GDT: tblcar1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
You just can’t allow a goal like that in the 3rd period of a tie game, that was absolutely putrid. Mrazek may not be better but he’s had stretches of insanely good play and can duel Vasy. Can’t be any worse than that one Ned let in.
Mrazek is the definition of 'sink or swim'. I did not enjoy his tenure in Detroit, too stressful. He'd go from "Hasek 2.0" to "Legace 2.0" without any warning. Canes are lucky though to be deep in goalies, but hot swapping them didn't work for Florida, so even with his mistake I would ride Ned until he actually gets lit up.

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
You just can’t allow a goal like that in the 3rd period of a tie game, that was absolutely putrid. Mrazek may not be better but he’s had stretches of insanely good play and can duel Vasy. Can’t be any worse than that one Ned let in.

You don't loose your starting job to a goalie who hasn't played in 3 weeks over one bad goal.

Does Pesce get benched for hitting thep ost?
Ned can bounce back.

Reactions: Tryamw

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
You don't loose your starting job to a goalie who hasn't played in 3 weeks over one bad goal.

Does Pesce get benched for hitting thep ost?
Ned can bounce back.
You cannot piss away a game against that team Playing dominant hockey and still losing?

Reminds me of Game 1 against the Isles.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
That game is on Ned. We dominated them, didn’t allow really any great scoring chances from them and Ned f***ing choked in the 3rd period while Vasy upped his game. Put Mrazek in.

well… last one for sure was awful but first one was a re-direct. Vasi was huge for them.

My view: ineffective power play plus a couple of bad Hakanpaa plays led to both goals.

First one, he didn't tie up his man on the pass in and for the second he didn’t clear the puck out of the zone.

Bolts beat Florida the same way. Florida completely outplayed Tpa in first game with Great Vasi goal keeping plus bone headed Panther play and then played their A game in game two to effectively win the series.

I expect Tampa to play a better game two. We need to put our chances away and stay away from dumb penalties and zone mistakes.

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
What a deflating goal Ned gave up. Could be the difference of a tight series

Bad angle. It happens.

Kelly Hrudey talked about it for 5 minutes on CBC

Said Ned had the right angle but from the follow through of Goudroys stick he thought the shot was going high.

When it went low short side, he was surprised and got handcuffed

Reactions: DaveG and Tryamw

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
Mrazek is the definition of 'sink or swim'. I did not enjoy his tenure in Detroit, too stressful. He'd go from "Hasek 2.0" to "Legace 2.0" without any warning. Canes are lucky though to be deep in goalies, but hot swapping them didn't work for Florida, so even with his mistake I would ride Ned until he actually gets lit up.

I loved Legace and won't let you squander his name! Legace > Mrazek ever was in Detroit. .918 career save percentage with the wings, I never thought he was a bad goalie.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Better team didn't win tonight.

We aren't the better team. We may have played better for long stretches but Tampa is a whole other league from us.

It's like me playing all my friends at golf, beating them all and feeling good about myself, then going out and playing Phil Mickelson. Mickelson's going to stomp my ass and there's nothing I can do about it.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Welp, f*** Ned for now. I'd still stick with him, but you can't do that. Guys need to find a little more finish too but I didn't hate their play on the whole.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Svech was god awful. Team needs him to play like a difference maker.
Awful goal by Ned, but team has to put more than 1 past Vasi.
Hakanpaa will struggle this series. He's too heavy footed. Got completely exposed on the first goal.
There is not doubt that the Bolts can be beaten.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
We aren't the better team. We may have played better for long stretches but Tampa is a whole other league from us.

It's like me playing all my friends at golf, beating them all and feeling good about myself, then going out and playing Phil Mickelson. Mickelson's going to stomp my ass and there's nothing I can do about it.

I meant tonight. Stop trying to correct.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
That was a tough goal, but Ned has always shown so far that he can put things in the rearview.

I seriously doubt they go back to Mrazek, who hasn't played in weeks and also looked like complete dog shit in his last game. The calls for him after Ned let's in one bad goal is ridiculous.

You can't expect to win against any teams with regularity when you only score one goal, especially against Tampa.

If week outplay Tampa like that for the rest of the series I like our chances.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017

Nonsense. They have the better goalie and, in the playoffs, that means everything.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
I loved Legace and won't let you squander his name! Legace > Mrazek ever was in Detroit. .918 career save percentage with the wings, I never thought he was a bad goalie.
Legace of shame was never an NHL caliber goalie and if he was we'd have had additional banner raisings at the Joe. f*** him. My mom could have posted a .918 with those Wings teams he had in front of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad