Confirmed with Link: Tavares to Toronto (7 years, $11M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
It's funny how last week all medias kept saying they would love to have JT on their team and hope that their team can somehow make a sales pitch to JT....now that he is a Leafs, he can score but can't play defense...an okay faceoff man....average skater.....

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
An Islander fan said Lou should offersheet Nylander for 6M per as there is no way we could match up and we’d only get a 1st and a 3rd.

I swear 90% of other fans haven’t looked into our cap situation at all.

I guess Leafs would match and send big thank you flowers basket to Islanders if that is to happen. Other teams fans would scream "foul" though at Lou helping Leafs.

Reactions: PromisedLand

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
The question still remains, where does the greatest Leaf of all time Josh Leivo play?

I feel that now with many offense-no-defense or washed up forwards departing Leafs, Lievo actually has better chance to crack Leafs line up as pure offense first winger. You cannot have too many of those on the roster, but you can have some if they are surrounded with great C depth and other responsible wingers.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I’m sorry but I’m don’t understand why people are worried about the cap lol.

We have Pridham and Gilman. I’m fairly certain they have done their math properly and know the plan going ahead.

Just sit back, relax and enjoy the show. The Leafs are going deep this year.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
It's funny how last week all medias kept saying they would love to have JT on their team and hope that their team can somehow make a sales pitch to JT....now that he is a Leafs, he can score but can't play defense...an okay faceoff man....average skater.....

Yeah, he's just okay...#5 in goal scoring, #9 in points since he joined the NHL...almost a decade in the league and still at the prime of his career, playing always against the best the opposition could throw at him...yeah, I'll take some "he's just okay..."

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

Yeah. It’s pretty funny.

He’s alright. Not a big deal. Players like Tavares are so easy to get for free. He’s basically just Bozak and Stastny combined. Should have just signed those two.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
first question smh .. what a moron .. basically islanders hf board

JT is a dude. He didnt have to do this ocnference call with islanders media

Reactions: DarkKnight

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I love how everyone is so concerned about our cap as well. Yet SJ and Pittsburgh (before that Chicago) are geniuses for their ability to manage it and even make room for the star players that keep them league elite.
Brilliant moves trading Orpik and Grubs to sign Carlson.
Yet we’re sunk. Oh well.

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto

We have Pridham and Gilman. I’m fairly certain they have done their math properly and know the plan going ahead.

Great positive attitude! This man gets it! :)

Reactions: Superstar

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
I love how everyone is so concerned about our cap as well. Yet SJ and Pittsburgh (before that Chicago) are geniuses for their ability to manage it and even make room for the star players that keep them league elite.
Brilliant moves trading Orpik and Grubs to sign Carlson.
Yet we’re sunk. Oh well.

And to those who wants to trade Nylander for D help...I have a question - who's going to play with Matthews? (Please don't say Marleau who will probably retire in a couple of years).

Reactions: saffronleaf

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC

I've been saying the same thing. Dubas, Pridham and company have this all planned out and every angle thought of and covered. They laid it out to JT in the interview with him.

Not to mention I don't think there is another person who knows the CBA better then BP. He wrote it after all.

Reminds me of my high school law teacher. He knew everything because he actually wrote the textbook.

We just have to be patient and enjoy the ride to the cup.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
who do you guys want to see play on Tavares' wings? I'd go with Johnsson and Nylander myself. Nylander is a zone-entry wizard which I think is one of the less impressive parts of Tavares' game, so they'd mesh well with that. he's also great at making plays while Tavares can go to the net. Johnsson is a speed demon who can do pretty much anything Tavares needs, and is arguably our most talented LWer

Reactions: saffronleaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad