Tank Thread and Tanking GDT XIX: Tankception (BUF @ CBJ)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
So say LA misses the playoffs (fairly likely, but not certain yet) and they win the lottery. Will people be enraged? I'm just curious, because I have a feeling the league would be lit on fire for something like that.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
So say LA misses the playoffs (fairly likely, but not certain yet) and they win the lottery. Will people be enraged? I'm just curious, because I have a feeling the league would be lit on fire for something like that.

I wouldn't be. Sure, a good team from the last few years would have it's stay at the top extended, but it doesn't directly affect the Sabres much.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Im having a TOUGH time making it through this week , I cant even imagine next week if were 29th.

This needs to end for my sanity and my sleep patterns. My girlfriend hates me right now. Oh, hey, you want to talk about your day? Well, too bad. I want to complain about Shane Doan and then scream at my TV until 12:30 a.m. instead.

Bps21*

If we finish 30 I don't give a **** who would win the lottery. Toronto? Great. Edmonton again? Super. Arizona? Cool. Carolina? ... ... Alright I hate carolina...but fine.

One team gets to draft 1 out of pure fluke random luck. Do you see the effort that has to go into securing top two? If we get that done...it will feel like the accomplishment that it is. Drafting 1 takes nothing.

HP00

Oct 27, 2007
Buffalo, NY

Hell I'd welcome it, it would prove to people how dumb the lottery system is currently

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011

I'd laugh my ass off. I'd want this years stanley cup champs and the loser to barely miss the playoffs next year and win the top two pics next year and watch all the GMs burst a blood vessel.

lou955

Apr 5, 2015
Buffalo hasn't scored all year-- until now. I believe they've scored 3 or more goals in 7 of the last 8 games. All games have been tight of late (even Colorado got a bit tense in the 3rd).
Nolan's us against the world mantra has them fighting to the end every game.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Buffalo hasn't scored all year-- until now. I believe they've scored 3 or more goals in 7 of the last 8 games. All games have been tight of late (even Colorado got a bit tense in the 3rd).

It really is astounding... Alot of it is just puck luck. That Grigs goal was a weak*** wrist shot from 20 feet. It's the most easy save a goalie can make. There has been quite a bit of deflections that go in favor of the Sabres as well though. I hope the puck luck ends Friday.

RecycledEichel

Out with the old...
Oct 19, 2013
Raleigh
I can't wait for that juicy Crosby turn over in the final seconds of the pens game that kaleta takes and scores to finish his hat trick, giving buffalo a 3-2 win, finishing the season 1 0 1 and raising that 29th place banner.

We can then have another reason to hate Crosby

You mean what happened just last night? Lol

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Buffalo's scoring went up a while ago. Before Josh Gorges was injured they scored at roughly 1.6 G/Game. Since then its up to 2.2 G/Game. Opening a spot for Risto on the PP certainly helps as does getting rid of a guy like Stewart who was a turnover machine.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
Buffalo's scoring went up a while ago. Before Josh Gorges was injured they scored at roughly 1.6 G/Game. Since then its up to 2.2 G/Game. Opening a spot for Risto on the PP certainly helps as does getting rid of a guy like Stewart who was a turnover machine.

I keep forgetting Josh Gorges is even on the Sabres.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
Lots of people will be angry lol.. For one thing the league says it will air tape of the lottery, but... they own their own Network and replay the same crap all day and night..

someone there has to have a brain enough to think WTF why not live :help:

Bps21*

When they announced they would air a tape of them previously running the lottery later...the first thing that pops in the head is "man they're going to do something extra ****ing wacky this time". Like the Cavs winning against all odds the same year that Lebron was going to return to give them more ammo. Something extra stupid is going to happen this time

Bps21*

I wish I could bet vcash on whether or not Arizona will get a powerplay tomorrow. As it is I've turned 500 into nearly 4000 just making 3 bets on the opposite of what we want to happen in the last week. Hoping to lose it all tomorrow. Take my fake money hockey gods.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Luckily, Columbus is getting slightly healthy now. Murray will most likely be playing Friday, and Jenner and Calvert are back. As long as they start Bob in net, I'll feel better about that game.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Schopp had a lot of good things to say about the last two games on today's show - IMO. Basically - he was saying that he hopes the players realize that they have proven their point - that they are not quitters and want to compete and win every game. He said he hoped, with nothing to prove, that they might realize that it is best for the organization, in some cases for their own futures and ultimately for the fans and the team's relationship with the fans over the next few years if they just sort of go through the motions on Friday against Columbus. He feared that should this go on to Saturday - the arena could get very ugly - something I agree with.

Can you imagine how the fans will be for the next several years if the Sabres miss out on McEichel because of some Quixotic quest for 29? It's going to be ugly for sure Saturday and on to the next few years.

BornBuffaloFan

Nov 30, 2014
Luckily, Columbus is getting slightly healthy now. Murray will most likely be playing Friday, and Jenner and Calvert are back. As long as they start Bob in net, I'll feel better about that game.

the fact we have beaten some of the best teams in the league (maybe bc they play down to us), anything can happen

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Schopp had a lot of good things to say about the last two games on today's show - IMO. Basically - he was saying that he hopes the players realize that they have proven their point - that they are not quitters and want to compete and win every game. He said he hoped, with nothing to prove, that they might realize that it is best for the organization, in some cases for their own futures and ultimately for the fans and the team's relationship with the fans over the next few years if they just sort of go through the motions on Friday against Columbus. He feared that should this go on to Saturday - the arena could get very ugly - something I agree with.

Can you imagine how the fans will be for the next several years if the Sabres miss out on McEichel because of some Quixotic quest for 29? It's going to be ugly for sure Saturday and on to the next few years.
All wishful thinking.

They looked completely beaten down after the Chicago game and if not for Cam Ward they lose against Carolina.

Eram

Jul 21, 2013
San Francisco, CA
the fact we have beaten some of the best teams in the league (maybe bc they play down to us), anything can happen

I'd say Columbus is just playing for fun now. They're on a great win streak and want to finish on a high note. I'd guess most Sabres just want the year to be over already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad