Transfer: Summer transfers rumors and bickering

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It's in every PSG source.
Yeah I’ve seen it reported a lot too. If he wants to go I’d say let him. I love Ander and he’s a big piece of our team but I think Rabiot or Ndombele or Bruno Fernandes would fit better in his spot.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Yeah I’ve seen it reported a lot too. If he wants to go I’d say let him. I love Ander and he’s a big piece of our team but I think Rabiot or Ndombele or Bruno Fernandes would fit better in his spot.
Ndombele and Rabiot would be huge for Utd. Massive upgrades over Herrera and Fellaini.

Reactions: Gecklund

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If Pogba leaves in the summer United is going to have a lot of work to do to get into/stay in the top 4 I think. Maybe slightly aided by Chelsea's transfer ban (though I think this could end up being a blessing in disguise).

N'Dombele would be a good start but I think he goes to a better team if he leaves Lyon.

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If Pogba leaves in the summer United is going to have a lot of work to do to get into/stay in the top 4 I think. Maybe slightly aided by Chelsea's transfer ban (though I think this could end up being a blessing in disguise).
I agree on both parts of this. I personally don’t see Pogba leaving but I think the most direct/easiest way for Pogba to be replaced is using that money to get both Koulibaly and Fekir. If Pogba goes it’s not for less than 200M. After getting those two I’d go buy a RW/RB, sign Rabiot on the free, and a DM.

Martial-Rashford-RW
Fekir-Matic(DM)-Rabiot
Shaw-Koulibaly-Lindelof-RB

Now maybe this is a FM idea but United is a FM club.

Also agree about Chelsea. Now they might have to play their youth.

Edit: Marca saying Varane wants to leave RM also. I would take whoever is cheaper out of him and Koulibaly

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I agree on both parts of this. I personally don’t see Pogba leaving but I think the most direct/easiest way for Pogba to be replaced is using that money to get both Koulibaly and Fekir. If Pogba goes it’s not for less than 200M. After getting those two I’d go buy a RW/RB, sign Rabiot on the free, and a DM.

Martial-Rashford-RW
Fekir-Matic(DM)-Rabiot
Shaw-Koulibaly-Lindelof-RB

Now maybe this is a FM idea but United is a FM club.

Also agree about Chelsea. Now they might have to play their youth.
I don't think it's impossible but I think United are going to have to go a bit more of the Liverpool route back to the top at this point -- buying players that aren't quite as high profile ala Firmino, Mane, Salah, etc. and developing them well, getting back to a top end, consistent product then they obviously have the wealth and prestige to get the big names and keep them. Without CL (which is a real possibility) especially. Guys like Fekir, Rabiot and Koulibaly are in very high demand by top clubs and I think at this point there are more attractive destinations that will at least offer comparable money. Especially if Pogba leaves the team will be in another state of transition.

Yeah, and the thing is Chelsea has plenty of very good youth/loan players out. The other thing is that it will mean no changes to the team over the summer aside from bringing those players back and giving them plenty of time to drill, integrate and create a cohesive environment/platform to go into next season (which especially with Sarri will be very helpful I think).

I think Fekir and Rabiot are more realistic buys but I have to imagine Koulibaly ends up at one of the best, most currently competitive clubs at this point, no?

EDIT: Also if the links to Sancho are true then United should be 100% all over that and make it their #1 priority...he could be some team's next Ronaldo (impact, not necessarily stylistically). There is so much talent there. I hope he is on the list with Bergwijn and Sarr for Liverpool; I know Klopp said they wanted to get him before.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don't think it's impossible but I think United are going to have to go a bit more of the Liverpool route back to the top at this point -- buying players that aren't quite as high profile ala Firmino, Mane, Salah, etc. and developing them well, getting back to a top end, consistent product then they obviously have the wealth and prestige to get the big names and keep them. Without CL (which is a real possibility) especially. Guys like Fekir, Rabiot and Koulibaly are in very high demand by top clubs and I think at this point there are more attractive destinations that will at least offer comparable money. Especially if Pogba leaves the team will be in another state of transition.

Yeah, and the thing is Chelsea has plenty of very good youth/loan players out. The other thing is that it will mean no changes to the team over the summer aside from bringing those players back and giving them plenty of time to drill, integrate and create a cohesive environment/platform to go into next season (which especially with Sarri will be very helpful I think).

I think Fekir and Rabiot are more realistic buys but I have to imagine Koulibaly ends up at one of the best, most currently competitive clubs at this point, no?

EDIT: Also if the links to Sancho are true then United should be 100% all over that and make it their #1 priority...he could be some team's next Ronaldo (impact, not necessarily stylistically). There is so much talent there. I hope he is on the list with Bergwijn and Sarr for Liverpool; I know Klopp said they wanted to get him before.
Yeah I think Rabiot, Fekir, and Sancho should be our number 1 targets if Pogba leaves. Next tier I’d have CB (hopefully Koulibaly or Varane but I’d be okay with Manolas for now) and a RB (AWB?, Hysaj).

If Pogba stays, it should be Sancho and the CB on the first tier and then Rabiot and RB.

I think it’s a little different than Liverpool. I mean United brought in Pogba, Matic without playing a game in the CL. I have a feeling they make it this year. I see City, Liverpool, Spurs, and United getting top 4 and then one of Chelsea or Arsenal win the EL. Even if they sell Pogba they can quickly turn things around (they need to buy before selling though otherwise they get a Lukaku-Everton situation)

Reactions: YNWA14

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Two rumors I'm surprised by:

• Varane leaving Madrid. I'm not surprised to read it, but I'm surprised the legs it seems to have. Seems highly unlikely to me, but it's coming from the Madrid press.
  • Herrera to PSG. Not a bad player at all, but just surprised they're not looking at someone younger.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Reactions: Cassano

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Both Spanish and Dutch papers mention de Ligt to Barcelona is getting closer and closer.

I feel Barca wants to get it done before the CL matches with Juve, because two good outings there would drive up his price tag even more. Fabio Paratici, Juve's sporting director cancelled his visit to Amsterdam. He no longer will attend Oranje vs Germany and will fly into Lissabon to focus on Ruben Dias, who should cost a lot less. Seems like de Ligt has his mind set on Barcelona and interested teams have picked up on that.

I also have a feeling Barca will try to make Cillessen a part of the de Ligt deal. I'm not a fan of Cillessen, but he's been great for Barcelona and I wouldn't mind his return, I just want the jackpot for de Ligt (85+M).

I read that Barca wants 45M for Cillessen; but I'm sure they'll take 25-30M. Not sure which teams need a keeper, though.

Reactions: John Pedro

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Does United still have a buy back clause with Depay? If yes is this a no brainer?

Our clause was that we get to match the best offer or something like that. And no it’s not a no brainer. Guy has some of the best natural talent I’ve ever seen, but he’s incredibly immature and isn’t a better option than anyone we currently have. Especially considering he isn’t a RW.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think he's better than the options United has currently but he's not a necessity, would probably cost a decent amouny and is enigmatic so can't really be relied on.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I really think Memphis could be another Zaha who went to United too early, and has become a much better player after going back to a club closer to their level. You can call a player immature for their time at United, but they were younger when they went there.

I'd take either player at Liverpool to improve their depth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad