Transfer: Summer transfers rumors and bickering

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Because every club could use a player like him. Only two teams that I think he wouldn’t start for are City/Liverpool. Even then though they could both use him as an option off the bench and starting some games.
We're talking about Dahoud? He hasn't exactly been getting rave reviews in Dortmund. Not sure why he'd go from the bench there to starting at every team not named City/Liverpool, especially if he has low football IQ as mentioned above.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
We're talking about Dahoud? He hasn't exactly been getting rave reviews in Dortmund. Not sure why he'd go from the bench there to starting at every team not named City/Liverpool, especially if he has low football IQ as mentioned above.
Didn’t say every team but Chelsea/United/Spurs/Arsenal all need a B2B mid. Maybe not starting right away but eventually I could see starting for sure. Yes somethings need to go right. Yes it could go all wrong. Yes I would much rather Ndombele but if that doesn’t work then I could see Dahoud coming in a fitting in well.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I remember when Dahoud was a top 5 (10?) midfielder on this board. Those were fun times.
Everyone has their favourites.

I once thought Ibe could be on the same level as or better than Sterling. Young players are interesting, not only because of their talents and mentalities but also because you often see what you want to see and ignore the faults or environment if you want them to be good.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Does Umtiti get sold with this move?
Under no circumstances.

Why would Barca sell their best defenseman?

Pique is on another level right now I'd say but Umiti has more than proven his worth. He stays healthy than his spot should be guaranteed. Im not even certain why Barca is after De ligt. Pique can't be benched and Sam is one of the best sooo.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015

They're going to play 3 at the back?

Just asking because paper talk is Umtiti isn't as healthy as Barca likes apparently so they can cash in on him to use towards De Ligt.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Hell no. Umtiti and De Ligt is literally as good of a CB pairing as you can get long term. Plus pique can “ease” De Ligt in(not that he needs much of that) over the next season while he gets used to the team and system.

Or, I’m not sure Barca would do this but you could go 3 at the back and basically have 3 of the 10 best CB’s in the world while doing so.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
They don't really need any more defenders considering Pique's form and Lenglet's strong development, but De Ligt is a talent that's hard to pass up.

Just read Barcelona's first bid for Jovic is going to be 50M, Eintracht wants 65-70M. They want to finish up all of these new signings early in the summer, and I imagine they'll be busy with selling quite a few players afterwards.

Reactions: les Habs

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Hell no. Umtiti and De Ligt is literally as good of a CB pairing as you can get long term. Plus pique can “ease” De Ligt in(not that he needs much of that) over the next season while he gets used to the team and system.

Or, I’m not sure Barca would do this but you could go 3 at the back and basically have 3 of the 10 best CB’s in the world while doing so.

Pique still has 2 years they'll rotate all four CBs with Pique taking the #1 spot for sure. No way they move to a back three especially with VV.

They don't really need any more defenders considering Pique's form and Lenglet's strong development, but De Ligt is a talent that's hard to pass up.

Just read Barcelona's first bid for Jovic is going to be 50M, Eintracht wants 65-70M. They want to finish up all of these new signings early in the summer, and I imagine they'll be busy with selling quite a few players afterwards.

Just add 30 million and get Dybala hell I'm willing to fund it.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
@cgf

In his defense, Dahoud looked to be the goods with Gladbach

Ego, ego, ego *sigh*

The talent he still flashes is delightful, but he's never been as consistently magical as he was that season under Schubert...the season in which he secured his BVB move after the following year...as he got complacent in his final BMG season & that has only continued with Dortmund. I do wonder how much of that would've happened if he had had a coach that believed in him completely, like Schubert did...for whom Mo quickly became a ride or die...but much of his stagnation has to be on Mo.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I think Pogba's comments while you see them often enough are pretty telling. I think he wants to go to Madrid and now. His contract situation doesn't do United any favors either.

Apparently, Barca bid 60 million on De ligt.

Hopefully that is true.

Won't be enough.

Probably not, but I'm guessing it's part of a transaction they call a "negotiation".

City are supposedly going after Saul for 80mil.

Doubt they get him. I would think they'd need to bid at least 100 million in today's market to get him.

He’d be a great fit still want him at Barca though.

Not interested as we don't need him. Would never happen and he'd cost way too much.

De Ligt wants the transfer to Barça, seems like it’s inevitable.

Sounds like that's the case and I hope it is. Just need to get him to sack his agent.

I wouldn't rule it out, but I highly doubt it. No need to move him. With Todibo we'd have five CBs (and a helluva stable of them at that), but I would suspect Todibo goes out on loan.

Exactly. Pique is going nowhere. Not sure what that has to do with Umtiti though.

Yeah, they tend tie things up early when they can. They need to get rid of some dead wood though while also making a decision on Coutinho and Malcolm.

Just add 30 million and get Dybala hell I'm willing to fund it.

Or just make the better move and stick with Jovic.

Ego, ego, ego *sigh*

The talent he still flashes is delightful, but he's never been as consistently magical as he was that season under Schubert...the season in which he secured his BVB move after the following year...as he got complacent in his final BMG season & that has only continued with Dortmund. I do wonder how much of that would've happened if he had had a coach that believed in him completely, like Schubert did...for whom Mo quickly became a ride or die...but much of his stagnation has to be on Mo.

Looks like we have a new poster on this forum. Welcome!

You might be curious to know that we had a guy who used to post here and he would go on all day long about Dahoud. Amazing the players people will go on about.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Looks like we have a new poster on this forum. Welcome!

You might be curious to know that we had a guy who used to post here and he would go on all day long about Dahoud. Amazing the players people will go on about.

Thanks, I've lurked for a bit. I've notice that you do well in your role as the guy who makes smug comments about players he didn't watch ;-)

Not even the complacency that's stagnated his career since then can take away how breath-taking Dahoud's breakthrough season was. This is why there's a difference between a world class talent and a world class footballer :dunno:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Thanks, I've lurked for a bit. I've notice that you do well in your role as the guy who makes smug comments about players he didn't watch ;-)

Not even the complacency that's stagnated his career since then can take away how breath-taking Dahoud's breakthrough season was. This is why there's a difference between a world class talent and a world class footballer :dunno:

Interesting considering our respective commentaries on the player that it's me who didn't watch him. Anyway, just have a little fun. :D

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Won't be enough.
Won't be a enough, still think he leaves around 90 million. However, if Barca is willing to pay up front 60 million and not in payment plans that should be very enticing for Ajax.

City are supposedly going after Saul for 80mil.
Oh damn, that would be a great move and push Fernandinho out of the starting XI.

I remember when Dahoud was a top 5 (10?) midfielder on this board. Those were fun times.
Dahoud is still a solid player. Of course D2M is correct that you can't teach IQ, but that doesn't mean he will either bust or become a midtable player, it just means that he probably turns more into a Kroos instead of a Kaka.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Dahoud is still a solid player. Of course D2M is correct that you can't teach IQ, but that doesn't mean he will either bust or become a midtable player, it just means that he probably turns more into a Kroos instead of a Kaka.

Well he's got a ways to go if he's going to turn into a Kroos, especially considering he's way behind. Look, I get y'all are finally catching on to Kroos, but no need to go overboard.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Football IQ on both sides of the ball. He makes bad decisions on when to dribble and when to release the ball to a teammate. Tunnel vision approach too often. Defensively, very little awareness of runs from midfield. He has the athleticism and effort to be a good defender, but he's bad on the tactical side of the defensive side.

I don't really fully agree that these are strictly his limitations. He is very inconsistent in some of these areas, but a lot of that is a function of getting very infrequent playing time, and having a poorly organized midfield with no role that really suits his strengths as a player.

I agree that there's a good chance he'll be sold though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad