GDT: tblcar1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Mrazek is the definition of 'sink or swim'. I did not enjoy his tenure in Detroit, too stressful. He'd go from "Hasek 2.0" to "Legace 2.0" without any warning. Canes are lucky though to be deep in goalies, but hot swapping them didn't work for Florida, so even with his mistake I would ride Ned until he actually gets lit up.

Mrazek has pretty much been exactly that here too.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
If you can't overcome a 2-1 loss in game #1, you're a mentally weak team.

They played great. Keep it up and it'll be a long series

They're far from out
Yeah I don’t disagree but these teams are so close this might be one we’ll look back on in agony. Not mutually exclusive things, but obviously a lot of hockey to play. We’ll need to steal one in Tampa like they just did here

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Not executing enough on offensive opportunities.

Ned gave up a bad goal which was the winning goal.

Power play needed to be better.

PK IMO should have been a little better so they didn't score on the power play (on the first powerplay no less).

I hope Tampa won't be another Boston for us (i.e. being a stumbling block we can't get past post-2018). We also really needed to win tonight's home game; winning as many as we can to offset trouble on the road.

*Edit* Oh, and can we stop playing behind so much and f***ing score the first goal?

Reactions: Daeavorn and Tryamw

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Nonsense. They have the better goalie and, in the playoffs, that means everything.

Look, they had almost as good a record as we did during the regular season despite not having probably the best forward on the planet, Stamkos missing half the year and Hedman hobbled half the season. They have dudes playing on their 3rd line that would be on our 1st. Tyler Johnson is on their 4th line for God sake. They are just better than us in every way possible and that's not a knock on us.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I did not like what I saw from the 1st PP. Teravainen is not a threat to score from the left half wall. It's obvious that his go to play is to return the puck to Hamilton. It disrupts the flow of a unit built on flow.

TT has to give Canes more than he has.

VT too although at least early on he played much better than he has the the last month.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Predators gave Canes fits with mostly grind and some over-the-hill (Johansen, Duchene, Forsberg) skill. The Bolts have a ton of in-their-prime skill and significant grind...and Vasilevsky. It’s gonna be tough.

However, they can do it. Not sure they can withstand a backbreaking soft goal so late in a third period...but they can do it. This is an over-the-hump series, much like the previous two seasons vs Boston. They do this, and it will be a snowball rolling downhill (in a good way) the rest of the way.

But they’ve got to do it.

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
Bad angle. It happens.
Yeah, Ned has been brilliant this year, if anything it's a shame he's the goat of this particular game.

I guess svechnikov was once again bad, but I'd bet a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts he's getting shoulder surgery in the off-season. He can't get the right force on his passes and it's rammifying into the rest of his game

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Geekie-time. They're going to need the type of goal (passing plays in tight that Vasilevskiy can't be expected to stop) that he was creating at the end of the regular season.
Just coming to say this--Paquette didn't really provide much tonight. Geekie and Lorentz had some good moments late in the season. If they can provide one goal the next few games it could make all the difference.

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
Yeah I don’t disagree but these teams are so close this might be one we’ll look back on in agony. Not mutually exclusive things, but obviously a lot of hockey to play. We’ll need to steal one in Tampa like they just did here

ROUND 1 2006

We lost to Montral 6 to 1 at home and then followed it up losing a deflating 6 to 5 game in double OT.

We were down and out and throwing in a rookie goalie to start his 1st playoff game against 20,000 Canadiens fans.

Good teams overcome adversity

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Pretty much what I was getting at. Ced is a good fill in for some of the grinders. Get Geekie in with Nino out.

I'd put Lorentz in Nino's usual spot, he can play the heavy role that McGinn is not physcially capable of doing. Make Martinook-Paquette-McGinn your 4th line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad