GDT: tblcar1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I think we may have to accept the reality that Svech is not now, nor will ever be the superstar we thought he was going to be.
I’ve been struggling with this one all season. Makes me more curious about the coming contract. He’s a very simple player who”s not very effective when he’s lost his confidence, and is struggling to figure out what his ceiling is. It’s never been hard for him before.

I’m sure he’ll get back to previous levels once he gets his head straight and goes back to being a power forward with a great shot. He has to learn he’s not fast enough at the nhl level to beat guys one on one down the right side wide on the backhand, made worse by the fact he doesn’t have the lateral skating to cut to the middle. He’s a black hole when he’s carrying the puck on that side. He needs to either learn how to take the middle or drop the puck to someone else and drive the net without the puck. Earlier on he was great at getting shots from the left and he’s gotten away from them and lost the confidence.

Hopefully it’s just a nagging injury and he’s being slowed down. We’ll find out post season. He hasn’t been himself since his slump.

Last edited:

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
Come on y’all. Have a little faith in the team. It’s not like we were whipped like Vegas.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^
I sure hope none of them read any of this.
No body thought this would be easy.
Each and every player on this team knows where a little more effort on their part can make a difference.
They have responded to adversity every time they needed to this year.
Let's trust the process that got us here.
I will be there Tue night raising as much hell as I can muster.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I wouldn’t go that far. Nice to have a solid power forward on the team. But I don’t think he is going to be a perennial 40 goal scorer like you know, a third of Tampa’s forwards.

I hope for our sake you're completely wrong on this. BUT 40 goals and perennially, yeah I don't see it. Maybe 25-30 which would be great.

He good for at least 5 empty netter's. :)

Last edited:

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
Beautiful day at the beach here in Atlantic Beach NC!

Pondering last nights heartbreaker, we’re going to find out what this team is made of. As someone alluded to, Tampa is the type of team that can be thoroughly outplayed and still skate away with the win. That’s exactly what happened last night. Some teams would crumble after giving an effort like that to only come up short. The boys need to get back on the horse and ride hard. Game two is a must win

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I wouldn’t go that far. Nice to have a solid power forward on the team. But I don’t think he is going to be a perennial 40 goal scorer like you know, a third of Tampa’s forwards.
Agreed and again.....this makes the contract an interesting topic. He was headed for a really big number that if he’s not a 40 goal guy would be a rough contract to handle. Is the team going to fight that this is the new normal and get the number reasonable or are we going to sign him to a deal that reflects what we thought he was going to be?

We’ve been so distracted with Tripp trying to tell us Dougie isn’t worth the money we may be missing the more important contract.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Agreed and again.....this makes the contract an interesting topic. He was headed for a really big number that if he’s not a 40 goal guy would be a rough contract to handle. Is the team going to fight that this is the new normal and get the number reasonable or are we going to sign him to a deal that reflects what we thought he was going to be?

We’ve been so distracted with Tripp trying to tell us Dougie isn’t worth the money we may be missing the more important contract.

his dip this year that is almost certainly injury related is turning this into a bridge deal instead of a big ticket. Beneficial to both sides short term. He and Necas might even sign twin deals based on performance. Even when he’s hurt Svech is pretty much Erik Cole.

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad