Confirmed Signing with Link: [TB] Tampa re-signs Stamkos 8 years, 8.5AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
No fun.

I still think New Jersey would've been better.

Tampa now has almost now money to sign all their players.
Wrong. Bishop is now trade bait. 5.9M as soon as he moves. Put Filppula (5M) in the deal to clear cap and get a few decent pieces back (Dallas I am looking at you once again). That's 10.9M saved. And then, obviously, buy out Carle. 5.5M saved.

So... we have potentially 16M that we can shed pretty easily. But, sure, we have no money.

I do agree with you still that NJ would have been better.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
A lot of Leaf fans didn't want him, and what about the Tampa fans that were calling Stamkos ****?

Nobody ever said that he was **** - only that he wasn't worth the money he was going to get. And I still feel that way and am not at all happy with this signing.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Reading through those Stammergeddon threads on the Tampa board suggested he was declining, inconsistent, liability defensively, one trick pony, tunnel vision, etc.

Now all of a sudden it's "wow" stammer is amazing omg
It's really funny to read.

This contract would be equivalent to what? 11 million in Toronto?

90% of Leaf fans didn't want Stamkos at anything above 10.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Reading through those Stammergeddon threads on the Tampa board suggested he was declining, inconsistent, liability defensively, one trick pony, tunnel vision, etc.

That is all still true and I don't get the celebration at all. I think this is a horrible signing that will cost the Lightning for years to come.

Deedog

Nov 27, 2015
Lol to all the people thinking he would get more than Toews. Toews is a winner. Stamkos is a good player.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Really great value. 8.5M for Stamkos ends up being great value. It's still a lot of money but given it seemed inevitable he was getting 10-12M, this is a much more manageable cap hit for a guy who can still potentially win a couple of Richards, or at least put up a few 40+ seasons.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida

Like reading the Leafs board it went from sure fire stammer is coming to ohhhhhh nooooooooooo he didn't sign with us I am going to boo him every time he is here...... :laugh:

sayheykid

Jun 12, 2010
I guess Stammer's uncle is full of ****.

As a Lightning fan I'm conflicted. I honestly felt like moving on was the best course for all parties, but 8.5 is probably fair.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
As a Leafs fan, I would like to say to fans that are dumping on us that I'm sorry, but I cannot hear you over the sound of the Auston Matthews hype train.

Damn. I didn't think Stamkos would come to Toronto, but I had at least hoped he'd make it to Free Agency so I had something to look forward to on my day off this Friday. Quite disappointed.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Good contract for TB and the right decision for Stamkos IMO. No matter how much TO tried to justify it, it would have been a shortcut in the rebuild if they signed him which is exactly what they said they were going to avoid this time. The end game is all I'm concerned about as a Leaf fan and I honestly believe we're better off in the long by missing out on him here. Stay the course, be patient and we'll have a team of TB's caliber in no time.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Good for Stamkos good for the Bomts.

He gave them a discount for the team to stay competitive when he could have gotten more money elsewhere.

Though as a Leaf fan I applaud Bolts management from preventing the Leafs from doing something stupid. Stamkos wasn't a good ft in Toronto, especially not for 10-+ million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad