Suspended: Spezza 6 games (Reduced to 4 games) | Pionk 2 games

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The league assigned the two worst refereeing teams to that pair of Leafs' road games. It was almost like a targeted hit from the NHL front office.

At this point Shanny is going to have to drop the gloves on George Parros. Seems like he’s got an ax to grind from receiving his career ender from Colton Orr… the NHL is just an unprofessional house league.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Pathetic DoPs run by a career goon who protects goon plays. Don't tell me about Princeton, OK? Pionk dove for the puck last second.

I just picture John Bellushi crushing beer cans on his forehead a la Animal House when the words “Parros” and “Princeton” are mentioned in the same sentence.

Have we seen a dumber league than one that’s constantly trying to undermine and humiliate the franchise that actually makes money?

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Pionk gets 1 game and Spezza gets 6 is my guess, no I don't think that's right but I've seen this movie before.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
League will give Spezza a few more games than he deserves to shift the conversation from their incompetence to the suspension. League has made it very clear for years what their priorities are, and it's never been player safety.

Reactions: Lumberg

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
What was Simmonds fined for exactly? Starting a couple of fights which are allowed and typically punished by a five minute penalty? What was Marcus Foligno punishment for jumping off a bench or Logan Stanley being third man into a fight? If I were upper Leaf management I would be asking the league some tough questions about their on ice treatment of Simmonds and off ice “discipline.” Something doesn’t pass the smell test.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
So apparently there were two suspendable acts in this game and the refs missed them both.

way to go, refs.

Reactions: supermann_98

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
What a joke of a league.

Spezza getting a longer suspension that the rat Pionk is trash.

f*** parros.

I mean you can't knee a dude in the head lol, doesn't matter who "started" it. Fixing a knee injury is like, carpentry. Fixing a head injury can be impossible.

That said I really don't give a shit. If I had the money I'd cut Spezza a check for the missed income myself. You don't have regard for another player's safety I don't have any regards for yours. f*** off with that garbage. Pionk can get bent.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Pionk gets 1 game and Spezza gets 6 is my guess, no I don't think that's right but I've seen this movie before.

Pionk should get the Edler suspension for kneeing Hyman and maybe more for being suspended last year for the late headshot on Marner. Spezza should not get more than 3 IMO.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
I actually cannot understand why Spezza is getting a minimum of 5 games, equivalent to Lemieux's two chomps. Pionk had clearly stuck out the leg (...intent?). Spezza hit the chest (unless there is a different angle).
They actually can give less, it's just that they can't give more if they don't offer the in person hearing

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
It was a dirty hit by Spezza, deserves a suspension.

Ill take that suspension everyday of the week.

The end result of the hit was questionable, but I don't think Spezza expected Pionk to fall to the ice as he was going for the hit...meanwhile Pionk purposely stuck out his knee on Sandin, otherwise Sandin would have embarrassed him with the deke.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Spezza hit was dirty - targeting a falling player - but the knee look incidental. To me, he misjudged where he'd be when they hit and was intending to hit with his hip.

Unfortunately for Jason, I think if you foul a player (head shot, knee, etc.) while in the commission of a dirty (illegal) play, the "unintentional" (in this case knee) kind of gets taken out of the equation.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Refs lost the game simple. Are they being fined or suspended?

Why is it always the players faults for taking matters into their own hands. If Refs did their job, none of these suspensions are happening.

Dubois got away for rag dolling Matthews, actually got a penalty but Matthews did as well. For what I have no clue.

Pionk gets away with a 5 minute major penalty for kneeing Sandin.

Spezza gets away with checking Pionk while on the ice.

Stanley gets away with being 3rd man in on a fight.

Refs after all of this, step in and stop all fights or attempts by Simmonds to take matters into his own hands.

And all these players just did what the refs refused to do or let happen.

Next game between these 2 will not be pretty.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Keefe liking this tweet :laugh:

jh0no4et1y381.png

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
The end result of the hit was questionable, but I don't think Spezza expected Pionk to fall to the ice as he was going for the hit...meanwhile Pionk purposely stuck out his knee on Sandin, otherwise Sandin would have embarrassed him with the deke.
disagree completely, go watch the replay, spezza saw him down and pushed his knee out after, he had his eyes firmly on pionk when down. he was seeing red since the hit on sandin and decided to take it into his own hands since the refs didnt do anything about it.. love spezza and the dude isnt known for this so he gets a bit of the benefit of the doubt from me but that was 100% intentional in my eyes.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON

No surprise I didn't know it was the same incompetent ref, but losing control on the game and abruptly deciding to ignore physical infractions after calling weak hooks and holds in the first immediately reminded me of that game. Kind of OT but that's why I didn't have a major issue with what transpired in retaliation in that series.

The decision to ignore blatant cheapshots and then the hurry to prevent players handling it themselves is very curious.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Refs lost the game simple. Are they being fined or suspended?

Why is it always the players faults for taking matters into their own hands. If Refs did their job, none of these suspensions are happening.

Dubois got away for rag dolling Matthews, actually got a penalty but Matthews did as well. For what I have no clue.

Pionk gets away with a 5 minute major penalty for kneeing Sandin.

Spezza gets away with checking Pionk while on the ice.

Stanley gets away with being 3rd man in on a fight.

Refs after all of this, step in and stop all fights or attempts by Simmonds to take matters into his own hands.

And all these players just did what the refs refused to do or let happen.

Next game between these 2 will not be pretty.
refs should be suspendable too. i dont believe there is any bias against the leafs, but incompetence with officials can be equally dangerous as what the players do to each during a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad