Tank Thread and Tanking GDT XIX: Tankception (BUF @ CBJ)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroPT*

Same people telling us we got this in the bag now are the same that told us back in December how awful we were and those November December wins were good for the team and was great to see "progress" .. Don't worry they said... we'll finish 30th by a mile they said.

Yeup.
And that was the case. Remember when this team was like 9 points behind Edmonton? No one can predict Nolan/players getting their jimmies rustled. There were certain people (like myself) that seeing our young players carry the team was cool to see. What I and most also knew was that it was unsustainable and that they'd soon plummet back down, which happened.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Ok, don't freak out when I suggest this in a radical quest for an adrenalin rush:

Part of me would like to see the Sabres beat CBJ tonight, just because it is so unlikely AND because it would set the stage for tomorrow----a day that may go down as one of THE most adrenalin-fueled days in Buffalo sports history!

Can anybody appreciate that scenario---even a little?

Not even a little. Were facing a red hot team on the road, on their fan appreciation night. This all ends tonight.

Sabres fans will get to cheer on their fan appreciation night as the team will already have locked up 30th.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
And that was the case. Remember when this team was like 9 points behind Edmonton? No one can predict Nolan/players getting their jimmies rustled. There were certain people (like myself) that seeing our young players carry the team was cool to see. What I and most also knew was that it was unsustainable and that they'd soon plummet back down, which happened.

And some of us knew the danger coming in Arizona. Whether we make it or not the "streak" was bad for business...making us stress right up until the final bell.

Bps21*

What's past is prologue.

The only things that will matter if we blow it is what happens this weekend.

ZeroPT*

And some of us knew the danger coming in Arizona. Whether we make it or not the "streak" was bad for business...making us stress right up until the final bell.
That's totally fair. Looking back, yeah I'd like 1 loss then so we can have this nightmare end. I definitely agree with that.
Maybe its just my inner fanboy but watching Myers dominate for 30 minutes while dragging around Tyson Strachan and MGE beast and feast really got me excited for the future. A loss tonight and its truly the best of both worlds :yo:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
CBJ are hot and on a winning streak ? Sabres will beat them.

Crosby and the Pens have owned Buffalo for a long time and always beat them? Sabres will beat them.

Hello 29th! Ooh Ahh Sabres on a warpath! Were gonna win that cup! Hockey Heaven Baby! Murray Rules! Better days! Girgs is Zemgod!

Please never change.

What's past is prologue.

The only things that will matter if we blow it is what happens this weekend.

54792532.jpg

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I'm certain we'll all conduct ourselves tonight like the adults that we are, and we'll stay cool if the team faces adversity.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton

We still in last doe bruh. We all up in that last place puzz bruh. Enjoy bruh.

There is not enough alcohol in the world for this game tonight :cheers:

Hull run ftb, yeeaahhh buddy. I'm ready for this one, this is the night.:yo::cheers:
What's everyone drinking tonight!

Yo everybody, lets do it, lets touch god this time boys, lets touch god.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I'm certain we'll all conduct ourselves tonight like the adults that we are, and we'll stay cool if the team faces adversity.

Buffalo loses and it will be a party. Buffalo wins and I think we might see the guys who already broke open the champagne get an ear full.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I said it before the first Arizona game, fire Nolan now. We'd already have 30th locked up....

Why is it so hard to be a Buffalo fan....

Nolan has nothing to do with it. How many games do you expect to win getting out shot by 30?The Sabres are one of the worst teams in NHL history this season. The team is terrible. Nolan hasn't inspired anything.

sand1138man

Apr 25, 2007
If we do not win this game tonight, tomorrow we will be playing pittsburg who is all over the map, and the FNC will be an outrage (rightfully so)....with the Bills becoming a hopeful team, and the city becoming a hopeful city, this would be disastrous to the city to lose tonight. I know we technically still have 2 more chances but the arizona has no chance, and the pittsburg game will turn the fans against the players, winning this game brings us from 80 percent to like 50, winning tomorrow brings us from 50 percent like for percent.

win = lose......it's so confusing....sorry....I hope you guys can forgive my gramatical errors......i'm used to positive = winning, negative = losing......

Listening to WGR people are calling in will shaking voices of how nervous they are. I think I have never wanted something more in my entire sports life than a regulation loss tonight.........

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
So of course I'm leaving the country for two weeks this afternoon. No telling if I'll even be able to tell how this adventure goes until I'm back!

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Enough wins to be a hair from 29th apparently.

In a rare year there are 2 elite prospects there are 2 historically bad hockey teams. Probably no coincidence.

The only frustrating thing about some of our wins is that we were thoroughly outplayed in many of them.

mattyvan

Feb 25, 2014
I can't watch tonight because I have a fancy date night. When I check my phone to see that Ellis scored three minutes into the game, my girlfriend might leave me. I might also get kicked out of the restaurant. Please, Sabres. I don't want that.

If you want I can take your girlfriend out to dinner, that way you can watch the game.

I am just a nice guy like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad