Confirmed with Link: Taylor Hall Acquired for Adam Larsson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Our offense, IMO went from not only last in the league...but one of the worst groups of 12 forwards I've ever seen to at minimum a middle of the league offense w/ potential to be even higher. In two offseasons...

Impressive.

Now, to work on the defense...

I think if we can get the offense in the top 20, we're probably a playoff team.

But we'll still need to have to play close to the same team defense we had last year, where we're in the top 7-8 in shots against. With Cory playing most of the games and being healthy, we'll be in the top 5-6 in goals against if we're top 7-8 in shots against. Maybe even higher for least goals against.

But if we're allowing 30+ shots a night, it's logical that Cory is going to be allowing 3 goals a game more often than he did last season. He played identical in 14-15 as he did last year, it was just that he faced more shots in 14-15 and his goals against were higher because of that.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Letting this sink in and definitely a franchise changing trade.

Can't wait to hear what the talking heads at TSN and NBC have to say about this.

Edit: why is TG so grumpy about this?

PensFan6687

Mar 15, 2009
I think the tables finished turning somewhere around 1995, myself.

I am talking about when it pertains to the relationship between the two clubs. And one burning the other. The Oilers walked all over them for a game, but I think you'll settle for a franchise superstar for the next decade-plus as compensation. :)

PensFan6687

Mar 15, 2009
Didn't they sort of one up him by beating the Oilers like 10-1 sometime soon after?

You guys are no fun, you know this right? Sheesh. :P

It's like your minds are "trapped" into too much of the literal history. Get it! HA! Now don't go making a comment, we haven't played that style in a while.... C'mon people, work with me. This should be a fun time. :D

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Letting this sink in and definitely a franchise changing trade.

Can't wait to hear what the talking heads at TSN and NBC have to say about this.

It's been a very long time since we've seen a trade like this in our organization. Was it the Friesen for Sykora (and a bunch of other meh pieces like Tverdovsky) trade back in 02?

Come to think of it, you don't really see many trades like this at all around the league anymore. They're more talked about on message board proposals than ever actually coming to life anymore. And Subban and Weber were just swapped today too.

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
I didn't think TG was really being grumpy about it from the Devils perspective. Seemed more like he was pushing back against those saying the Oilers got completely fleeced, which I agree with. Larsson is underrated, Devils "win" the trade but the value is closer than many are giving it credit for.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Holy crap, still can't believe it and did I just see a post from Saugus. I'm so confused lol.

Wondering about our pairings now. Sevs up with Greene, bring back Shlemko with Moore, Merrill and ???

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I didn't think TG was really being grumpy about it from the Devils perspective. Seemed more like he was pushing back against those saying the Oilers got completely fleeced, which I agree with. Larsson is underrated, Devils "win" the trade but the value is closer than many are giving it credit for.

Because TG is grumpy about everything.

Agreed...to both :laugh:

He said what most of us had, that it was a 'win' for us but not the steal it's being portrayed as.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey

I think must have suspected he grew up a Rangers fan and also suspected he held back a lot when covering the Devils, can't piss of the fans of the team you're a beat writer for too much, but now he has no allegiance he can let his hair down.

But I'm STILL amazed too how he's being such a Debbie Downer on this.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
As far as I'm concerned we're closer to the playoffs today than we are yesterday. It's hard to replace Larsson's quality but we can get a stop-gap guy in free agency that makes it easier to swallow, and who knows maybe Severson and Santini can step up in a big way. But a player of Hall's quality is unique, hard to come by and he was a necessary addition to this team. I'm very very excited for this upcoming season.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's been a very long time since we've seen a trade like this in our organization. Was it the Friesen for Sykora (and a bunch of other meh pieces like Tverdovsky) trade back in 02?

Come to think of it, you don't really see many trades like this at all around the league anymore. They're more talked about on message board proposals than ever actually coming to life anymore. And Subban and Weber were just swapped today too.

I think it only compares with the Russian, but this trade will have a larger impact as Hall should be here for a long long time.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey

That part is not what we're talking about but how he's acting like Hall is just an good offensive forward and not the game changer that he is.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Love Larsson and wish him well but this trade had to be made if it was on the table. Exactly what we need and you better believe Shero has a big plan in place. NO ONE is safe from being traded.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Now if only we still had Urbom to fill in the hole Larsson left behind... :sarcasm: :laugh:

Give me Okposo next!

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Is it October yet?

Taylor Hall!

I think this might have been even more stunning than the Kovalchuk trade. I had to state at it for like 10 seconds while my mind tried to comprehend if it was real or another proposal.

Happy trails to Lars. Getting traded sucks, but I think he'll do well up there.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
As far as I'm concerned we're closer to the playoffs today than we are yesterday. It's hard to replace Larsson's quality but we can get a stop-gap guy in free agency that makes it easier to swallow, and who knows maybe Severson and Santini can step up in a big way. But a player of Hall's quality is unique, hard to come by and he was a necessary addition to this team. I'm very very excited for this upcoming season.

Our top 6 looks so much healthier and we have the pieces internally to fix the disaster that was our bottom 6 last year. Hall is going to make Rico look like a legit 1C.

PP shouldn't see much of any drop off now with the addition of a talent like Hall.

We just need to minimize the loss on D as best as we can though I still would like one more RW (but that is a bit greedy at this point).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad