd bet a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts he's getting shoulder surgery in the off-season. He can't get the right force on his passes and it's rammifying into the rest of his game

you might be right. A buddy of mine does PT for a minor league hockey team and says by this time of the year a bunch have shoulder issues.

Svech just needs to throw his body around though and get to the front of the net and create mayhem up front versus standing by the boards.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
It was the eephus pitch of goals. It happens. It could happen to anybody including Mrazek, Vasi or whoever you consider the greatest goalie of all time. There's no point in getting upset about it.
That goal doesn’t happen to a goalie like Vas because they are big and don’t need to stand up to get their shoulders to the corner. That goal happens because Ned is smaller and knows he needs to cheat up to stop those.

Short goalie goals happen and we just saw one.

Reactions: AD Skinner

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
That goal doesn’t happen to a goalie like Vas because they are big and don’t need to stand up to get their shoulders to the corner. That goal happens because Ned is smaller and knows he needs to cheat up to stop those.

fair point, but I didn't mean the specific physics of that particular goal so much as the idea of getting a "change up" when you least expect it. There's not a goalie who has ever played that didn't get caught off guard by something like that.

It is what it is.

I typically hate that expression but this was very much an "it is what it is" game. You just gotta keep grinding and hope your hard work pays off. Nothing much else you can do about it.

Boston the last couple years was frustrating because they're cheap and trashy and the refs allowed them to get away with everything. That's not the case with Tampa. They're just that goddamned good. All you can do is tip your hat and try to get em back next time.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007

I wonder if Tripp went on...and on...and on about it, like a few of the goals on Saros.

3CanesInTheBox

no touch my guys
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
5A8F9BED-AC23-4983-AE8A-70CCD6DA908C.jpeg

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, Ned has been brilliant this year, if anything it's a shame he's the goat of this particular game.

I guess svechnikov was once again bad, but I'd bet a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts he's getting shoulder surgery in the off-season. He can't get the right force on his passes and it's rammifying into the rest of his game

I think we may have to accept the reality that Svech is not now, nor will ever be the superstar we thought he was going to be.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I think we may have to accept the reality that Svech is not now, nor will ever be the superstar we thought he was going to be.
Is he that superstar now? No. But it is a little early to say may never be.
Teams have learned how to take him off his game and they are doing it well. Couple that with bad line decisions made by the coaches and we have a slump year.

Will he be a guy who can carry a line? Maybe not at 21 but maybe later. With some maturity to handle the crap he takes from other teams with zero care by the refs, he’ll be a PPG+ player. That is well worth a 2OA pick.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Pls Rod, let play Svech a RW.
So he can do the same move over and over and end up behind the net stuck on his backhand? He did it at least once last night which is why it doesn’t need to happen. He goes over there a few times a game regardless of which side he starts on. He is already not shooting enough and the right side leads to him shooting less because he’s going to try to go outside on the backhand every time. Even when he does get around them it’s tough to get back to the net enough to finish. With his confidence shot its even harder for him to find that perfect finish. Once out of 19 times he does finish (even when he’s on), but then he’s wasted 18 chances to get a good chance on net. It’s low percentage.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad