Tage Thompson is a superstar

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Much better problem to have than lacking elite top end talent…hopefully the Sabres get the depth they need.It’s a tougher situation than a team that has a lackluster core without a high ceiling. I won’t name names.

Anyways, lame attempt at trying to pump up the Islanders because Thompson slowed down the stretch when he was injured. Hope it made you feel better!
I'll still pump them up because the Sabres still lack a good backend. You can't keep running Power and Dahlin out there expecting them to do all the work.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
I'll still pump them up because the Sabres still lack a good backend. You can't keep running Power and Dahlin out there expecting them to do all the work.
You literally avoided mentioning Samuelsson, you know their best defensive D?

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Okay? Did you just wake up angry at Buffalo or something? You are just throwing darts at this point. Islanders should have won against Carolina.
Im not mad at Buffalo: I'm mad at the insane amount of praise they're getting for a 10th place finish that could've been better from a failed March.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Im not mad at Buffalo: I'm mad at the insane amount of praise they're getting for a 10th place finish that could've been better from a failed March.
This is a Thompson thread. Have you watched him play Hockey? Have you seen his top tier one timers? Where he dekes through entire defenses? Pick a team and I will find you a bad stretch of Hockey.

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
So we need a thread for every superstar now? Where are the threads about McDavid being a superstar, Tkachuk being a superstar, Kaprizov being a superstar, etc? Sabres fan desperate for attention I guess.

They're too busy quietly burning down villages I think

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
He was never that good to begin with. This place tend to massively overrate big bodies. Had a career year last year. Between 60-70 pts is where he should remain for the next few years.

Reactions: cupface52

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
So what happened here? Did teams figure his game out?

He's having a Kuzmenko-type regression.
He had to wear a brace on his hand for 4 weeks, the powerplay has been atrocious, and he is shooting at an unsustainable Low rate (6% lower than the last two seasons). He is still getting chances and they will start to go in again eventually. He isn't a 95-100 point player, but for sure he should settle in around the point per game range.

Reactions: wintersej

snag

Feb 22, 2014
WELL DON'T I FEEL STUPID
As long as your willing to admit it.gif

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
He has all the skill in the world, the production and effort level from him this year is unacceptable though and I don't see him or buffalo as a team in general being talked about at all in the media outside of buffalo itself.

This should be a much better team with tage leading the way. They need a new coach to start with who has them play with some defensive structure but even that seems impossible for them.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
He had to wear a brace on his hand for 4 weeks, the powerplay has been atrocious, and he is shooting at an unsustainable Low rate (6% lower than the last two seasons). He is still getting chances and they will start to go in again eventually. He isn't a 95-100 point player, but for sure he should settle in around the point per game range.

The 10% is a lot more likely to be closer to his shooting percentage going forward than the 15-16%

Reactions: cupface52

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad