Tank Thread and Tanking GDT XIX: Tankception (BUF @ CBJ)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrankyJay

May 17, 2006
Lancaster, NY
I don't usually agree with Schopp, but he put it best today. It would be outrageous if Buffalo did not lose in regulation this weekend. There's simply nothing to gain to go out of their way for to win.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
CBJ denied on their 1st attempt, cycle and come back to it and score. 2-0 Blue Jackets. If they play like this against us Friday, it'd be great for us

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Though, the Blue Jackets PK is a bit over aggressive, giving Toronto a couple opportunities

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Dano with a sweet pass and Hartnell finishes it, 3-0 CBJ.

Now save some of this for Friday please

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
A healthy CBJ team is gonna be a sweet team next year. Wouldn't be surprised if they make a Nashville-like rebound

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
I don't usually agree with Schopp, but he put it best today. It would be outrageous if Buffalo did not lose in regulation this weekend. There's simply nothing to gain to go out of their way for to win.

Unfortunately, I don't agree.

For the players, there is something. No player wants to be the worst team. Anyone who has played competitive sports will get that.

It sucks (for us), but that's the way it is.

That said, we're playing 2 teams who should beat us soundly.

BCS

Feb 18, 2008
Now Columbus can magically forget how to score Friday. Perfect timing.

CrankyJay

May 17, 2006
Lancaster, NY

For the players, there is something. No player wants to be the worst team. Anyone who has played competitive sports will get that.

It's absolutely meaningless in the grand scheme of things. The guys who will still be on this team are only hurting themselves for years to come. These guys are just hired players, people need to stop imagining there is some code in which they need to end the season with some honor.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
It's absolutely meaningless in the grand scheme of things. The guys who will still be on this team are only hurting themselves for years to come. These guys are just hired players, people need to stop imagining there is some code in which they need to end the season with some honor.

No players want to finish on the last place team. And not one of them cares about some kid. The players aren't a part of this.

How do people not get this by now?

That's the unspoken deal. We want them to lose, and we accept TM stacked the deck against them. And we accept the players will play their hardest. The chips will fall where they will.

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
i said it in the last thread, but what columbus is doing to the leafs is exactly the sort of game i'd like to see friday. i want a merciful ending to this saga. if the sabres are tied or within striking distance going into the last 10 minutes of the game, i'm going to have an actual heart attack. i can't take any more games like that this season, thanks

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
i said it in the last thread, but what columbus is doing to the leafs is exactly the sort of game i'd like to see friday. i want a merciful ending to this saga. if the sabres are tied or within striking distance going into the last 10 minutes of the game, i'm going to have an actual heart attack. i can't take any more games like that this season, thanks
You can usually tell within the first 20 minutes if Buffalo is picking up any points or not in a game. I just want Columbus to score 1st. Buffalo scores 1st in games far too often now and they have a miserable record when they don't.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY

Unfortunately we are not the Leafs and will show up. Everyone is sick of the tank. Please guys just get drubbed Friday.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
If we win against Columbus I think it's over for 30th. Pittsburgh has been awful, I don't trust them. Only beat Coyotes and Sharks in last 8.

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
Unfortunately we are not the Leafs and will show up. Everyone is sick of the tank. Please guys just get drubbed Friday.

it's insane to me that this team hasn't been completely stomped into the ground since march 7th vs the caps. i do not understand how a team this bad finds itself in a position to gain points on such a consistent basis

i hate u nolan

BornBuffaloFan

Nov 30, 2014
I'd say Columbus is just playing for fun now. They're on a great win streak and want to finish on a high note. I'd guess most Sabres just want the year to be over already.

this is true but we are at the point of the season that players are in fear of injury late in a pintless season

BornBuffaloFan

Nov 30, 2014

I disagree... the players play for us. Not themselves. we buy tickets. We pay their salary

BornBuffaloFan

Nov 30, 2014

i alwy agree with him... he is a pessimist liek myself

:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad