GDT: Tampa Bay @ Carolina: One Last Monster Mash

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakepliskin

Jan 27, 2005
Wilmington NC
lazy-soft-weak-young= another top 5 pick

start the engine on the TANK!

i do not see very many guys that WANT to be a part of the solution for this franchise!

both staals OVERRATED

either half the lineup is hurt OR JUST FREAKKIN LAZY!

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
This is embarrassing. Muller needs to healthy scratch a Staal, or both Staals. Give letters to the kids.

If that doesn't work, fire him. If that does't work, fire JR. And then sell the old guys and rebuild around the kids.

This market in a "Buffalo style" rebuild? Hmmm...not seeing it.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
Eric's captaincy should be on the table. He does the same **** year after year and each year, he insists it's going to be different.

And it never is. If that's what it takes to get his head out of his ass, it needs to be done.

I agree. Hell, I'd trade him and Jordan in the offseason if this keeps up. Total freaking rebuild.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
The team couldn't score in the second half of last season, either, something that is forgotten largely because of the "Ward's injury killed our season" narrative pushed by the Cam Ward Fan Club.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I'd never have imagined a week ago that Peters would have kept us in every game he started, yet we'd still be winless.

Honestly, the netminder discussions seem silly now. This team's problems are FAR worse than who's starting in net.

It's because the team has the mental fragility of an infant. Lead by our Captain poutyface. Oh Ward's out? Season's toast. We're ****ed. Oh well. There's always next season!

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Good to hear some boos

Seriously. This is the first time in awhile I've been this mad, like actually angry, at this team. I go to an engineering school, and I'm taking 4 labs this semester. Taking time (and money, with GCL, which I suppose isn't season tickets, but certainly is a chuck of cash for me) out of my schedule to support this team isn't the "time killer" it once was, I don't have much free time and I give a bunch of it to this team. Video games have stopped, non-sports TV has stopped with the exception of an episode of Parks and Rec a week, I give what free time I have to this team.

Basically, without trying to be all "woe is me," I'm invested in this team, even more so than before. And for once, I'd like them to play to their talent level. ONCE. Since 2006 they haven't done that ONCE.

I'm pissed off. I've always wondered if I'll be a Canes fan for life, or I'll kind of grow out of it as I get older. And I had picked Canes fan for life. But if the next five years are like the last, as the standings are concerned, that may change.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
This market in a "Buffalo style" rebuild? Hmmm...not seeing it.

The Canes have been hot garbage the last few years and the fans have stuck through it. Rebuilding for a few more will not kill them.

This is the same franchise that had to play in Greensboro.

The "You can't do a rebuild in X market cause fans will quit the team" is such a lame excuse.

Zezima

Jul 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I think most of you are overreacting about tonight's performance and honestly think that rocky's infamous systematic critique is a part of the problem. Our offense sacrifices itself for improved defense, it really isn't that hard to understand. But I'm not blaming our production on any one thing, that's naive. There are multiple cogs in our machinery that aren't functioning properly, from Tim Gleason sucking since 2010 yet still in JR's favor to Jordan Staal being generally awful offensively this year.

Do you guys really think the problems are as simple as the Staal bros not performing? I view it as more of organizational failure than anything. A combination of factors contribute to the on-ice performance. One that is ultimately lead by the head and only really begins to change once JR is fired/resigns.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
The ****ers barely even put up a fight. It's the same narrative with this team every season.

I don't know what it is, but there has to be a major shakeup somewhere on this team.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I think most of you are overreacting about tonight's performance and honestly think that rocky's infamous systematic critique is a part of the problem. Our offense sacrifices itself for improved defense, it really isn't that hard to understand. But I'm not blaming our production on any one thing, that's naive. There are multiple cogs in our machinery that aren't functioning properly, from Tim Gleason sucking since 2010 yet still in JR's favor to Jordan Staal being generally awful offensively this year.

Do you guys really think the problems are as simple as the Staal bros not performing? I view it as more of organizational failure than anything. A combination of factors contribute to the on-ice performance. One that is ultimately lead by the head and only really begins to change once JR is fired/resigns.

I think you put way too much stock in the influence of a GM on on-ice performance.

This team has the players. They're just playing like ass. No other way to say it.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Tonight was rough, but it's not the end of the world. They win the next 3 or 4 and we won't even remember it.

Not that I'm holding my breath.

Standard early estaal woes, jstaal is a no show offensively. Two or our three best forwards can't buy beer and one of them isn't a forward. Glad to see semin look more comfortable with the puck though, we need him to blow up.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

Yes, it's as simple as the Staal brothers not performing.

If your top two centers aren't performing ANYWHERE NEAR expectations, you're not going to win many games. If your captain and one of your alternates decide to halfass shift after shift, what message is that sending the rest of the team?

There's too much talent to be that ineffective, game after game. And more importantly, the organization has invested too much into those two for them to be that ineffective, game after game.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Was planning on watching this one, but got stuck at work. Watching this game probably would have made my night worse.

So how did Malholtra look?

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Maybe they can trade Eric for John Cullen and Zarley Zalapski after they strip him of the captaincy. Ppt hen they can move back to Hartford. Circle complete.

Zezima

Jul 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
You're probably right. I diagnose our main offensive problem as inability to move the puck in the neutral zone/sustain offensive attacks. That has a lot to do with production from the C position, and behind the two Staals you're not getting a lot of that from Riley Nash or whoever is our 4C for the night.

I think the loss of Pitkanen threw Kirk off, and under his 5 forwards playing back system made our lack of puck moving D much more visible. On top of this you have the Staals underperforming and here we are tonight.

The solution is obvious. Further incentivize the Staal bros by trading injury-ridden Skinner for Marc Staal and call up Jared to lessen Jordan's defensive burdens.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Eric Staal - $8,250,000
8 points, -10, 18 PIM

Alexander Semin - $7,000,000
7 points, -5

Jordan Staal - $6,000,000
3 points

Tuomo Ruutu - $4,750,000
2 points