Transfer: Summer transfers rumors and bickering

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Has anyone watched Bruno Fernandes this season? Haven’t been able to pay as close attention as I’d like to but United are rumored to be in on him for their midfield signing. I don’t think he would fit as an 8 though.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
But he probably wasn’t willing to sit on the bench as much as Shaqiri has.
Shaq was getting plenty of opportunity, and now Origi and Sturridge are getting it because Shaqiri is just not that good. Anderson would have kept getting the opportunities especially since he's a pretty flexible player as well (he could play as the AM in the 4-2-3-1 set up, and IIRC he even spent time as a wingback)...plus Anderson is legitimately very good and I think would fit in really well with Klopp's system.

Armchair GM mode.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
ugh, international breaks are the worst .... here's some stuff being tossed around that kinda interested me:

It'd be a helluva get , dunno how likely it is. Perhaps those who follow La Liga could provide some insight.

As they should , the price is only going up.

Interesting. Not someone I'd target if I were them , but to each his own.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

Gotta admit , I think he's gone. It's an upgrade for United , for sure - but he's a really good #2 , not a 1CB.

This guy's a dink.

Someone in the top 6 should get this guy.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
@Il Mediano How’s Manolas with the ball? I feel like he’d be a good compliment to Lindelof as he seems to be more of a dominant aerial threat and tackler than ball playing type.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
@Il Mediano How’s Manolas with the ball? I feel like he’d be a good compliment to Lindelof as he seems to be more of a dominant aerial threat and tackler than ball playing type.

haha... not very good. When he keeps it simple , he's good enough , though.

And yeah , partnering him with a ball-playing CB like Lindelof would be ideal.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
haha... not very good. When he keeps it simple , he's good enough , though.

And yeah , playing him with a ball-playing CB like Lindelof would be ideal.

That’s kinda what I figured. I’ve liked Manolas and wanted him for a little bit and think he’d be a great option if we can’t get Koulibaly.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
That’s kinda what I figured. I’ve liked Manolas and wanted him for a little bit and think he’d be a great option if we can’t get Koulibaly.

For the price , it's great value. But yeah, he's not on Koulibaly's level - with the ball , or without it.

The release clause would make it a relatively simple transaction for Woodward too , which is ideal for someone who's not really that great at transfer dealings.

I dunno... getting a top, top tier guy is so damn hard. Kostas should be a good enough solution for the time being. He definitely wouldn't be out of place , and I think the supporters would come to enjoy him.

Reactions: Gecklund

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
For the price , it's great value. But yeah, he's not on Koulibaly's level - with the ball , or without it.

The release clause would make it a relatively simple transaction for Woodward too , which is ideal for someone who's not really that great at transfer dealings.

I dunno... getting a top, top tier guy is so damn hard. Kostas should be a good enough solution for the time being. He definitely wouldn't be out of place , and I think the supporters would come to enjoy him.

Yeah I’d be all over him if Koulibaly isn’t an option. I mean I’d be paying out the nose for him as he’d completely change the complexion of the team like VVD. But getting Manolas and a young guy with some upside would also be a good move as well.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Yeah I’d be all over him if Koulibaly isn’t an option. I mean I’d be paying out the nose for him as he’d completely change the complexion of the team like VVD. But getting Manolas and a young guy with some upside would also be a good move as well.
I think Utd could do way better than Manolas. They really need to sign a superstar CB this summer and they will.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think Utd could do way better than Manolas. They really need to sign a superstar CB this summer and they will.

I mean yeah. I think that well basically pay whatever for Koulibaly if he can be had. But we could do a lot worse than Manolas, he’s a fantastic CB.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I mean yeah. I think that well basically pay whatever for Koulibaly if he can be had. But we could do a lot worse than Manolas, he’s a fantastic CB.
You have to tell yourself if he is a significant upgrade over Smalling, Bailly or Lindelof and I don't really see it. It is more of the same.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
You have to tell yourself if he is a significant upgrade over Smalling, Bailly or Lindelof and I don't really see it. It is more of the same.

He’s absolutely a significant upgrade over all 3 of those guys well not lindelof, but lindelof is also a way better CB than Jones, Smalling, or Bailly. That’s not even a question. Jones and Smalling are fine rotation options, Manolas is a damn good CB. Ideally he’d be your 2nd best CB with someone like VVD or someone of that level, but he’d be one of the better CB’s in the PL if he joined United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad