Confirmed with Link: Taylor Hall Acquired for Adam Larsson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
It's been a very long time since we've seen a trade like this in our organization. Was it the Friesen for Sykora (and a bunch of other meh pieces like Tverdovsky) trade back in 02?

Come to think of it, you don't really see many trades like this at all around the league anymore. They're more talked about on message board proposals than ever actually coming to life anymore. And Subban and Weber were just swapped today too.
This is the biggest trade since Kovalchuk. Even Friesen for Sykora wasn't of this magnitude, because you're talking about young star players. You probably have to go back to Guerin for Arnott.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
This is the biggest trade since Kovalchuk. Even Friesen for Sykora wasn't of this magnitude, because you're talking about young star players. You probably have to go back to Guerin for Arnott.

And Arnott was considered almost a bust, not much was expected from him really, not at least what he gave us.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I will be watching Edmonton next season to see how Larsson skating holds up to the West...especially without a strong stable partner.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I'm excited to see what Henrique can do playing with Hall. It would be trite to say there is still chemistry with a linemate from juniors, but you never know.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I will be watching Edmonton next season to see how Larsson skating holds up to the West...especially without a strong stable partner.

How are you feeling about Shero now?

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Holy crap, still can't believe it and did I just see a post from Saugus. I'm so confused lol.

Wondering about our pairings now. Sevs up with Greene, bring back Shlemko with Moore, Merrill and ???

Santini is ready. Projects to a very similar player as Larsson, not as fluid a shut-down D, but more physical.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Well I didn't count Kovalchuk, since he was just a rental at the time we picked him up.

And I agree that Friesen and Sykora weren't on the level of Larsson and Hall as individual players.

And the trade that happened a few months before that one, involved us sending off a washed up McKay that was finished, Arnott and a 1st for Nieuwendyk AND Langenbrunner. So we got two pretty good pieces in that deal for a good piece a 1st round pick and a player on his last couple toes.

Guerin for Arnott is a pretty good example. To think that's been almost 20 years now.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Larsson will have a stable partner assuming nothing blows up there, he'll be paired with either Sekera or Klefbom, both of whom are good.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

He'll probably be paired with Sekera or Klefbom who aren't bad. I just hope Larsson doesn't get roasted by local press for not being an Erik Karlsson type.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Well I didn't count Kovalchuk, since he was just a rental at the time we picked him up.

And I agree that Friesen and Sykora weren't on the level of Larsson and Hall as individual players.

And the trade that happened a few months before that one, involved us sending off a washed up McKay that was finished, Arnott and a 1st for Nieuwendyk AND Langenbrunner. So we got two pretty good pieces in that deal for a good piece a 1st round pick and a player on his last couple toes.

Guerin for Arnott is a pretty good example. To think that's been almost 20 years now.
I think you're right. I'd have to compare this one to when we traded Muller for Richer - though Richer was older, or when we traded Verbeek for Turgeon.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And Arnott was considered almost a bust, not much was expected from him really, not at least what he gave us.

I guess Muller for Richer? Or, ugh, Verbeek for Turgeon.
Haha that's exactly what I'm saying, we used to see trades like this so much more in the 90's and very rarely see them anymore.

Even around the league in general, they don't happen anymore. Though we also saw one other one today and usually maybe see one every year.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
I guess Muller for Richer?

Maybe, but back then everyone had 50 goal scorers it seemed like, plus Muller was one of the most popular players in Devils history, maybe at the time the most, just not one of the most, so a lot of fans were bitter about him getting moved.

Only the Kovy trade and acquiring Stevens is where I would put the Hall trade.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
The best part of this trade is that there is a great possibility that both Henrique and Hall can be resigned when the reach UFA.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
They just gave up a top line forward that's 24 years old and averages almost a point per game for a D man that has yet to prove himself and is softer than warm butter and may have the slowest feet in the league. I could be wrong but I think Larsson is going to struggle big time in Edmonton. Not a good fit for him.
I 100% agree. I thought Larsson took a big step last year but he still struggles with his skating and doesn't have the shot to be a PP weapon. We got a dynamic forward who is 24 years old. That said both teams are better today then they were yesterday with this trade.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
How would you compare their skating. One knock on Lars was always his skating (and it is a legit one though he has definitely improved at it)

Santini's skating is better than average for a defensive-minded, physical D. Real leader on the ice, clears creases with ferocity, stands up for teammates. Rarely makes mistakes, very tough to beat one-on-one. A terrific blend of efficiency and snarl on the back-end. He's going to be very, very popular around here very, very soon.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
IMG_3072d.JPG

Feels like yesterday that I had a makeshift Taylor Hall Oilers jersey at the 2010 Draft.

IMG_4916.JPG

Feels like yesterday that I met Adam Larsson at the 2011 Draft.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
How are you feeling about Shero now?

I never really disliked him...I just don't like change and wasn't happy with how our links to the past were treated...but I blame ownership for that not Shero.

I like this move very much for many different reasons.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Maybe, but back then everyone had 50 goal scorers it seemed like, plus Muller was one of the most popular players in Devils history, maybe at the time the most, just not one of the most, so a lot of fans were bitter about him getting moved.

Only the Kovy trade and acquiring Stevens is where I would put the Hall trade.

Have to agree.

Maybe trading for Cory as well? Know it was a pick but still a big move for a big time goalie. Extra credit for happening at the Rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad