Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Vegas Claim & Somehow Assign Lavoie to Farm... because Oilers.

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
If the Oilers have a playoff spot locked up and are playing against an opponent that is fighting for a spot with Vegas, Blues or Colorado, we need to run the crappiest roster possible in those games.
100% I would love a nice cushion and then depending on whats left, just ice some crap rosters if it directly influences some of these teams outcome

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Our owner and management have no spine. Screwed by Vegas and collusion with another team. What joke.
At what point does the "spirit of the rule" come to play? They screwed over Jersey with that on the Kovalchuk extension. There is no way what happened with Lavoie was what the rule was meant for.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Colorado claimed Kappo today. There is no conspiracy.

C0B2E04E-2DC1-4B12-A0E0-EB9B983F6081.gif

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Colorado claimed Kappo today. There is no conspiracy.
That's a goalie though.

But I agree there's no conspiracy. It's just a gamble Vegas took, and it's not like there was a scenario that cost them anything so it just makes sense

I hope maybe how pathetic our prospect pool is will make us a prime destination for prospect UFAs from college or the KHL or wherever

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
So Gregor had Craig Button on his show on the drive home. He told Craig that he thought Colorado put in the claim the first time but then decided not to the 2nd time when they saw Kahkonen. He thought fans are crazy of they thought it was some sort of back door deal. So he asked Craig and his response was surprising.

Button said that lots of stuff happens behind closed doors and after hours. He said he wouldn't rule it out and that it happens. Button even went on to say he's done it.

Apparently he was able to acquire Dean McAmmond for cheap because of it.

He even said that teams trade information and help each other out knowing that those gms owe them one.

oilers4life5

Nov 6, 2007
City of Champions
So Gregor had Craig Button on his show on the drive home. He told Craig that he thought Colorado put in the claim the first time but then decided not to the 2nd time when they saw Kahkonen. He thought fans are crazy of they thought it was some sort of back door deal. So he asked Craig and his response was surprising.

Button said that lots of stuff happens behind closed doors and after hours. He said he wouldn't rule it out and that it happens. Button even went on to say he's done it.

He even said that teams trade information and help each other out knowing that those gms owe them one.
People who think otherwise are fools.

Reactions: McDoused

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011

Wouldn't surprise me, both are pretty scummy orgs

Reactions: McDoused

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I don't really like the "victim" mentality on losing Lavioe to vegas, its the same thing with the Holloway/Broberg offersheets

its a dog eat dog league, why should any franchise give oilers breathing space in cap or a roster spot with Lavioe, everyone is fighting for the stanley cup on and off the ice and even the non-playoff teams will scratch and claw

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I don't really like the "victim" mentality on losing Lavioe to vegas, its the same thing with the Holloway/Broberg offersheets

its a dog eat dog league, why should any franchise give oilers breathing space in cap or a roster spot with Lavioe, everyone is fighting for the stanley cup on and off the ice and even the non-playoff teams will scratch and claw
Yes but lots of teams put prospects on waivers, and this doesn't happen. There's no foolish way to put a player on waivers that makes you susceptible to it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad