Confirmed with Link: Taylor Hall Acquired for Adam Larsson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie Jetski

Jun 25, 2004
The Oilers fans are going to eat their words when they see Larsson dominating 25+ minutes a night and winning them games.

They're talking like he's a total scrub, At least they're in for a treat for the next five years while he's locked up at a bargain price.

A good portion of the regulars there are idiots. Whenever they put their GM hats on, they believe it's a matter of how to fleece the other GM. When this trade broke through to me, it made me feel more confident that Milan Lucic is coming to Edmonton on July 1. Why would you take such a huge risk by trading Hall without an insurance policy?

Sounds to me from what I'm reading that your club has players ready to step in and you also filled an important void just like Edmonton did with this deal. Am I right?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That's clearly what Shero is thinking too. I suspect he's right, I have very high hopes for Santini, but it's still a risk. But then, a GM has to embrace risk or he'd never get anything done.

It's the risk I think you have to take if you want to move up quickly in this league without tanking.

As I do agree with you as ZBC about Zacha. Most likely the big club is where he should be but we can afford to not give him heavy minutes yet.

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
If you want to make oilers fans feel bad, show them the video of larsson getting nailed by subban.

PensFan6687

Mar 15, 2009
How's this for irony?

Wayne Gretzky some 30 years ago called the New Jersey Devils a Mickey Mouse Club after a 13-4 whipping by the Edmonton Oilers.

30 years later, it's looked as the tables have turned. :nod: :handclap: :popcorn:

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I really liked Larsson from the minute he was drafted, and I was hoping he would be a career Devil, but it is impossible not to like this trade.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
A good portion of the regulars there are idiots. Whenever they put their GM hats on, they believe it's a matter of how to fleece the other GM. When this trade broke through to me, it made me feel more confident that Milan Lucic is coming to Edmonton on July 1. Why would you take such a huge risk by trading Hall without an insurance policy?

Sounds to me from what I'm reading that your club has players ready to step in and you also filled an important void just like Edmonton did with this deal. Am I right?
We definitely filled a void at forward, that being the utter lack of gamebreaking talent in the lineup. We potentially have young players ready to fill the void that moving Larsson created, but they're not sure things by any stretch of the imagination. The two that we're going to rely heavily on are Severson (who probably just got promoted to 1st pairing) and Santini (who will likely be replacing Larsson as a PK defenseman).

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
How's this for irony?

Wayne Gretzky some 30 years ago called the New Jersey Devils a Mickey Mouse Club after a 13-4 whipping by the Edmonton Oilers.

30 years later, it's looked as the tables have turned. :nod: :handclap: :popcorn:

Didn't they sort of one up him by beating the Oilers like 10-1 sometime soon after?

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I don't think people realize just how good Santini can (and likely will) be. Will he instantly replace Larsson? No. But it's not all doom and gloom on the back end like some people are making it out to be.

A right side of Severson-Santini-Jacobs could turn out to be just fine. It hurts to lose a player I thought would be a top pairing guy for a decade but I think we'll be fine.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Well the question is how ready. We definitely have two very promising potential players on that side in Severson ad Santini but both are very young and still green.

I imagine we need to at least make a stop gap signing to avoid rushing Santini especially, but I do think we have the talent to absorb the lose back there in the long run.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
It's the risk I think you have to take if you want to move up quickly in this league without tanking.

As I do agree with you as ZBC about Zacha. Most likely the big club is where he should be but we can afford to not give him heavy minutes yet.
Yeah. I can't say this wasn't a good move. It clearly was. This is a kind of trade that we needed to make.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart

Most of us expect that Severson will take the next step soon and that Santini can eventually replace the role Larsson had but we will need to sign a stopgap until Santini is ready for sure.

NJDevils#4

Since 2002, bishes
Jul 11, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
Our offense, IMO went from not only last in the league...but one of the worst groups of 12 forwards I've ever seen to at minimum a middle of the league offense w/ potential to be even higher. In two offseasons...

Impressive.

Now, to work on the defense...

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah. I can't say this wasn't a good move. It clearly was. This is a kind of trade that we needed to make.

Outside of winning the lotto or hitting a home run with one draft pick, I'm not sure how else we get a forward this talented in here. Never mind under control for a very long time.

And I fully expected a potential Hall trade to have cost us Lars++ and why I was so against it just last night.

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
Wow. Goes to show you what Shero and crew think of Severson, Santini, and Jacobs. I expect they're going to sign a free agent D now as well though.

Agree with the general "losing Larsson is rough, but it's hard not to like this trade" sentiment. Never in a million years would I have thought getting Hall for AL straight up would be possible. Shero is a miracle worker.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think Edmonton really needed to make a move to get one of those forwards out of there and stop staying status quo for years, it never got them anywhere and it's clear that it wasn't going to if they continued on like this.

So they really needed a defenseman in there like Lars and to make a move like this in the worst kind of way.

I also feel that we really needed to make a move like this in the worst kind of way as well, although not for nearly as long as Edmonton has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad